In your dreams

BelleSorrisa

Reaction score
When you're dreaming, do you use sign language or do you use your voice?

I do both. If I'm with deaf people (friends, etc) - I'll use sign language, but if I'm talking to hearing people, I use my voice. If there are both deaf and hearing people around, I think I sign and talk at the same time but I'm pretty much I use sign language and the hearing folks understand me haha.

I'm curious what language you dream in.

Both, most of the time I dream of being hearing, and I dunno why...

Hmmm, that's funny....sweetheart saw me signing in my sleep this morning. I asked her what did I say? She said she didn't understand me at all. I don't remember what I dreamed of. :dunno:

Even tho, my mom saw and heard me talk in my sleep long time ago. I said "going at one hundred and fifteen miles per hour". I must be driving at high speed for some reason.

Both, most of the time I dream of being hearing, and I dunno why...

If, you are hearin' - are you tryin' to straighten the world's probems out, if you see more and more problems are growin' ?

Eh, I think I dont really remember myself signing or see anyone else signing very often. Mostly it's just either subtitles (words pop in your head) and/or sort of like telepathy. It's like I already know what they are saying. It's hard to describe since it's sort of like out of our 5 senses.

I think in my most darkest dreams I think I would only sign out of desperate. Again, signing is pretty rare in my dreams.

Yes, sign language is my method of communication and so is writing.

But to be honest, I think with any form of communcation, it would always come with telepathic so that I always seemed to understand what they are saying. I think everyone in my dream is hearing, even if they are not in real life.

I hear a voice that's mine and my lips are usually moving, but the sound isn't actually coming from me, if that makes any sense.

i always dream that im hearing, i never sign in my dream but my mom and bf told me they saw me signing in my sleep few time, weird maybe i sign in my sleep but inside in the dream i speak? i dont know lol

I always become a hearie in my dreams.. I've never been a hoh in my dreams.. I don't even know of hearing aids in my dreams :laugh2:

my mom and bf told me they saw me signing in my sleep few time, weird maybe i sign in my sleep but inside in the dream i speak? i dont know lol

Sleep signing? That's really weird and cool. I've never heard of anything like that before.

voice..... unless i'm dreaming of myself being around other deaf people.

I am hearing, so most of the time I use my voice. Recently I have been dreaming much more in sign. I think that is because I now sign everyday at work (I am a Teacher Assistant for an ASL instructor)

Last edited:
I always become a hearie in my dreams.. I've never been a hoh in my dreams.. I don't even know of hearing aids in my dreams :laugh2:

Yeah, same here too. I seem to be preoccupied with other issues in my dreams other than my hearing status. I don't recall ever seeing a HA or CI in my dreams.

I use sign in my dreams. Most of times that I dont speak in my dream. werid

I think that I talk and hear in my dreams, and also communicate through the mind, telepathy I guess one would call it. I often speak with animals, angles, guides and such, yup, my dreams are pretty wild!

Loving this thread!

I usually voice in my dreams as if I were hearing. Every once in a while I find myself awakening and realizing that I had been signing or gesturing in my dream. I also scream during R.E.M. but most of the time I don't awake because I can't hear myself without hearing aids during sleep, duh. (Whenever I accidentally fall asleep with my hearing aids on, I'd either smile or laugh at myself upon awakening in confusion.)

I think that I talk and hear in my dreams, and also communicate through the mind, telepathy I guess one would call it. I often speak with animals, angles, guides and such, yup, my dreams are pretty wild!

Wild? Do you mean super wild? :lol:

Back