Iowa Flood

Laura.Ham

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Maybe you have not heard about the flood in Iowa, but it is very bad here. I am Laura's sister, who works for the relay company downtown called URrelay (Welcome to URrelay) our entire building is underwater. So if you are trying to use the service, please be patient withus because we had to move to a college and sometimes we have no power. Our managers have been working since yesterday to get the system back online but it's very difficult with the water everywhere and things.

We had to evacuate the building yesterday before the water got too high, and by this morning things are pretty much gone now. Our bosses are looking for a more permanent place for us to be..but there is a lot of work to be done. I do believe our company works with Hawkrelay, FreeVRSrelay and more so I'm not sure if those companies are still routing to our servers or not. I do think our VRS is down also and they're having trouble getting that back up. Right now I think the service is still down. It was up for a little while last night and a little bit today...

As far as I know no one has died. The water was at 7ft at noon today and it is rising fast. It's stormed twice now and I don't think that is helping either.

One of our bridgest collapsed and train cars fell into the river and are now blocking it from leaving so it is backing up even more into downtown. This is just in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. There are more cities that are experiencing flooding, and there is also Parkersburg where the tornado was, and also the tornado that killed those boy scouts.

So please keep Iowa in your prayers. For more information you can check our local news website KCRG-TV9 Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Flood Watch

Thanks for your time

i heard about it too,

also in lake delton, wi ( near wisconsin dells) few days ago, it washed away 3 houses. really sad. :(

My husband's family and children lives there, they said it is the worst flood to ever hit Iowa and whole downtown is flooded and most the rest of the town is underwater. They have been keeping us informed on what happening down there. so sad ...

The part of Iowa Ive been to is completely underwater. EEK!

cimg4071wg8.jpg

Got picture from my coworker who drove at Cedar River and it covering Highway 30.

Today they say the worst is over and mostly now recovery. Driving on I-80 yesterday, it was water on both sides of the interstate, pretty much as far as I could see, with treetops sticking up out of the water.

is I-80 north-south from MO into southeastern Iowa from St. Louis? I have been as far into Iowa as Muscatine and Davenport which is right on the Illinois border. I am trying to remember the name of the route we took from St. Louis into Iowa. Either way the area is pretty low lying so I assume the area I was in is completely underwater save for a couple of hills and some tree tops.

I am sure you are right. Most things are now. They say it is in the billions of dollars for damage.

Also University of Iowa in Iowa City has 16 (I think) buildings underwater.

Back