I'm Tara :)

Hello Tara, I'm starting a BSL course in September, I'm HOH. Kevin.

Hello Tara, I'm starting a BSL course in September, I'm HOH. Kevin.

are you from the UK? i'm hearing. my goddaughter is HOH, and i was when I was very little. Over and over they put tubes in my ears... Infections and constant doctor appointments. :/ It "cleared up" but never continued Audiometric testing we didn't have insurance.
I started college last quarter, because they had ASL. Since I was 11 I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, and I found it. I'm still very new to ASL, and I have a lot of hard work ahead of me but I am happy now :):mrgreen:

Hello Tara and welcome aboard!
:wave: Thank You! nice to meet you :D

Hello Tara, I'm from southern England. My mum and brothers are all HOH, but my dad and children haven't got any hearing problems at all. Going back to college in the evenings to learn BSL will be hard for me, because I left school way back in 1982. Kevin.

Hello Tara, I'm from southern England. My mum and brothers are all HOH, but my dad and children haven't got any hearing problems at all. Going back to college in the evenings to learn BSL will be hard for me, because I left school way back in 1982. Kevin.

Do you like it there? It rains as much here as there I bet! ;) My family is hearing. My grandfather is HOH after his stroke. He has problem communicating because he wont learn sign. :(

I have no children. I will adopt someday. Maybe a deaf child. Learning sign at an early age is incredibly important for cognitive expansion.

Oh wow! I thought i had it tough. I am back in school after 10 years.. ASL is the shining class for me. It's the only class I don't have to sit up front and concentrate SUPER hard to hear! I can relax and concentrate on learning instead. That is why Deaf Studies and Culture are my career choice. It is natural and feels right. I was never sure what I wanted to do with my life until now.

What will you be majoring in? Are you taking classes only for BSL, or more too?

:wave:

It does rain alot here, but then I prefer the cooler weather to hot weather. I've often thought of moving to southern Ireland to where some of my family were originally from. I feel the same way as you about having to concentrate hard in class because of my lack of hearing, that's probably why I've never been back before. At the moment I'll just concentrate on BSL lessons, although I'm interested in history as well. Kevin.

Hi Tara!

I'm starting an ASL class next week. I've been learning online and through books in the meantime. I do recall a little from an ASL class I took in college 15 years ago.

I like your user ID name!

It does rain alot here, but then I prefer the cooler weather to hot weather. I've often thought of moving to southern Ireland to where some of my family were originally from. I feel the same way as you about having to concentrate hard in class because of my lack of hearing, that's probably why I've never been back before. At the moment I'll just concentrate on BSL lessons, although I'm interested in history as well. Kevin.

So do i. I lived in Las Vegas one summer... NEVER AGAIN! That hot dessert is not for me lol
I've wanted to see the world for so long. Ireland is somewhere i've wanted to go forever it seems. I hope i get a chance to travel someday.
oh ok :) I like history too. Documentaries are my fave lol :P

Welcome Tara!
:wave: :ty: :)

Hi Tara!

Hello Holly! :) how are you?

I'm starting an ASL class next week. I've been learning online and through books in the meantime. I do recall a little from an ASL class I took in college 15 years ago.

I like your user ID name!

Ah thats awsome :) Dawnsign makes good products. Easy to follow and thorough. good luck in your classes! I love mine :) <3
Aw thank you! It's partly my name and a flower :) :wave:

Hello Tara, Although I prefer Scotland and Ireland, I've also been to Africa and Turkey, I spent some time travelling on a camel going across Tunisia with a group of Germans. mind you I was younger then :D Kevin.

Hello Tara, we had a choice of swapping between camels, horses, and a horse and cart. The Germans prefered the horses and carts so we stayed on the camels. I was quite comfortable on them. Kevin.

Back