I'm HOH but can't find any deaf events in my area

fedorable

Reaction score
I'm HOH and am learning sign, I'm pretty good for a newbie, but I dont know anyone who signs ASL, and the best people to talk to are the ones who use it all the time, I live in Minnesota, coon lake beach community, but I can't find any deaf events. Also I'm new to the culture, and I don't want to be offensive in anyway when I'm with deaf people and trying to make new friends so will you let me know what you find offensive and maybe help me find some people please? Thanks guys.

Also, my glide ID is POK BLIB so shoot me a video.

allot allot of deafies in twin.cities...i dont know how far that is from you though..
you will find some of us....
Great your learning asl....sign will. (Refer to my sig).....

As for offensive...just relax, its all cool. Some have thin skin, somwe have thick...depends on person...just know as Deaf we value sign, and dont like being forced to.be hearie...besides that...we are open mind culture ans accepting...
I wouldnt worry about it...
Your on the right train..all cool

Are you in college? Could you transfer to a college that has a strong dhh program, or Gally or NTID or CSUN?

I wish, I don't have money for college and I was a horrible high school student so no scholarships

thdeafclub.com. They are located just out of downtown St. Paul. They have a Facebook page full of deaf events. They're also open every weekend.

hello, i am new here, i have no idea how to write a post or reply, i did this by complete accident so if someone wants to help me, id highly appreciate it...i live in florida, i am h.o.h, and i dont know any one who can teach me asl

hello, i am new here, i have no idea how to write a post or reply, i did this by complete accident so if someone wants to help me, id highly appreciate it...i live in florida, i am h.o.h, and i dont know any one who can teach me asl

Where in Florida? If you live in a city, there will likely be a deaf center where you can learn ASL.

I wish, I don't have money for college and I was a horrible high school student so no scholarships
Let me guess.....zero deaf support right? There's financial aid that might help you.
What about job training? There's actually two options I'm thinking of....http://www.howardcollege.edu/swcid/ which is an academic and skilled job training program for dhh people......AND http://www.asd-1817.org/page.cfm?p=1236 which is a skilled vocational program...... Maybe if you can prove you missed out on getting dhh accomondations, and argue that as a result you need deaf specific higher education/job training ops.

Back