IPHONE vs SAMSUNG

Like I said, to each it's own. There's no need for the attitude here.. please tone it down. Thanks.

I agree, but they should not say "shut up", "silly", "stupid", "jealous?", and such.. I'm trying to explain things and teach everyone about Samsung, but they behave like they get offended and defend themselves by harrassing me.. why are you not saying this to Highlander for example?

I see a few B word you said in this thread... and this is not needed here either. Everyone has their choices... it goes to everyone's preference and budgets. If they buy Samsung.. great! if they buy Apple.. great!

This is a discussion, not competition.

I agree, but they should not say "shut up", "silly", "stupid", "jealous?", and such.. I'm trying to explain things and teach everyone about Samsung, but they behave like they get offended and defend themselves by harrassing me.. why are you not saying this to Highlander for example?

Okay, to sum it up:

Note 4 910F is a way better than iPhone 6 Plus - hardware and price wise, Android OS has more options, it's bigger, it has more "freedom" and open source than the iOS, it supports and encourages programmers to code new apps, there are two stores with over a million apps. Most people who say iPhone is better are people who moved from Galaxy S3 or below (which was too weak to keep Android OS stable), or people who have never tried Android - they think Android can't do what iPhone can do. has a strong CPU (2.7GHz 4 cores) and 3GB RAM which is perfect for heavy users. Snapdragon CPU is awesome. It has fast charging option, has better camera (can record 4K aswell), Note 4 910F surprised me with its quality compared to the other Samsung devices made of Plastic, Note 4 is made of metal and leather. S-Pen is really awesome too, the OS is very smooth and fast. Has many gadgets like Digital Compass, Fingerprint Scanner, Heart Rate Monitor, Thermometer, Accelerometer, Gesture Control, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Barometer, UV, S-Pen, you can store up to 192GB (64GB+128GB MicroSD), it's 64bit!

iPhone 6 Plus is better for people who just need a simple and fast Unix based OS for messaging and calls (even though Android is pretty simple), and of course it has no better hardware or price, there is no point to argue over that - you can look and compare specs, it's a fact. iPhone isn't good for heavy usage because its CPU is pretty weak. (1.4GHz 2 cores), the camera is bad, but Apple really did a good job programming the camera so it could still perform in a decent way.
The only decent / quality part in the iPhone is the video card, but it isn't better than the other phone's video cards in market. (like LG, Samsung, Nexus and such). I like the "effects" of the OS aswell, the iOS is just convenient and simple.
Up to 128GB, but the 128GB version is pretty expensive. 64GB is enough. 32bit

Look at this, you will get my point why I hate Apple:

Apple iMac
http://www.apple.com/imac-with-retina/specs/
Intel Core i5 processor 3.5GHz quad-core
8GB RAM
1TB hard disk
290X video card 2GB
costs: 2499$
Real cost for same specs: 768$ HERE and this one is even better with 4GB video card.

Apple sells CHEAP parts for 5 times the price here! do you get my point?!

For 300$ less I could get:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertr...-red/2611152.p?id=1219074794291&skuId=2611152
4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4770K processor (You could overclock it to 5GHz)
32GB SDRAM
2TB Hard Disk
GTX 780 3GB video card
LIQUID COOLING
120GB SSD
costs: 2,249$

LOL, Samsung has all that.
Google wallet, it has video call too, it has biometric too, you don't even know what Android has, but Android has MUCH more apps and options than iOS. Android is pretty much OPEN SOURCE almost.

it has two stores with over 1 million apps.
https://play.google.com/store
http://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/mobile/

There's a reason why Android is so heavy.

Don't be so sure.

And Apple Pays are very popular than Google Wallet for anywhere store. You missed my point, For facetime that's all you have to use text, MMS, and FT on SINGLE text number. That's it. Also Facetime is very smooth and very clear than Google's hangout which perfect for ASL.

Stop google everything and post here that you acts like know everything as biometric, video calls, etc. I already tried Samsung's biometric and I hate it so much, that's all you have to move your finger to down. For iPhone 6 plus? Don't needs to move down, just press and done.

Don't made me laugh about PC. I built a first computer when I was 14 years old for gamers, Hell, Mostly of members from here who built a PC computer before and they own Apple. Because we know what we do.

Like you bought a computer for $2k, One year later, it cost around $1k. You lost a lot profit. For Mac, It's much slow to drop the price value than PC.

Again, PC is not for EVERYONE because of gamers and no one care. that's all they care about battery, security,LONG life, etc. Too many of my friends/customers have problem with their Windows as virus, glitch, spyware malware, etc but for OSX? It's RARE!!!! You are just teenage and no point to argue with adults like us.

Because I never insulted Android user. That's simple. You just worry too much over the expensive thing. Just simple like between cheap GM/Ford and expensive BMW/Audi. It's everyone's choose.

You don't even know that Android has so many apps, not "certain" like you talk about Facetime or "Google hangouts", iOS is a jail for simplicity, and Android is freedom with so many apps for everything you need or imagine. there are more Android devices than iOS, much more companies use Android OS but only one uses iOS.

Alternatives for Facetime on android:
Tango
Glide
Google Hangouts
Fring
ooVoo,
Viber
Zoom.us
Rounds
imo
LINE
Agent
Camfrog
JusTalk
Paltalk
myChat
Vine
Video Kik

and more...
I think your knowledge is based on Galaxy S2/S3 maybe, but android have always been really good, and the new phones are much, much better.
time to refresh and learn more about the topic.
Soon I will have the Lollipop 5.0 version and it's going to be really good.

Android is not always freedom... you can get malware, spyware and compromised personal info in the system just like PC. IOS is more secure and stronger system like Apple Mac.

I believe IOS can still use:
Glide,
Sorenson
ooVoo
and more to list those iOS users can list if they want to.

You don't even know that Android has so many apps, not "certain" like you talk about Facetime or "Google hangouts", iOS is a jail for simplicity, and Android is freedom with so many apps for everything you need or imagine. there are more Android devices than iOS, much more companies use Android OS but only one uses iOS.

Alternatives for Facetime on android:
Tango
Glide
Google Hangouts
Fring
ooVoo,
Viber
Zoom.us
Rounds
imo
LINE
Agent
Camfrog
JusTalk
Paltalk
myChat
Vine
Video Kik

and more...
I think your knowledge is based on Galaxy S2/S3 maybe, but android have always been really good, and the new phones are much, much better.
time to refresh and learn more about the topic.

So you have Tango,Glide,Google Hangouts,Skype,,ZOOM Cloud Meetings,Fring,ooVoo,viber,Zoom.us,Rounds,,imo,,LINE,Agent,Camfrog,JusTalk,,Paltalk,myChat, Vine, and Video Kik on your mobile? Soo many for that. :roll: I prefer simple and easy for everyone called me on single app. Why bother to open and looking for right app from 20 apps?

I already tried mostly of them before and they sucks. Thank you so much.

only one uses iOS.

Dude! You got Android brainwash! In fact, iOS already have them. Silly man.

Yeah, I only have Sorenson and Glide I use when I need a video call/text. I don't need many wasteful apps that I barely use.

So you have Tango,Glide,Google Hangouts,Skype,,ZOOM Cloud Meetings,Fring,ooVoo,viber,Zoom.us,Rounds,,imo,,LINE,Agent,Camfrog,JusTalk,,Paltalk,myChat, Vine, and Video Kik on your mobile? Soo many for that. :roll: I prefer simple and easy for everyone called me on single app. Why bother to open and looking for right app from 20 apps?

I already tried mostly of them before and they sucks. Thank you so much.

Android is not always freedom... you can get malware, spyware and compromised personal info in the system just like PC. IOS is more secure and stronger system like Apple Mac.

I believe IOS can still use:
Glide,
Sorenson
ooVoo
and more to list those iOS users can list if they want to.

That's because iOS is Unix-based, if you root it you could get a virus, as your apps would have permission to perform changes and such.

in Android you're still not rooted so you cannot "damage" anything. you download your apps from Google Play and Samsung apps, all the apps are monitored and checked before added, so there's no chance to get a virus. You would only get a virus if you download APK from an untrusted site.
Also, you can use antivirus if you're really going to install apk's you download over the internet.

By the way,
http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2014/11/wirelurker-new-era-os-x-ios-malware/

Which is why people choose Apple Mac or iOS. I'm a Mac user and am very happy with it.

Those who "root" their phones are on their own risk and they need to know what they are doing when it comes to root. I have a couple friends who rooted their phone and they're doing fine, they know the systems. I stayed with stock for now. I never have issues with Android so far.

No machines (phone or computers) are perfect, there is always flaws and risks involved when you download or alter something in the system.

That's because iOS is Unix-based, if you root it you could get a virus, as your apps would have permission to perform changes and such.

in Android you're still not rooted so you cannot "damage" anything. you download your apps from Google Play and Samsung apps, all the apps are monitored and checked before added, so there's no chance to get a virus. You would only get a virus if you download APK from an untrusted site.
Also, you can use antivirus if you're really going to install apk's you download over the internet.

By the way,
http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2014/11/wirelurker-new-era-os-x-ios-malware/

Silly man.
Yes, say that to all the mobile companies that use Android:
Nexus (Google!), HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony Xperia, ZTE, Huawei, Amazon, Acer, Dell supports, Asus supports, Lenovo supports and more small companies.
They all use Android, and they have MUCH more users than iOS..

Which is why people choose Apple Mac or iOS. I'm a Mac user and am very happy with it.

Those who "root" their phones are on their own risk and they need to know what they are doing when it comes to root. I have a couple friends who rooted their phone and they're doing fine, they know the systems. I stayed with stock for now. I never have issues with Android so far.

No machines (phone or computers) are perfect, there is always flaws and risks involved when you download or alter something in the system.

I'm happy to hear.
It's about the same story with Android, if you don't root it then no apps would be able to do anything to the system.
I have the Note 4 910F and I've never rooted it, never had a reason to, it's enough "open" for me.

Bad news about the Mac is that it doesn't run heavy games so well, specific games won't run at all, and no support for a lot of programs like in Windows..
I still don't get the idea of paying 2500$ when you can get the same hardware for 700$ in Windows / Linux / Unix.. I could install Linux or Unix and it would be totally virus-free like Mac, and I could just install Windows and a decent anti virus..

Ok, tomer, we get it. You're not an Apple fan. There's still no need to bash it for those who are. Go play with your preferred products and let it be.

Yes, say that to all the mobile companies that use Android:
Nexus (Google!), HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony Xperia, ZTE, Huawei, Amazon, Acer, Dell supports, Asus supports, Lenovo supports and more small companies.
They all use Android, and they have MUCH more users than iOS..

I'm happy to hear.
It's about the same story with Android, if you don't root it then no apps would be able to do anything to the system.
I have the Note 4 910F and I've never rooted it, never had a reason to, it's enough "open" for me.

Bad news about the Mac is that it doesn't run heavy games so well, specific games won't run at all, and no support for a lot of programs like in Windows..
I still don't get the idea of paying 2500$ when you can get the same hardware for 700$ in Windows / Linux / Unix.. I could install Linux or Unix and it would be totally virus-free like Mac, and I could just install Windows and a decent anti virus..

The length of time you get to use your computer is such an individual thing.

I hope I am not speaking too soon as I am still using the Lenovo laptop that I bought in March of 2007. All the hardware changes I have made are to switch hard disks because I wanted a larger one and just within the last month got a new battery because the original one no longer held a charge.

I am still using XP Pro because some of the things that I wanted to continue to use back then (like scanner & printer) did not yet have drivers for anything later. I have changed printers but an still using that scanner and some other things.

Software wise I am not a gamer but do have a limitation because I have NEVER liked Micro$oft Word and prefer WordPerfect's office suite which is not available for Mac.

I also have a low end Android cell phone. That is used mainly as a "peace of mind phone" to know that I can call if I need or want to. I do make captioned calls on it every now and then just because I want to. Maybe once a month or so I will look at a forum on the phone. Being retired 99.9% of my surfing, email etc. is done from home on the computer.

Re the facetime alternative...

I know that iOS has the KiK app but don't know if it can handle the video kik (I didn't even know that-- I only have the text version on my iPad)

(Gasp.. why yes.. I have an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy s5. It is as Calvin said.. to each their own. I like both- both have their pros and cons. What does it matter- they both get the job done whatever you want it to do.

I use a PC- the current one I have is still in excellent shape. The only problem I had was a failed hard drive- and that was because I did not realize that a 1 TB drive is not exactly a great choice (in 2 years I barely scratched the surface of storage). It's now been nearly 5 years (July 2010) and it's still going strong. On the other hand my father has a Mac- got it about the same time I got my PC. He hasn't had any hardware issues that I know of but he definitely has had major issues with installation and use of upgraded OSes. He hated Maverick and right now won't touch Yosemite (between my googling and search and my brother's comments he decided not to). Yes he had PCs before this- for the most part they were ok (they must be he still has 'em all) but for HIM Windows was just getting too frustrating and annoying plus the last guy who sold him a refurbished computer pretty much lied to him about a few things.

Oh as for the popularity of the Apple Pay... pfft-- I just saw an article in the paper saying that there is a rise in fraudulent transactions with Apple Pay- it isn't as security proof as people think it is. I don't go near either one of those- Apple Pay or Google Wallet.

interesting to know that phone discussion is no longer and become computer discussion now. :D

I dont mind at all!

DONT LOCK MY THREAD ASK ME FIRST~~~ THANK YOU

The best service is Apple. Why? You simple walk in Apple Store to ask anything about your iPhone. Where can you go for Samsung? Ask wizard... where?

The best service is Apple. Why? You simple walk in Apple Store to ask anything about your iPhone. Where can you go for Samsung? Ask wizard... where?

Samsung have stores around the world too..
Use a store locator on Samsung's site to find out where you have one, there are more Samsung stores than Apple stores..

Also, Android does have Kik. I didn't mention Apps that don't have video call. if I mentioned them, there are more than 100 of them..

Samsung have stores around the world too..
Use a store locator on Samsung's site to find out where you have one, there are more Samsung stores than Apple stores..

Also, Android does have Kik. I didn't mention Apps that don't have video call. if I mentioned them, there are more than 100 of them..

I googled... I don't see Samsung Stores in DFW metro while there are 4 Apple Stores. :hmm: Most what I seen Samsung are repair.

Back