Is Dishwashing cleannnn as pure ? ?

Dishwasher never clean VERY PURE and PERFECT... Because I been grew up with dishwasher, I saw my parents wash the dishes then put them in dishwasher, then wait until bedtime for them, then they will start the dishwasher then it will be good clean but not perfect... I'm planning to do same thing like my parents did since Sequoias and I have a dishwasher... But if few dishes, we will wash with our own hands than use the dishwasher...

:ugh: I believe that you should, because you would have dirty water running it's cycle when you don't even rinse the dishes off before putting them in the dishwasher, My step-mother did the same way as you did, and I could tell the dirty water was still standing on the bottom of the dishwasher, and it can cause your filter to be clogged up. But, don't have to rinse the dishes with hot water, because if you use too much hot water, then the dishwasher won't be able to run hot water.

I had it since 1989 with no problem... All what I do is take care of filter everytime after put clean dishes away to cupboard. It´s bad if you leave dirty in filter for long weeks... It make dishwasher smelly and clogged up... I pick filter up and throw few dirty away to rubbish bin and then rinse filter with water to clean then put filter back to dishwasher for next dishes... Do it everytime is best than leave it long weeks... horrible smelly... it take you only few minutes to take care of filter. I had dishwasher since 1989 with no trouble or no once repair...

Just empty few overleft or whatever to rubbish bin until there´re no overleft then put them to dishwasher...

Modern dishwashers don't have filters. Our dishwasher is about three years old, and it doesn't have a filter. All the food scraps go thru a "chopper" like a garbage disposal, in the dishwasher, and it all flushes away. There's nothing left over, and no odor.

Modern dishwashers don't have filters. Our dishwasher is about three years old, and it doesn't have a filter. All the food scraps go thru a "chopper" like a garbage disposal, in the dishwasher, and it all flushes away. There's nothing left over, and no odor.

Without filter but chopper?

I rather to have filter because it doesn't affect environment friendly. It's very easy to take care of filter... Just empty scaps from filter to rubbish bin and rinsing with water then put it back to dishwasher..

See the example what I have... Use filter is very simple... no odor... It will if you leave dirt in filter sooo long...

http://www.appliance-parts.co.uk/shop/shopimages/308.jpg

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.lubica.net/dishwasher/images/filter_removing.jpg

Question: as what you say that scraps go thru chopper then flush away to where?

I have filter for all sinks, bath, shower, dishwasher etc. to prevent from clog.

It's clean and save money for repair for clogged drain etc.

she means that modern dishwashers have choppers that send the food to the septic tank or through the pipes to sewage plants. that way it's less trouble on the person using the dishwasher.

she means that modern dishwashers have choppers that send the food to the septic tank or through the pipes to sewage plants. that way it's less trouble on the person using the dishwasher.

Yes I know what she talking about... I only asked her where scraps go to after chopper then flush away...?

as what you say that it's sewage pipe...

I rather to have filter because of environment friendly.

Without filter but chopper?

I rather to have filter because it doesn't affect environment friendly. It's very easy to take care of filter... Just empty scaps from filter to rubbish bin and rinsing with water then put it back to dishwasher..
How is the scraps chopper not friendly to the environment? It works just like a garbage disposal. The pieces and water flow out the same pipe with the sink water.

If you put the scraps from a filter in the rubbish, where does that go? To a landfill? That's no more environmentally friendly. Also, you're still rinsing the filter with water that flows down the sink pipe. How is that any different from chopping the scraps?

See the example what I have... Use filter is very simple... no odor... It will if you leave dirt in filter sooo long...
There is no "dirt" or odor in the new machines that don't have filters.

Question: as what you say that scraps go thru chopper then flush away to where?
To the sewer with the rest of the dishwasher water.

I have filter for all sinks, bath, shower, dishwasher etc. to prevent from clog.
Do you mean filters that cover the drains, like to prevent long hair from clogging them?

We don't have long hair, so we never have any clogs. We've lived here 16 years and I've never had a clogged sink, tub, shower, garbage disposal, clothes washer, or dishwasher.

I think I need to clarify something about the recycling and environmental friendliness in Germany.

They separate everything right at home, even paper, white glass, brown glass, green glass, tetrapak containers, plastic, etc... In addition to this, food is usually put in a compost pail. Many cities have compost containers for this purpose and some people have their own compost bins in their backyards.

It is my guess that Liebling probably saves her food waste to put in compost pail, and to use in her garden. I wonder what her reply would be after me.

...They separate everything right at home, even paper, white glass, brown glass, green glass, tetrapak containers, plastic, etc... In addition to this, food is usually put in a compost pail. Many cities have compost containers for this purpose and some people have their own compost bins in their backyards.
We just sort our paper, plastics, cans, and glass.

We used to use a compost container for kitchen scraps but it didn't really work out for us. Most of our compost is grass clippings and mulched leaves.

It is my guess that Liebling probably saves her food waste to put in compost pail, and to use in her garden. I wonder what her reply would be after me.
I don't know. She didn't refer to a compost pail or garden. She said, "Just empty scaps from filter to rubbish bin and rinsing with water then put it back to dishwasher."

I believe a rubbish bin is like a garbage can for mixed garbage and trash.

I guess we'll have to wait for Liebling's explanation. :)

I use a dishwasher for most of the plates...but I wash the family china by hand.

We have a dishwasher here, too. It was brand new when I moved in this apartment unit when it was opened to public in 2003. It has pot and pan feature to wash them and we use them only if there's a lot of dishes to wash. If a few dishes, we just wash them by hand.

Hi Reba & Kuiji75,

I will be back for answer to your questions later. I think it´s off-topic, we made our posts here... Its about dishwasher, not environment-friendly...

I will pull old thread over environment-friendly thread to paste your posts over there to answer your questions....

from Wiki:
Mid-to-higher end North American dishwashers often come with hard food disposal units, which behave like miniature garbage (waste) disposal units that eliminate large pieces of food waste from the wash water. One manufacturer that is known for omitting hard food disposals is Bosch, a German brand; however, Bosch does so in order to reduce noise. If the larger items of food waste is removed before placing in the dishwasher, pre-rinsing is not necessary even without integrated waste disposal units. Pre-rinsing under a running tap beforehand simply wastes water.

Hi Reba & Kuiji75,

I will be back for answer to your questions later. I think it´s off-topic, we made our posts here... Its about dishwasher, not environment-friendly...

I will pull old thread over environment-friendly thread to paste your posts over there to answer your questions....
That's not really necessary.

I just wanted to know how using a filter in a dishwasher is more environmentally friendly than using a built-in food disposal.

Back