Insurance And Hearing Aids

I have heard that United Health Care still does cover hearing aids but I think it depends on what the company you work for chooses in their plans. Not all plans are the same. I don't think my current UHC coverage will pay for hearing aids.

I am pissed that BC/BS does not payout for HA. 30 yrs of paying prems. But ya'all are right, it depends on the plan.

I have not seen anything about an organized drive to get them to be a standard part of durable medical device coverage. Has there been any?

I have not seen anything about an organized drive to get them to be a standard part of durable medical device coverage. Has there been any?
Yes, there has been. Check HLAA's website, I'm sure you'll find info there.

Sorry you had a bad week. Missed your presence, here on AD. You are at least lucky that your ins will pay for H/A. I have BC/BS and will not pay for H/A but, will cover CI. *sighs* They say that the hearing aids is just a "band aid" and not a "fix". F-them.

Capps I just went through that. I also have BCBS and was told they cover HA for 15 years old or younger. My youngest is 16 first of all and the HA are for me so I had to scramble to try and get money together in order to have my doctor order the HA for me

So a week ago I fell ill from an unknown bug, didn't have time to go to the doctors, and had some ear pains. Also unknown if it was an infection or not. The pain randomly stopped after 2 days but my earing didn't get better like it normally does. So I went to my audie to get my earing aids turned up so I can hearing again. They maxed out my hearing aids and said I will need new one. Mine are 4 1/2 years old but my insurance said they need to be 5 years old to replace 1. I have to wait a half a year to get stronger hearing aids. :(
Anyways update on hearing test, I have moved from moderate/severe to bottom of severe top profound in the 90-100 dB HL range.
So a week ago I fell ill from an unknown bug, didn't have time to go to the doctors, and had some ear pains. Also unknown if it was an infection or not. The pain randomly stopped after 2 days but my earing didn't get better like it normally does. So I went to my audie to get my earing aids turned up so I can hearing again. They maxed out my hearing aids and said I will need new one. Mine are 4 1/2 years old but my insurance said they need to be 5 years old to replace 1. I have to wait a half a year to get stronger hearing aids. :(
Anyways update on hearing test, I have moved from moderate/severe to bottom of severe top profound in the 90-100 dB HL range.

a few things here. If you are employed the Vocational Rehabilitation Department may help you to get new hearing aids. The other choice is the Lion's Club. Also there is a website for help for low income people Audient. http://www.audientalliance.org/

On a side note -- sometimes chiropractic will help with these sort of problems because the bod may be out of whack and they make adjustments.; but please note that is a sometimes thing -- not guaranteed. I do love my chiropractors because they help me in so many ways.

Capps I just went through that. I also have BCBS and was told they cover HA for 15 years old or younger. My youngest is 16 first of all and the HA are for me so I had to scramble to try and get money together in order to have my doctor order the HA for me
You may benefit by seeking out the Vocational Rehabilitation center in your area if you are employed, or the locale Lions, or through http://www.audientalliance.org/

Back