I'm in sign language class

missingflorida2

Reaction score
My name is Devon. I'm a senior at my high school in OKlahoma. I've always wanted to learn sign language and when i moved here to Edmond, my new high school had at sign language class. I love learning how to sign but i'm wondering if any one could give me any hints to how to learn more percisly. COuld you give me any hints?:cool:

:welcome: to AD! U can go to Deaf socials..that helps a lot. Enjoy!

My name is Devon. I'm a senior at my high school in OKlahoma. I've always wanted to learn sign language and when i moved here to Edmond, my new high school had at sign language class. I love learning how to sign but i'm wondering if any one could give me any hints to how to learn more percisly. COuld you give me any hints?:cool:

Try vlogs or youtube...to watch these signing...look up deafread.com and type in deaf vlogs on youtube and you will see many ..good luck :)

I'm right there with you being in HS trying to learn ASL... As Gemma said, Vlogs really help out with practicing your receptive skills and checking how well you can put the vocabulary together along with the syntax (I think this is the word for sentance structure...) Another thing I believe has helped is picking up a copy of ASL made easy... Idiots guide to sign language works good as well... If you look around theres a PDF copy floating around online. A signlanguage dictionary helps out as well...

Elwood and Devon,

Here are two sites to check out:

aslpro.com (online dictionary)

asl.ms (fingerspelling drill)

Good luck to you both.

Back