IRC chatroom complaint

Kai Onca

Reaction score
In my opinion some people even can't access to the IRC chatroom that this site hosts... I strongly believe its more convient for more people to go to a AIM chatroom instead of the IRC chatroom. :mad:

If proper instructions were followed....this present IRC chatroom can be accessiable via any types of softwares. I've been ignoring all the responsiblities of AD including the part where I was supposed to create tutorials on many different methods that this chatroom can be accessiable. My ignorance is for a good reason....I'm waiting to see if Alex is going to do something about a particular situtation that needs extra attention.

Your suggest of using AIM chatroom can be done but that would force all of the members to use AOL programs.

There are several members who would refuse to use such programs.

If you think that there should be a AIM chatroom.....no one is stopping you or anyone else to establish their own chatroom for your friends. Feel free.

That is of course if Alex disagrees with me. :p

I agree with SG, using the web based chat room is pretty good -- but if you're having trouble with that...why don't you download mIRC or pIRCh and add the server information in Efnet and go from there. I have no problem using mIRC. I did get onto webbased chat only once but have had trouble getting on, so I used mIRC and have no problems with that.

What's more -- not a lot of people have AIM in order to get into the AIM chat as you suggested, Cricket. Some have AOL, but won't have access to the chat room and some have MAC computers...best thing is to get an IRC program.

WaterRats13 said:
What's more -- not a lot of people have AIM in order to get into the AIM chat as you suggested, Cricket. Some have AOL, but won't have access to the chat room and some have MAC computers...best thing is to get an IRC program.

:dunno: good point grrr

Oh well i'm shit out of luck.... i have no clue whats wrong with my computer..... :(

I agree with waterrats :werd: its understandable ur having trouble getting in.

You're aware that you can now share a chatroom with AOL AND AIM users? How? I dont know, :D but i've seen it and i've been in it.

My recommendation is to get mIRC, which is fairly easy to learn - and free. For those of you who like free stuff (who doesnt) this is not too bad. It takes some getting used to but hey, if i can teach tinystrawberry to use it - anyone can use it.

We need more people in the chat, is there a way to make it more appealing than the same 8 people? ;)

pinkster said:
You're aware that you can now share a chatroom with AOL AND AIM users? How? I dont know, :D but i've seen it and i've been in it.

My recommendation is to get mIRC, which is fairly easy to learn - and free. For those of you who like free stuff (who doesnt) this is not too bad. It takes some getting used to but hey, if i can teach tinystrawberry to use it - anyone can use it.

We need more people in the chat, is there a way to make it more appealing than the same 8 people? ;)

Pinkster,
didn't realise that AIM and AOL users could get into a chatroom which supports both programs. Maybe I did go into one, but can't really remember if it was AOL supported or just AIM.
mIRC is the easiest program to use -- and I believe it's an easy program for those newbies to computers and stuff. ;)

Back