Implanted today!!

Fozzy

Reaction score
Well it's done, got the implants today. It's been 12 hours since I woke from surgery and finally broke down and took pain medicine. Hardest part today was getting my mouth open to eat, got past that now waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can get some sleep.
4 weeks to activation!!

Well it's done, got the implants today. It's been 12 hours since I woke from surgery and finally broke down and took pain medicine. Hardest part today was getting my mouth open to eat, got past that now waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can get some sleep.
4 weeks to activation!!

Plural? Bilateral?

Congratulations and good luck healing.

Just the left ear since my right ear is still good with a HA. My speech therapist suggested one ear at a time since the right ear is doing okay with HA. Her experience has been that having one ear that can hear whether it's aided or not speeds up speech comprehension for new Impalnt patients.

That's very cool! I bet you'll be excited on activation day :)

Cochlea America Nucleus Freedom.
I got the silver model to go with my gray hair or as my kids put it raccoon hair. LOL

Cochlea America Nucleus Freedom.
I got the silver model to go with my gray hair or as my kids put it raccoon hair. LOL

From your glasses picture, you look like you might have tried a wilder color. :hmm:

LOL the picture is photo shopped. A friend of mine superimposed my face over a Ozzy Osbourne picture and tinted the glasses.
I actually have short hair, have to stay conservative for the job.

LOL the picture is photo shopped. A friend of mine superimposed my face over a Ozzy Osbourne picture and tinted the glasses.

Oh, man. I had always pictured you in your tie dyed shirt and frayed bell bottoms. :(

That was in the 70's yep that was me then. Don't forget the Dingo Boots!!

Cool, Fozzy! Wonder how does it feel once you get the toy up and running, for the best!

From your glasses picture, you look like you might have tried a wilder color. :hmm:

The mighty Bottesini's powers are currently recharging. She will be back in full force once the cryogenic chamber has replenished her supply.

By the way fozzy, pardon me for coming off as ignorant - but what's that pinky claw you have in your picture? Seems like some kind of Dr. Doom claw attachment.

Guess I will find out in 4 weeks how it feels to have it up and running.
Not sure about the ring the hand and ring belong to Ozzy.

Pain meds are starting to kick in a little so I'm turning in for the night.

Wow Fozzy, Thats brilliant!! Welcome to bionic world!! Congrats

I am now one year old bionic!! Today is my first year anniversary.

Fozzy,

Congrats on the implant. Don't get to fond of the pain pills. Are you sleeping in a recliner? I slept the first few nights in a recliner, it helped the swelling.

I thought there was something familiar about the picture. We can call you Prince of Darkness if you like.

4 weeks to activation!!

Ive read your other posts and youve wanted a CI in the worse left ear for a while. You mentioned having a 90% loss in that ear and a 70% loss in the better ear. What does that translate to db HL per your audiogram, got any scans? How well/loud were you hearing with the same HAs that I wear? Good luck with your CI, what are your expectations?

Thanks All!
set2 - Don't worry I'm not fond of taking pills, pain reminds me that I'm alive. Only used 2 yesterday because the pain was throbbing. Should have slept on the couch like I did when I first got home, couldn't get comfortable in the bed.

Deafdude1 - I've been waiting for you here are the status that I have

Left ear - unaided 100db at 250Hz dropping 5 to 10 db per hz range until 2k then nothing.

Left ear aided -Best results (tried the latest aids) 50db at 250Hz dropping to 75db 2kHz.
Pretty much I just got ambient sound, during word and sentence recgonition test I repeated words in spanish. Thing is I do not know spanish and the audi was talking in english had a good laugh at that.

Right ear - unaided 90db 250Hz to 3KHz then nothing

Right ear - aided with Phonak Nadia V UP no results yet still in tuning stage.

Again thanks to all for your kind words.

Back