I'm Slightly Uncomfortable With This Assignment....Opinions?

Did you see their latest one they posted today in pink tshirts? Too hilarious! They are local to me.

Ooooooh I need to catch up on their stuff, I've fallen WAY behind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AllDeaf App mobile app

Ooooooh I need to catch up on their stuff, I've fallen WAY behind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AllDeaf App mobile app

And I love how they laugh at themselves during their skits. They can't keep a straight face. :lol:

So what did finally decide to do for your assignment, I hope you'll get a good grade .

Eh I'm going to use a convo with my roommate as a basic inspiration, but then make stuff up to flesh it out. I'll tell my roomie. I'll let y'all know about the grade when I get it.

Excellent idea on watching movies or whatever with two or more deaf pple talking.

I think however, what did your teacher could also mean, if you are in a group,
say a three or better, 4 or 5 people and everyone is talking, you may start observing two of them - how they are talking, how they gesticulate, the faces they make, the general body language, expression etc.
Since you are in a group, they do know you are looking at them - what they don't know you may try and translate some of that behaviour on a scene later on.
- nothing wrong with that. some may even be proud they became the canvas for your art :)

Actors often carefully observe their subjects in order to later portray them in movies or theater - as best as they can, for example:

To prepare for the role, Hoffman spent time doing character studies with a young autistic man, Peter Guthrie as well as the late Kim Peek who is the main inspiration behind the character. Kim Peek was classified as mentally retarded as a child, but was later discovered to possess remarkable brainpower which led medical experts to dub him “The Living Google”. As anyone who has seen the film knows, such quirky traits are definitely what made the character so endearing. Hoffman’s studies of the autistic individuals’ distinct mannerisms earned him an Academy award.

To prepare for the role of Popeye Doyle; Hackman and co-star Roy Scheider actually spent a month in a patrol car on the beat with genuine New York detectives Grosso and Egan. In doing so they truly got a feel for their characters. Interestingly, Hackman reportedly became disgusted at some of the more off-putting sights he saw during these patrols. During one incident he even had to help restrain an unruly suspect and get him into the squad car.

http://www.weirdworm.com/actors-who-went-all-out-for-their-roles/

as you can see, nothing wrong with quietly observing your surroundings while you let them you are in :)

Fuzzy

I don't think it right watch someone conversation without permission

I don't think it right watch someone conversation without permission

Yeah, that's what made me uncomfortable. I ended up using a "conversation" that I've had with many people, that's really just a story about an interaction I had with a previous roommate, so it's not just one specific person's conversation. The reactions are always pretty much the same, so the words can't be traced back to one person.

Yeah, that's what made me uncomfortable. I ended up using a "conversation" that I've had with many people, that's really just a story about an interaction I had with a previous roommate, so it's not just one specific person's conversation. The reactions are always pretty much the same, so the words can't be traced back to one person.

I was once talking to about a client to someone and I did not say their name and that person knew who I meant right away. It was someone in her family . OOPS!

Back