I'm Upset...

I see.
Then I agree - donate to shelters!

as a last resort - put up bins marked "free stuff" in the alleys where homeless frequents. It will disappear in no time.

Free-cycling is a good idea, too.
anything but throwing it in the garbage!

even the art school can use fabric and stuff as an art supply.
For example, wool and fabric scrap can be made into hooked rugs..

Fuzzy

Yes!! Agree. And there are a lot of homeless around here.

They are way more creative than I am. Plus they have looms. They have my blessings to destroy and re-create whatever I no longer use.

That is one way of getting use out of items deemed "useless". Donate them to someone who is able to reuse them in a creative way. Think outside the trash can. That in and of itself is creative.

Excellent advice, everyone!

I donated my stuffs to a local church last spring. They accepted most of my stuffs. *phew!*

I wonder if some nursing homes would want to accept stuff like that.
Some seniors who are still mobile are quite abandoned, and poor.
Maybe they would like these to have?

Fuzzy

I wonder if some nursing homes would want to accept stuff like that.
Some seniors who are still mobile are quite abandoned, and poor.
Maybe they would like these to have?

Fuzzy

I think that would be a good idea for nursing homes to accept clothes or other items that the Seniors or Seniors who have Alzheimer's disease lose their clothing to other Seniors who managed to steal from them. My mother was the victim (she had Alzheimer's disease) in the nursing home and she did not have no clothing when someone took her clothes. My sister and I was shocked. My sister managed to get some clothing for her. So yeah, that would be great to give some clothing if the Seniors get the right size to wear. I don't know about Seniors who are mobile being abandoned and poor. I am sure they need the clothes and other items too. :wave:

I think that would be a good idea for nursing homes to accept clothes or other items that the Seniors or Seniors who have Alzheimer's disease lose their clothing to other Seniors who managed to steal from them. My mother was the victim (she had Alzheimer's disease) in the nursing home and she did not have no clothing when someone took her clothes. My sister and I was shocked. My sister managed to get some clothing for her. So yeah, that would be great to give some clothing if the Seniors get the right size to wear. I don't know about Seniors who are mobile being abandoned and poor. I am sure they need the clothes and other items too. :wave:

That is sad news otherwise nursing help fix on problem!:shock:
I am shocked! I am surprised!

The OP is right. What you give to charities don't go to whom you intended, they are not transparent. It's a money making tool.

They should refuse to accept items that they will not sell. Let the donators decide what to do with these items. Places like Goodwill do not take everything. It has to be something they think they can sell.

If this outlet is throwing stuff away, they have to pay for that. The cost is passed down to the customers.

If they have a drop off box there is no way knowing what people are putting it it! Some place stopped using drop off boxes because people where throwing trash into them. I remember when Goodwill had the big reg drop off boxes in Boston and the homeless people would sleep in the boxes to keep warm and dry!

Back