iPod?

chickeradoo

Reaction score
Just wondering... does iPod Video have subtitles so we can watch movies on it?

no.

Why don't you sent letter to Apple Computer about it? I already did.

I had a complaint about no closed captions on demo at the Apple store for years. Steve Jobs does not give a damn about deaf people. (I don't know if that is true.) I love Apple than IBM PC. Bill Gate provided closed captions on the demo, but not anymore - I don't remember what happened. The demo used to introduce people how to use the software (variety of software - video, movie, etc.).

Last fall, I was so surprised to see one interpreter at Apple store (Farmington Mall in CT). I was kinda of rather to read captions on the video demo at the store. I don't know if the interpreter still works there, and I live pretty far away.

It would be nice to have one on iPod. I am not sure if we could see tiny captions on the screen. Maybe, it might be worth it.

I would point out that the Apple DVD software has better support for captioned DVDs than any software - Mac, PC, or Linux - I have ever seen. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever seen any software DVD player that supports captions; the reaction tends to be, "eh, it does subtitles. Good enough."

In fact, Jobs himself is HOH, and there's some speculation that that is the reason the iPod is able to deliver more volume than most music players. So to say that he "doesn't give a damn about deaf people" is a bit over the top, I think.

There are technical hurdles to putting captions on a screen as small as a video iPod; hopefully they're looking at solutions, but I think it's understandable that it's not present in the 1G incarnation.

If the video has subtitles, it should show up on the Video iPod.

VamPyroX said:
If the video has subtitles, it should show up on the Video iPod.

That would be nice, yes, but how low-res are the video iPods?

ismi said:
That would be nice, yes, but how low-res are the video iPods?
Don't you mean "how high-res are the video iPods?"

If you were asking about "low-res", you would be asking how crappy the resolution would get. ;)

Anyway, I don't really know. Why don't you check on the Apple website?

keep in mind, there is no law require to put cc or subtitle on iPod, DVD, iTVio. Only required been on TV and tape (VHS). :-/

EDGE said:
keep in mind, there is no law require to put cc or subtitle on iPod, DVD, iTVio. Only required been on TV and tape (VHS). :-/

I recalled, CC is required if any display that's at least 13" wide.

That right but I believe its should be no matter unless if they offer us a glass caption? or have headlight screen from ipod on the wall or wherever you are sitting? its pretty lame to say.

Back