Is Islam a Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, hottieboi. Aside from you being a jesus freak, you're not a bad person.

You're married to a second wife now? Or just friends with her now? Wasn't sure if you said, "wife" as you have a wife now.

I know one deaf guy named Eric and we met at a coffeehouse. He was shy and he tried hard to blend in with the gays but it didn't seem to work. A year later, he went to NTID and he got ostrachized because he just looked dorky. His signs were awkward and he just doesn't look "cool" no matter how hard he groomed himself well. His car got vandalized with gay slurs. It was extremely stressful for him. I felt sorry for him.

A few years later, I saw him again at Deaf Expo. He told me he got into the church and prayed to become straight. He married an asian girl. I said that's gotta be tough but wished him well. I think all that homophobia that he endured drove him to seek for help and he felt that the Bible offered him help.

Does anyone know who I am talking about? He went to NTID in 1994, I think. He's very short. He married an asian girl who's as short as him.

netrox said:
Interesting, hottieboi. Aside from you being a jesus freak, you're not a bad person.

You're married to a second wife now? Or just friends with her now? Wasn't sure if you said, "wife" as you have a wife now.

I know one deaf guy named Eric and we met at a coffeehouse. He was shy and he tried hard to blend in with the gays but it didn't seem to work. A year later, he went to NTID and he got ostrachized because he just looked dorky. His signs were awkward and he just doesn't look "cool" no matter how hard he groomed himself well. His car got vandalized with gay slurs. It was extremely stressful for him. I felt sorry for him.

A few years later, I saw him again at Deaf Expo. He told me he got into the church and prayed to become straight. He married an asian girl. I said that's gotta be tough but wished him well. I think all that homophobia that he endured drove him to seek for help and he felt that the Bible offered him help.

Does anyone know who I am talking about? He went to NTID in 1994, I think. He's very short. He married an asian girl who's as short as him.

You mean he is midget or dwarf??? if he is homosexual by nature,, he should not get married... he will not be happy if religion changed his feelings.. IT WILL NOT LAST.. i know few of my friends who had tried to change to be straight,,, they thought they did... but in few yrs later they are back to their homosexual ways... I do believe that most of gays and lesbians are born that way... anyone should not change them.... let them be theirselves and be happy with life... we straight people should never try to change the gays and lesbians... Leave them alone and let them be happy!!!

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie :whistle:

netrox said:

Hehe, thanks, yeah, when we get to know each other, it ll be cool, smile. No I'm not married or have girlfriend yet. Yeah, a friend of yours you were talking about does work that way and like I said each of us faces different circumstances and each respond differently. I probably said wife meant as of my ex. Smile.

SxyPorkie said:
You mean he is midget or dwarf???

No, he's not a midget. He's just unusually short for a male.. I think he's 5'5".

Rubbing my eyes and shaking my head, Whoa ..... has this gotten :topic: or what?

ismi said:
Did you bother to read those articles? The first one - the one you quoted - is not a defense of violence, but rather an analysis of arguments made by people on both sides of the controversy. The second one is also a theological analysis. Posting it in the context you did shows incredible intellectual dishonesty.
Yes, I read them.

The reason I post the link url's is exactly so everyone can read the entire text, and see the source. I expect people to check them out for themselves.

Teresh said:
Originally Posted by CyberRed
Wow ? You don't make sense. Jesus Christ is the Authority of all. HE was the ONE who DIED for ME. HE was the ONE who PURCHASED ME with His BLOOD.
Um... That's kind of gross.
No, it's precious.

Isaiah 53
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Endymion said:
Reba, thank you for you explanation of being born again. I understand some of the history, like with John 3:1-5 and Charles Colson's role in the propagation of the born again concept in America post-1960s. It is, however, helpful that you provided me with a clearer illustration of what it means to you.
An even better illustration can be found in the writings of Charles Spurgeon--He was using "born again" many years before Chuck Colson. :P

Some examples:

"Ye must be born again," is Christ's own word to all unregenerate sinners.

He has come in order that we may be born again, and have new hearts and right spirits

from The Need and Nature of Conversion
October 13th, 1878
by
C. H. SPURGEON
(1834-1892)

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/2797.HTM

...or Jonathan Edwards, in his classic 1741 sermon, "SINNERS IN THE HANDS OF AN ANGRY GOD"

Thus all you that never passed under a great change of heart, by the mighty power of the Spirit of God upon your souls; all you that were never born again, and made new creatures, and raised from being dead in sin, to a state of new, and before altogether unexperienced light and life, are in the hands of an angry God.

How dreadful is the state of those that are daily and hourly in the danger of this great wrath and infinite misery! But this is the dismal case of every soul in this congregation that has not been born again, however moral and strict, sober and religious, they may otherwise be.

Are there not many here who have lived long in the world, and are not to this day born again?

http://www.jonathanedwards.com/sermons/Warnings/sinners.htm

Another question ... would you say many American Christians are really born again? Or few?
I honestly can't say. :dunno:

Only God knows the heart. Many people who profess to be Christian, really aren't. It's rare for born-again Christians in America to deny that Jesus is their Savior, so there probably wouldn't be too many "uncounted" ones if there was a national survey taken. It would also depend on how the question was worded. It would have to be clear as to whether or not the responder met the criteria of "born again" Christian, or "Christian" as in "well, I guess so because I'm not anything else." So, if there are numbers for how many people profess to be born-again Christians, that would give you an upper figure. Then, "many" or "few" depends on what you consider to be "many" or "few", in percentages or raw figures.

I did find this report (linked below) with lots of statistics. I'm not familiar with this group so I can't vouch for their research. But it was interesting.
http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=Topic&TopicID=8

netrox said:
Honestly, hottieboi, you should just tell her mother to back off. Your ex-wife married you for worse or better, richer or poorer.

Did you have a wedding? Or did you elope?

Hey Hottieboi,
Aw what a bummer about your mother-in-law's
constant controlling/interference between you both.
Perhaps Satan was involved making every effort
to destroy it.

I wish that your mother-in-law would just stay away.

Reba said:
An even better illustration can be found in the writings of Charles Spurgeon--He was using "born again" many years before Chuck Colson. :P

Some examples:

"Ye must be born again," is Christ's own word to all unregenerate sinners.

He has come in order that we may be born again, and have new hearts and right spirits

from The Need and Nature of Conversion
October 13th, 1878
by
C. H. SPURGEON
(1834-1892)

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/2797.HTM

...or Jonathan Edwards, in his classic 1741 sermon, "SINNERS IN THE HANDS OF AN ANGRY GOD"

Thus all you that never passed under a great change of heart, by the mighty power of the Spirit of God upon your souls; all you that were never born again, and made new creatures, and raised from being dead in sin, to a state of new, and before altogether unexperienced light and life, are in the hands of an angry God.

How dreadful is the state of those that are daily and hourly in the danger of this great wrath and infinite misery! But this is the dismal case of every soul in this congregation that has not been born again, however moral and strict, sober and religious, they may otherwise be.

Are there not many here who have lived long in the world, and are not to this day born again?

http://www.jonathanedwards.com/sermons/Warnings/sinners.htm

I honestly can't say. :dunno:

Only God knows the heart. Many people who profess to be Christian, really aren't. It's rare for born-again Christians in America to deny that Jesus is their Savior, so there probably wouldn't be too many "uncounted" ones if there was a national survey taken. It would also depend on how the question was worded. It would have to be clear as to whether or not the responder met the criteria of "born again" Christian, or "Christian" as in "well, I guess so because I'm not anything else." So, if there are numbers for how many people profess to be born-again Christians, that would give you an upper figure. Then, "many" or "few" depends on what you consider to be "many" or "few", in percentages or raw figures.

I did find this report (linked below) with lots of statistics. I'm not familiar with this group so I can't vouch for their research. But it was interesting.
http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=Topic&TopicID=8
Hey, Reba, i m using my devtional now with the book of Cahrles Spurgeon two ofthem after I read the bok from someone else about the history of different hymnal songs called Amazing Grace then read two of Charles Spurgeons one called Morning and evening and the other Comfort for the souls. Its very good. Each of those is what what I ask the Lord to speak to me and many times He has and, but for study during the day called Lord, Heal My Hurts, by Kay Arthur. Sometimes is overwhelming to figure how it works, only answer is the Holy Spirit. And also read Max Lucado, for now I'm reading Come Thirsty. Now, about Colson, is he the one was in prison? And where he was converted and now ministry in prison? If so, I seen him speak at Promise Keeper and it was awesome testimony.

Y said:
Hey Hottieboi,
Aw what a bummer about your mother-in-law's
constant controlling/interference between you both.
Perhaps Satan was involved making every effort
to destroy it.

I wish that your mother-in-law would just stay away.
I know, well, as I see, I'm in a very deep fiery trials, and sadly, I failed. And now, I see the reasoning of it there's so much in the last of my marriage which was overwhelming, beyond I couldn't handle. God knows my heart and see, there is my blindspot which God can allow so I can see more of me. And that's how right now, in the healing process and He is still showing me many ways which He helps me to adjust. What really help is genuine forgiveness, that's the start of healing. Like I said few thread back, inspite of their unforgiveness, unreconcilations and their hatred won't change me when I keep rely on Him. But yes, my ex wife forgave me. But my two girls told me there is no reason for me to ask for forgiveness, they hurt me bec what they did to you and can't stand the hurt I see you were going thru with their no respect of you at all. (My girls saying). You are the best dad in the whole world, I cried and I hold them dear in my heart. You know what? My girls gave me losta gifts thru ups and each gave me the card by saying your angel and also by saying greatest dad in the whole world. My girls does not allow to talk about me around them and they punished my girls for them saying, that goes with her aunts the worse one to my girls and keep telling my girls he is not ur dad and my oldest tell them that for you to decide, inspite of your evil behavior, he is stil my dad, and boy, they hurt her bad. You may ask, where is ur wife, can she say something, the answer, she is afraid to. Guess what? In laws took my ex and two girls to hawaii now. Hehehe, I know this is off topics, but rather reply. Thanks, smile

Hottieboi, it looks like you're blessed
that your ex-wife and girls still LOVE you
no matter whatever happened before.
This might NOT be too late, who knows ?
It's so nice to know that God loves you, too.

p.s. Because I come from a large family,
I have to deal with many in-laws which
were NOT that easy for me at all.
Sometimes I could NOT understand WHY would
your mother-in-law took your ex and girls
to Hawaii at this time ugh...

hottiedeafboi said:
... Now, about Colson, is he the one was in prison? And where he was converted and now ministry in prison? If so, I seen him speak at Promise Keeper and it was awesome testimony.
Yes, he was in prison for his part in Watergate.

According to his website, he was saved in 1973.

Here's the link for him and his prison ministry:

http://www.prisonfellowship.org/Bio.asp?ID=43

Saudi textbooks preach intolerance, hate
Despite post-9/11 policy change, children still taught to wage jihad
By Lisa Myers & the NBC Investigative Unit

Updated: 6:30 p.m. ET July 10, 2006

WASHINGTON - In the classroom and across Saudi society, Saudi officials insist their message has changed dramatically. The land that produced 15 of the 9/11 hijackers now officially preaches religious tolerance and moderation.

In numerous statements, senior Saudi officials have specifically claimed that the kingdom has cleaned up all school textbooks.

"We eliminated what might be perceived as intolerance from old textbooks that were in our system," says Prince Turki al-Faisal, the Saudi ambassador to the U.S.

There has been progress. However, a new study found examples of intolerance, even hate, in multiple Saudi textbooks now used in grades 1-12.

Nina Shea's group — the Center for Religious Freedom — examined textbooks used during the past school year, and found the following teachings, which were verified by NBC News:

Jews and Christians are "enemies" of Muslims.
Every religion other than Islam is "false."
"The hour [of Judgment] will not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them."
"It's taught that Christians and Jews are the enemy of the Muslim," says Shea. "And that the Muslim must wage jihad in order to spread the faith in battle against the infidel."

What's more, an eighth grade text equates Jews with "apes" and Christian infidels with "swine." A tenth grade text teaches that the life of a Muslim is worth twice that of a non-Muslim.

"This is the ideological foundation for building tomorrows' terrorists," says Shea.

And it's not just textbooks. In Canada, moderate Muslims like Tarek Fatah charge that militant literature provided by the Saudis is radicalizing some young Muslims, like the 17 men arrested there last month for planning bombings in Canada.

"I see Saudi influence," says Fatah, the communications director of the Muslim Canadian Congress.

Fatah says a version of the Quran sent to Canada from Saudi Arabia in his possession includes added language encouraging jihad.

"The Quran does not ask people to conduct war against non-Muslims, but that's what the Saudis are distributing," says Fatah.

In one example, the word "Jews" is added to the translation, identifying "people" who have "strayed from God's laws."

"It's totally unethical, immoral and un-Islamic to do that, to play around with the words of God," says Fatah.

Middle Eastern sources tell NBC that the Saudi government has stopped distributing the Qurans in question. As for the textbooks, Saudi officials say they can only change as much and as fast as Saudi society allows, and that they are more concerned about how reforms are perceived at home than in the United States.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13804825/

more:

...the report shows that these textbooks:

• teach that "Jews and the Christians are enemies of the (Muslim) believers" and that "the clash" between the two realms is perpetual;

• command Muslims to "hate" Christians, Jews, "polytheists" and other "unbelievers," including non-Wahhabi Muslims, though, incongruously, not to treat them "unjustly";

• teach the infamous forgeries, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, as historical fact;

• teach other conspiracy theories accusing Freemasons, Lions Clubs and Rotary Clubs of plotting to undermine Muslims;

• instruct students not to "greet," "befriend," "imitate," "show loyalty to," "be courteous to" or "respect" non-believers;

• condemn and denigrate the majority of Sunni Muslims who do not follow the Wahhabi understanding of Islam and call them deviants and descendants of polytheists.

• condemn and denigrate Shiite and Sufi Muslims' beliefs and practices as heretical and call them "polytheists";

• assert that the spread of Islam through jihad is a "religious duty;"

• instruct that "fighting between Muslims and Jews" will continue until Judgment Day and that the Muslims are promised victory over the Jews in the end;

• include a map of the Middle East that labels Israel within its pre-1967 borders as "Palestine: occupied 1948."

The Wahhabi sect of Islam is the foundation of the Saudi state's political ideology and at the core of its educational curriculum. According to the Saudi embassy in Washington, the Saudi public school system has 25,000 schools, educating some 5 million students. Saudi Arabia also runs academies in 19 world capitals, including one outside Washington in Alexandria, Virginia, that use some of these same religious texts.

The report is posted at www. freedomhouse.org/religion.

Reba made a real point - if textbooks are teaching that hatred, why should we just let them slide by? We should declare a war on them and destroy them. After all, they ASKED for it.

netrox said:
Reba made a real point - if textbooks are teaching that hatred, why should we just let them slide by? We should declare a war on them and destroy them. After all, they ASKED for it.
You got the god point there. Its argumetive issue how to deal with those like that. As you see been ongoing in iraq sunnis and shiites constantly killing each others and israelites and palestinians ongoing battle. What's very interesting about George Washington, he was first diest and later became christian and he prayed tremendous and its been received a lot letter wriiten by Washington, who was deist, freemason and etc. There is a book about his life, I would love to have, but forgot the name of the book, he said as a general, if anyone soldiers use profanities, blashphemous in God's name will receive 50 lashes, if repeat, 100 and even tho noone dare for 3rd. Today, military using a lot of vulgar talks. Same as Abraham Lincoln, lot of them prayed to the Father for guidance. This is what this nation need, prayer and ask for guidance. Even Roosevelt talked about our virtues and morals integrity for this country. Its not an easy decision of what's going on. Like King Saul have no patience waiting when prophet didn't show up so he proceed the sacrifice before the war. Probelm is no patience. That is why, we need God's guidance in every facet we face. Its not easy and may not be speedy, but patience is great virtue. Its not surprising what's going on in islam world. Been going on for long time. That's why on other thread ii ve been saying, jews and christians are very close knit and hand in hand, bec what's in OT and NT, plumbline shown perfect measure. Its not matter of religion, its a matter of what God has planned.

What's very interesting about George Washington, he was first diest and later became christian and he prayed tremendous and its been received a lot letter wriiten by Washington, who was deist, freemason and etc. There is a book about his life, I would love to have, but forgot the name of the book, he said as a general, if anyone soldiers use profanities, blashphemous in God's name will receive 50 lashes, if repeat, 100 and even tho noone dare for 3rd.

Really? What book is that? Nothing says that he died a Christian. In fact, his minister wrote, "Sir, he was a Deist" to an evangelist Christian who hoped he died a Christian.

netrox said:
Really? What book is that? Nothing says that he died a Christian. In fact, his minister wrote, "Sir, he was a Deist" to an evangelist Christian who hoped he died a Christian.
Yes, that's one of the pastor said that he hoped he died with Christ. At first, Washington refuse participate communion and later he had. So there are different views and as of different studied of Washington's letters he wrote, it was like a journal. The probelm with washington view on christians is what's been happening in Church of England as he met presbyterian, episoplian, and other denominations, apperently he did nt realize it wasn't the same as Church of England. I don't know what book it called, something the title as Fire something or sometthing Fire. So he has all kinds of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back