InfernoRaven: Hello There!

InfernoRaven

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am InfernoRaven, I am 21 years old from Tampa, Florida and I am HoH. I have Meiniere's Disease but fortunately my vertigo is somewhat well controlled I only get minor dizzy spells instead of full blown drop attacks. As for my job I am a Delivery Driver for Papa Johns Pizza (After I unfortunately had to quit my 2nd Job Lifeguarding Last Year) Not being able to hear people drowning or whistle blasts I guess is No Bueno. As for my education I go to Hillsborough Community College for the moment and I am learning ASL (I am suprisingly good and understanding signs after seeing them only a few times, my issue comes with speed fingerspelling and grammatical errors in my sentence structure)

such as YOU (or YOUR) NAME WHAT? etc. It is tricky because I think in English and I so desperately want to add a "to" or a "is" "and" "also" etc. It is mostly getting out of that habit of using connectors instead working on flowing my signs together better or whatnot.

I am 23 and I also have Meniere's although I do have full blown drop attacks. I am glad to hear you are doing reasonably well with ASL. I plan to start learning in the fall.

:wave:Welcome to alldeaf.

Yeah I got them regularly but it appears the gentamicin injections helped stopped them coupled with motion sickness pills I rarely have anything more than a dizzy spell every so often of course nothing lasts for ever I could go back to having drop attacks at a moments notice. However my doctor says if this fails they would consider Labyrinthectomy the best course of treatment for me. After All I have blown through steroid injections and other medications with no luck.

:wave:....Have Vertigo time to time myself...a few days ago, had an attack at the Dollar Tree....luckily, it passed after a minute or so. So I've begun to carry a cane with me most times.

It really does suck when you can't trust your own body to keep you steady. Luckily for me I spend only a few minutes at a time on my feet between grabbing pizza's and delivering them to the door. School and Relaxing at home are mainly done off my feet. The only dangerous thing I do is lift weights I am constantly worried one of these days I will get a vertigo attack when I am bench pressing weights and drop it on my neck.

Yah, I have had everything from steroids, gentamicin, a Meniette device, inner ear skin grafts, and all kinds of stuff. Nothing even takes the edge off. I haven't had a Labyrinthectomy though. Perhaps because I am bilateral they don't want to do it yet because they would have to do both ears. Can't hurt my hearing anymore, so there is less risk than the average person.

I hear you on the not trusting your body though. I often get scared to drive to far from home for fear of not being able to get back. My episodes are usually 4-16 hours long, which is definitely more than average, and makes things SUPER rough. I get kind of sick of everyone thinking I am drunk all the time. Even when I am not going through an attack my balance is crap, and I am always stumbling around everywhere.

:wave:....Have Vertigo time to time myself...a few days ago, had an attack at the Dollar Tree....luckily, it passed after a minute or so. So I've begun to carry a cane with me most times.

it awful,i get wary of going out the fear of falling becoming worse than falling

Yeah I get Gent Injections and they work most of the time, I did find a clinic that still does Streptomycin injections near me so I am considering trying that to see if it is better than the Gent injections. I can manage to drive just fine for now, heck my job requires me to do so my average Vertigo attacks lasts between 20 minutes to 60 minutes. I only had severe duration when I get sick and my sinuses get blocked up or I swim (The injections have turned my ear drum into swiss cheese) so water gets into my ears not enough to trigger an attack in the shower but swimming fully submersed in a whole different story, which is extremely depressing since I was a high school swimmer and lifeguard I live in Florida and swimming is a favorite of mine.

If my hearing gets worse right now I am about 80db loss normal after an attack I am fully deaf for hours I will probably opt for the Labyrinthectomy or Nerve Severing

Back