I'm planning to get me an HDTV sometime next month...

I didnt get the tv i wanted so instead i got a 23' lcd hdtv by philips with vga, s-video, composites and component inputs.

I set xbox360 to 1024x768 in widescreen and looks real good. glad it was worth a buy.

I didnt get the tv i wanted so instead i got a 23' lcd hdtv by philips with vga, s-video, composites and component inputs.

I set xbox360 to 1024x768 in widescreen and looks real good. glad it was worth a buy.

You meant 1360x768? 1024x768 is 4:3 resolution, not 16:9 resolution.

I would not get plasma. It is short life for plasma. They warned me about it. I read about it and they were right. It is not really popular for plasma.

Our TV has been working great since the day we brought it home way back in November 2006. It's a 42" Vizio Plasma HDTV. We paid $1075.00 for it. We use it so much. We have kids who love to watch it. We had more problems with the HDTV reciever we got from Comcast than with the TV itself. To each his own about TV brand preferences. I love this TV. I haven't gone to the movies since the last Star Wars movie!!

My parents has a couple Samsungs. They are great also. However, no TV is as great as a great receiver

When I was searching for a new TV earlier this year, I almost brought a plasma. I heard about the lifespan issue with plasma, but I was told that the issue may only be related to the early generation of plasma. The lifespan of new generation plasma can last over 10 years when watching TV for 8 hours every day.

Today's technology is not designed to last anyway. If I recall, Samsung is planning to release a new TV in June/July that can display picture in 3D using special glasses. And, Phillips will also release a TV that can display picture in 3D without special glasses. Next thing we'll have holographic TV..:)

Also, the technology has changed so much today that LCD and plasma are both good. The only reason I brought an LCD, was because I wanted a TV with FullHD. Plasma's also seem to generate too much heat.

Today's technology is not designed to last anyway. If I recall, Samsung is planning to release a new TV in June/July that can display picture in 3D using special glasses. And, Phillips will also release a TV that can display picture in 3D without special glasses. Next thing we'll have holographic TV..:)

There is no TV.

( "There is no Spoon" Matrix quoteplay)
We really are literally 30 seconds to Mars.

Back