Interpret my Audiogram

Anij....thanks for that...that is what I was looking for...

So medically I would be basically deaf in the left and severely HOH/approaching deaf in the right...certainly at the higher frequencies

But functionally I am HOH as I speak perfectly, use texting and email to communicate more as I cant use the phone but in person I can hold my own using lipreading most of the time. I have yet to even attempt ASL....

Anij....thanks for that...that is what I was looking for...

So medically I would be basically deaf in the left and severely HOH/approaching deaf in the right...certainly at the higher frequencies

But functionally I am HOH as I speak perfectly, use texting and email to communicate more as I cant use the phone but in person I can hold my own using lipreading most of the time. I have yet to even attempt ASL....

Using your comment here I would be considered hoh, but I consider myself deaf. Maybe because I am total deaf, but I still speak, email, text, lipread and use the phone (captioned phone).

I identify as d/Deaf because my loss is primarily below the speech 'banana'. I have 'mild-moderate' loss in the lower hertz 250-500 but it is mostly irritating noise. In NSW severe hearing loss begins at 60. I average on my audiogram as high 60s-80s bi-lateral. I have good speech but not without effort. I am learning sign-language now too (Auslan and some ASL)

Back