I'm a DJ now

Wow!! Congrats!! :thumb:

Oh, thats cool congrats~ any picture of you sitting in the radio show?? its your history! =)

I just got a radio show and started it last Sunday morning (2am-4am). I will be doing it again in a few hours. Was very nervous but I have had a lot of support from the folks at WRUV that want to see me succeed. They think that having a deaf DJ is unique and it is good publicity for them. I just want to play music and mainly, that's all I do.

I'm hoping to finish up 6 shows on the graveyard shift and apply for a better time. I doubt that anyone's listening that early.

For me, this is huge. I have always wanted to be a DJ and this is just one more thing I can tick off on my list of things to accomplish. Before you even think about criticizing me for anything, think twice. I would rather accomplish as much as I can and not worry about whether I'm "deaf enough" for anyone. I am an unique person and this is simply my way of catering to the part of me that wants new challenges in life.
I was a DJ at my Radio at ATU in Russellville AR KXRJ are the call letters. I played it, mixed it, did it. I had my own slot from 11:00 -1:00 AM for nine months could play whatever I wanted pretty much. It was quite nice. Cross it off and feel like you've accomplished something because you have. How many people do you know can say they have DJ'ed for a radio station?

I've co-anchored at one in Minneapolis, market #16 a few years ago. How about reading a TelePrompTer? I did that over spring break in Los Angeles, was pretty fun!

Back