Is Cursive Handwriting Dying? And Is That Bad for Society?

dude.... it's not that hard to understand....

foxrac and his doctor communicated with each other thru paper and pen.....

Yes, that's correct.

I'm shocked that few members can't understand about what I'm saying.

so. computers helps you cheat, right

Cheat? I have LD and the computer helped me to achieve the typing independently, without depend on someone to help with paper and dictionary book.

make constanents legible and fuzz up vowels
:lol: i'd have to fuzz up the consonants too. Just make whe entire thing fuzzy!

For instance i would have spelled consonants "consinence" and so spell checker though i wanted conscience and i had to put "consinence and vowels" into google to figure it out.

Yes, that's correct.

I'm shocked that few members can't understand about what I'm saying.

I apologize. I now understand what you are trying to say.

All I can say is(if this is at all possible): Have him use a computer to type out what he is saying.

That must have been very frustrating for you.

Had an interesting conversation today about the future of written language. In the future, it seem everything is going to go video. However, as the person I was talking to stated, you can't take a large scale project design and convert it to video because it would take a reader a long time to view and take in the information. This point was well taken, but, since I'm studying the origins of written language, I'm not sure that is an insurmountable issue. In the beginning, the problem with written language was storage. It was/is easier to remember less letters or pictographs. Today, however, we have unlimited storing of digital data and that solves a problem that has hindered language from being an exact replica of spoken or painted words. In short, pictographs can now be real images, given unlimited storage.

I'm still not totally sold on it, but I see no reason to discount video as the sole communication media in the future.

I apologize. I now understand what you are trying to say.

All I can say is(if this is at all possible): Have him use a computer to type out what he is saying.

That must have been very frustrating for you.

Not all doctor office have computer to communicate and I will not carry my computer due to privacy concern.

I don't have problem if doctor use print writing.

I can't remember which country in Europe but deaf people in that country can use their smartphones to get a video interpreter service online anytime anywhere such as a car rental, dr appt, food order, police station, etc so they don't need to carry paper/pen. I saw it at YouTube last year or so.

Unfortunately, FCC doesn't allow VRS to be used for that purpose.

Back