Should we stay or should we go?

• As long it takes, we stay

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Get hell out of Iraq

Votes: 45 67.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't matter. The only difference is the formality of it.

One can send military troops in without a 'declaration of war'. The other is sending troops in with a 'declaration of war'.

Yup, I was recalled about my history class, the president has powers to control the soldiers, congress is other story because of work on bill then let president to sign in or veto it.

Byrdie714 is technically correct that there was no declaration of war.

Let's say that a president disapproved it. The bill sends back to the Congress, and they have to revise it. Then, it sends back again to the president. If no luck, then I am not sure - a 2/3 vote of Congress can be overridden without the president's signature. Is that correct?

It takes two-thirds majority of both the House and the Senate override the President's veto. The US Constitution says so.

I wish that US and other countries would invade Iran instead of Iraq because of long history about happened in 1979 and too much abuse on human rights, that need to be fixed and restore this country (Iran) to pre-1979, also there's other suggest about Sudan, I just found about Sudan is bad as Iran does.

Iraq war seems totally endless to me now but they are really needed focus on Bin Laden's issue, that found in Pakistan or Afghanistan and been for 7 years without caught Bin Laden, he must hide so difficultly.

Pacman-

Iran has gotten nuclear bombs, so it may lead to a nuclear war. So, you want the US and other Western countries to invade Iran? I think US is not in the position to invade Iran right now.

Well not if we cooperate with each other, not being so selfish and disrespectfuly. For example, the relationship between US and UK, they was used to be hateful each other in the past, but now they are in pretty good relationship and never war with each other since. Other example, Germany. In the history, many of countries hate Germany big time, but today Germany have many countries that Germany have pretty good relationship with and doesn't war since.

You got it wrong... The wars cause much of global warming by causing pollution from bombing, shooting, many kinds of vechiles, planes, ships, destroying the lands, nuclear bomb, many things could rise the global warming.

Also don't you know that there are more people who died don't get involved with the wars than those who died from the wars.

Well, I used to be anti-war but switch to neutral after found alot of history, also depends on kind of wars.

I don't support Iraq war but more neutral on Afghanistan war because of WTC and Al-Qaeda, if we want end the war in Afghan then that means we are give up for Bin Laden then he would win and make create more terrorist against USA, can be crash on US Bank Tower in LA or Sears Tower in Chicago, if we never know about happen in future. I just want keep war in Afghan until Bin Laden has caught and destroy the Al-Qaeda

Pacman-

Iran has gotten nuclear bombs, so it may lead to a nuclear war. So, you want the US and other Western countries to invade Iran? I think US is not in the position to invade Iran right now.

Yup, it's too late now but it was my wishes.

I don't know about Iran has nuclear war, would be nuke on Iran?

Iran claims they have not doing anything about it since 2003. Hmm.. Would I nuke Iran? What if Iran nukes first? Would it be too late? Let's send the spies there. I hate rhetoric.

As for Sudan, Human Rights claims that China has been sending the arms to Sudan for oil. UN didn't do anything to prevent China from sending the arms to Sudanese President in Darfur to fuel more violence and more death. Of course, China denies it. So, wanna tell China to quit sending the arms to Sudan?

I understand that we have wars to fight for our country. But war is also stupid. A man name Hermann Hesse once said, " "The greatest threat to our world and its peace comes from those who want war, who prepare for it, and who, by holding out vague promises of future peace or by instilling fear of foreign aggression, try to make us accomplices to their plans."

War still stupid with so much killing. I hate to see women and children getting killed in the cross fire too, so killing each other is not gonna make things better. Do you remember what Dwight D. Eisenhower once said in history? He said, " "When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war. War settles nothing." So I agree with that.

You can't have peace without war, you can't have war without peace.

I wish that US and other countries would invade Iran instead of Iraq because of long history about happened in 1979 and too much abuse on human rights, that need to be fixed and restore this country (Iran) to pre-1979, also there's other suggest about Sudan, I just found about Sudan is bad as Iran does.

Iraq war seems totally endless to me now but they are really needed focus on Bin Laden's issue, that found in Pakistan or Afghanistan and been for 7 years without caught Bin Laden, he must hide so difficultly.

I wouldn't go that far.....

Afterall, how do we know that our military isn't establishing bases in Iraq to get ready to invade Iran?

I wouldn't go that far.....

Afterall, how do we know that our military isn't establishing bases in Iraq to get ready to invade Iran?

You don't understand what I said.

I means that I just rather for USA to invade Iran over Iraq, if it went back to 2003 but too late, we are struck with Iraq now.

Well, I used to be anti-war but switch to neutral after found alot of history, also depends on kind of wars.

I don't support Iraq war but more neutral on Afghanistan war because of WTC and Al-Qaeda, if we want end the war in Afghan then that means we are give up for Bin Laden then he would win and make create more terrorist against USA, can be crash on US Bank Tower in LA or Sears Tower in Chicago, if we never know about happen in future. I just want keep war in Afghan until Bin Laden has caught and destroy the Al-Qaeda

Actually I am not 100 percent anti-war (that's why I agree with Liebling about only support war for defense), but I do support war for defense or revenge like the WTC attack you mentioned to. I would never never support war to just invading other countries and controlling other countries, we should just leave them alone and ignore them, as well as do other countries.

It's a war if we must do unless a foreign military invade our country. Like Japan that attacked in Hawaii. The World War I was firsthand that helped our allies to invade Germany because it was a massive war. But, World Trade Towers, unfortunately, is completely different because it was a small group of terrorists.

In the future, foreign oil companies will run out of oil in 25 years or 50 years especially Saudi Arabia. We need to start independent energies any possible that work with like windpowers, hydro dams, solar panels, many new design of energy.

I understand that the news wanted us to think that we should attack Iran. What about Saudi Arabia? What about Turkey that won't let our soldiers to find Bin Laden? Did we lose the war in Afghanistan? Probably, yes because George said that he needs more troops there. He didn't say how many bodies were killed there. I guess that he covered it up so we have no way to know about it.

It's a war if we must do unless a foreign military invade our country. Like Japan that attacked in Hawaii. The World War I was firsthand that helped our allies to invade Germany because it was a massive war. But, World Trade Towers, unfortunately, is completely different because it was a small group of terrorists.

In the future, foreign oil companies will run out of oil in 25 years or 50 years especially Saudi Arabia. We need to start independent energies any possible that work with like windpowers, hydro dams, solar panels, many new design of energy.

I understand that the news wanted us to think that we should attack Iran. What about Saudi Arabia? What about Turkey that won't let our soldiers to find Bin Laden? Did we lose the war in Afghanistan? Probably, yes because George said that he needs more troops there. He didn't say how many bodies were killed there. I guess that he covered it up so we have no way to know about it.

I agree..we need to stop being so dependent on oil. Need to find alternative energy sources.

I agree..we need to stop being so dependent on oil. Need to find alternative energy sources.

Yep, I agree with that,, there have to be another way, But I don't think it just oil they are fighting over, so it also they fighting against terrorism will never stop. I know the middle eastern people will never change. They spilled so much bloods for thousand of years and they still doing it. It sad you know.

John F. Kennedy once said: " "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.... War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

John F. Kennedy once said: " "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.... War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

That is interesting...

I don't think that Bin Laden is hide in Turkey, that's make to hard believe if it does, plus I don't want attack with Turkey because Turkey seems too neutral to USA.

Turkey has better life than in Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan and Afghan.

I don't think that Bin Laden is hide in Turkey, that's make to hard believe if it does, plus I don't want attack with Turkey because Turkey seems too neutral to USA.

Turkey has better life than in Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan and Afghan.

Turkey has many very strange laws. If you pick up an Apple without paying by mistake, an owner has a long knife to cut your hand off LEGALLY without almost no warning. I'm not joking. Government does not have the ability to understand the difference between right and wrong. They have very poor common senses.

Nobody knows where Bin Laden is for sure, for all we know, he's dead. The USA government thinks he is in Pakistan near the border. I don't know where the idea came from that he is in Turkey.

Iran claims they have not doing anything about it since 2003. Hmm.. Would I nuke Iran? What if Iran nukes first? Would it be too late? Let's send the spies there. I hate rhetoric.

As for Sudan, Human Rights claims that China has been sending the arms to Sudan for oil. UN didn't do anything to prevent China from sending the arms to Sudanese President in Darfur to fuel more violence and more death. Of course, China denies it. So, wanna tell China to quit sending the arms to Sudan?

Problem with China is that China sits on the Security council of the U.N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back