Is it normal to want a life without romance?

Romance always is a big part of our lives but as we get older, things becomes mellow. Romance doesn't require to have sex involved. It can be for anything that comes along for the ride. You know, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be alone but it is always nice to grow old with someone that is meaningful to you.

As for romance being non-existent, I'd think it would throw the nature out of loop because we all are into it one way or other. So, for me, romance is something we all thrive on.

I am romanceless at the moment it doesn't mean it has to stay this way. I would like to meet a nice gentleman to fall in love with and bring the romance in our marriage. That's what I can't wait for :naughty::giggle:

Then, I don't know. I can live without sex, but not romance. I'd need companionship.

There are many different types of love, and even a long lasting marraige goes through the different types at different stages. First, there is infatuation, which includes a strong sense of physical attraction, and those feelings of not wanting to be away from the partner for any length of time. Thoughts ar preoccupied with the beloved. This is what most refer to as "falling in love". Next, there is romantic love. It takes that infatuation to a deeper level.
Then there is the type of love that couples enter into when they are working together to build a home, raise children, etc. At this time, they move out of the first type of love I mentioned, and into a more secure and sharing type of love relationship. This is known as committed love.

When a relationship has endured for a long time, the couple drifts into the companionship form of love, where they enjoy being in other's company, but it is more comfortable and relaxed and accepting. The couple recognizes the faults and sortcomings of the other (unlike infatuation where we are convinced that the person we love is perfect.) They can even admit to not liking each other at times, but are committed to the relationship and feel that they would rather share companionship with this partner than any other, even if it isn't perfect.

The problem arises when we believe that we are always supposed to have head over heels, can't think of anything else, delusions of perfection type of infatuation. This is not the stuff of lasting relationships.

romances is many, many and many purposes in the lives where we can have. Its always nice to have that special.

I cannot live without romance. Romance is very important to me and my husband!

LOL, we don't need to worry about them taking over the religious front! They eventually just die out! No sex, no kids! There goes the blood line!:giggle:

:giggle: True, but they used to convert people into Shakers and adopt so many orphans to raise the number.

But as of 2006, there's 4 members of the Shakers left.

So, yeah, the Shakers will cease to exist once the last member dies and no one wants to convert.

Romance always is a big part of our lives but as we get older, things becomes mellow. Romance doesn't require to have sex involved. It can be for anything that comes along for the ride. You know, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be alone but it is always nice to grow old with someone that is meaningful to you.

As for romance being non-existent, I'd think it would throw the nature out of loop because we all are into it one way or other. So, for me, romance is something we all thrive on.

You got some great point there Jo, so I agree with the rest of the statment. :) Two thumbs up!:cool2:

Nooo way! Lol I MUST have a romance in my relationship.

Guess what ? I received a very beautiful vase with lots of flowers in it along with a teddy bear, " Queen Anne " cordial cherry candy box and a note from my significant other. It also has a " heart " balloon with a logo it says, " I Love You ". He sent me those yesterday through Florist Store with a surprise. He is a very romantic man! I love him sooo dearly! :D

And, YES a romance is a MUST for me! :)

Some people can do it without romance. As for me, I cannot see myself survive in a romance-less relationship.

I found out this so called thing without sex is called Spiritual marriage for one who is married to someone but doesnt have sex.

but what do you call if its a relationship? Its platonic relationship? I guess.

I can't image without a romance in my life. The romance doesnt have to be big or fancy but it can be simple things. Send a txt to say I <3 you or miss you. Give some affections. To know that you re loved. I like simple things.

I prefer to be single than stay and be miserable in romantic less relationship.

I found out this so called thing without sex is called Spiritual marriage for one who is married to someone but doesnt have sex.

but what do you call if its a relationship? Its platonic relationship? I guess.

Then what was the point of getting married if you can't have sex?

Some people get married for many reasons.. like some are gay and want to protect their reputation like Rock Hudson for example and among others.

or just to protect their money not being lost or willed to someone else like ex wife but want to keep the money in family like son or grandkids. its for them when father or mother die, money go to them instead of your ex if they are still minor.

Some may be in name only due to business.

Some had to marry due to royalty family's demands like other cultures in other countries.

Some may be by force? so they didnt have sex?

So many reasons??

Well, there is a difference between "can't have sex" and "not interested in having sex." Two people who are asexual would actually have a very compatible marraige.

Well, there is a difference between "can't have sex" and "not interested in having sex." Two people who are asexual would actually have a very compatible marraige.

that's not gona work out for me :o

Is it normal to want a life without romance? - TODAY: Relationships - MSNBC.com

what if it was you? Would you think it is normal to want a life without romance? Or must you have some romance in your life?

I found this and thought huh? this is very interesting... so wondering if there is someone out there that is like that? 1 that doesnt want romance but have a marriage with someone.

Share! :)

For me, having a marriage without romance would suck .. but the meaning of romance varries to every individual

Romance is a wonderful thing if you got the right person to be in love with him or her. Sometimes romance not for everbody if they haven't find that someone speical yet. Sometimes you just got to take fate in your own hands to make it happens. Don't sit around to wait for romance come to you. You have to get out there to meet people then you will have romance. :)

I was in a marriage for a long time that was sex-less and romance-less. We stayed together for the sake of companionship, I guess. But I decided that wasn't enough anymore and got out of that marriage. Now I'm in a relationship that has what my marriage was lacking, but I have to admit that while dating others before, the frustration of dating almost made me want to just dump relationships altogether and just be by myself and my kitties. But the urge for companionship at the very least will always be there.

Back