I'm going back to school but I'm scared....

I wonder how much it cost if my health insurance dont cover it? >_<

I've heard it estimated at between $25 and $35 depending on where you get it.

Remember that most of the deaths have been people with underlying medical conditions and pregnant women. If you're a healthy young adult, you'll most likely recover from the flu without severe complications. The complications from H1N1 have been about the same rate as regular seasonal flu. You don't need to panic.

Seek medical care if you become ill and feel fluid in your lungs or suspect a secondary infection. Prompt medical attention will improve prognosis. If you have a university student health center, you can go there.

That's my mom advice. Stay healthy!

P.S. If you haven't had a menigitis vaccination, you should have one. You're at higher risk in an university setting and meningitis is more dangerous than other diseases. The vaccine is recommended for teens and college students.

Remember that most of the deaths have been people with underlying medical conditions and pregnant women. If you're a healthy young adult, you'll most likely recover from the flu without severe complications. The complications from H1N1 have been about the same rate as regular seasonal flu. You don't need to panic.

Seek medical care if you become ill and feel fluid in your lungs or suspect a secondary infection. Prompt medical attention will improve prognosis. If you have a university student health center, you can go there.

P.S. If you haven't had a menigitis vaccination, you should have one. You're at higher risk in an university setting and meningitis is more dangerous than other diseases. The vaccine is recommended for teens and college students.

What about high risk groups? I'm at high risk myself due to diabetes.

Agreed. We see meningitis outbreaks every year.

after you wash your hands you should turn the water off with a paper towel and open the door with one one too! Door handles are covered with germs and if touch it with your bare hands they are no longer clean! I use to be a health aid and we had to wash our hands all the time!

deafskeptic, it's my understanding that the first flu shots will be given to children, college students, pregnant women, and people with asthma or diabetes. I don't know how that will logistically happen. Since you're in that group, you may want to contact your doctor and ask. Or maybe your local health agency.

Get some Lysol spray. You can use it to kill the virus on door knobs, telephones, remote controls, etc. The idea is to clean things that are touched a lot. The gel hand sanitizer is good, too. I've read that it kills the virus. Grocery stores are providing wipes to clean grocery carts. You might want to pick up some Clorox or Lysol wipes for places don't provide them.

FWIW, some people in my area had H1N1 this summer because kids brought the virus home from summer camp. People told me that it was miserable and that all family members came down with the flu. They recovered, though.

Ugh. I am so sick of this stuff. It is ridiculous. I am going back to school, and I am scared about going back too but not because of H1N1. I am scared because I have seizures more when I am stressed and don't want to start off my first days having tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures in the middle of my classrooms, and I scared because I have an entirely new set of interpreters that I hope to god can keep up with my courses. I am not scared about another flu virus that is just like every other flu virus that goes around. *grumble*

What!! :eek3: I went to classes last week and don't see any alert in my college!! :dunno:

I will find out by tomorrow! :Ohno:

Yeah, I saw TV news this morning. That's terrible!

What!! :eek3: I went to classes last week and don't see any alert in my college!! :dunno:

I will find out by tomorrow! :Ohno:

Today...

They told me that my college has to provide all hand sanitizer's boxes stands every halls,bathrooms, library and floors!

When you leave the college and make sure wash your hands!!

If you borrow books, pen and other then wash your hands!

:Ohno:

Look at this realistically, there is NO WAY to be 100% disinfected from the poss8bility of conacting any illness. After using sanitizing wipes or washing your hands, you will be reinfected by touching unsanitized objects anyway. So the point to consider is to keep your hands or any objects away from all orifices (eg mouth, nose, eyes, wounds, "down there", etc.) of your body. If you need to touch any orifices of your body, simply wash or sanitize before doing so. Bathe daily especially. It's all about common sense, in most cases doing the above will keep you reasonably clean from having the virus in your body.

Back