I'll be Gone...

Tousi said:
Angel/Cheri, I noticed you said "smoker"...do you use wet hickory wood chips to smoke the meat or some other method? You also mentioned sausage....is it the circular rope kind of sausage? Bratwursts, too? Making me hungry talking about this!

No, we do not use wet wood/chips method, but with dry wood/chips by putting it in where the wood goes inside the fire pit which is at the side of the smoker, we would have a propane tank set by the back of the smoker...the indirect heat from the fire pit gives the ribs a smokey flavor and the slowly rotating ribs will be tender and tasty....Here are two photos that show what the smoker looks like, Thanks Cheri for taking those photos!

Yes, the sausage is similar to the shape of a hot dog LOL

Attachments

• Smoker 2.jpg
    Smoker 2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Smoker 1.jpg
    Smoker 1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 13
Tousi said:
Ok, Miz Cheri--gotta keep you busy while Angel answers....lol...I am assuming your rib business is contained in a "wagon", a kind of trailer on wheels and opens up for business and you go from place to place. If yes, your Dad prolly has a real good running pick-up to haul this and other equipment? Just guessing here......

Yes, We have a smoker to pulled with the van sometimes with the truck, We Have a 48 foot white trailer with an kitchen, bathroom in front of the trailer, that is haul with the ford f350 dually (black one).. My dad has two of fort f350 dually one white one black....And the cube (where we keep our food cold) is like 20 foot overall long and it's haul with the f350 dually (white one).

Tarafied said:
Lemme know if you ever come back to Davenport. That's where I'm at.

Davenport, Iowa? We go there every year.. I'll let u know the date when it comes up ok? ;)

Thanks, Angel for the information; I've seen smokers like that before where the meat is away from direct heat and the smoke wafts over, under, and around the meat is a separate chamber. After it is smoked, do you then put it on the grill? Sorry about the many questions but I have always been interested in and curious about a variety of businesses. capitalism in America Lives. Especially thru the small Mom & Pop type of businesses!

Thanks, Cheri...wow, big stuff, the trailers and Ford F-350's duallys! Sounds like your Dad has had this operation for quite a while.......sorry about all the questions but I am always curious about stuff like this, especially family-run businesses of all types! Not corporate America, hehe....

Tousi said:
Thanks, Cheri...wow, big stuff, the trailers and Ford F-350's duallys! Sounds like your Dad has had this operation for quite a while.......sorry about all the questions but I am always curious about stuff like this, especially family-run businesses of all types! Not corporate America, hehe....

12/13 years we have been doing this business. :)

Cheri/Angel..

Do you involved constant RibFest..
Did you win the constant all over the states?

I would love to try your cook rib.. and eat it.. *yummy*
When you will be next RibFest incoming in Mich or wherebouts ? I would love to TRY taste your cook famous ribs.. :)

Tousi said:
Thanks, Angel for the information; I've seen smokers like that before where the meat is away from direct heat and the smoke wafts over, under, and around the meat is a separate chamber. After it is smoked, do you then put it on the grill? Sorry about the many questions but I have always been interested in and curious about a variety of businesses. capitalism in America Lives. Especially thru the small Mom & Pop type of businesses!

You're very welcome Tousi! :hug:

Yes that's correct Tousi, after cooking the ribs in the smoker, we put them on the grill and bbq them! ;)

We also cook pork and beef by wrapping those raw meat in foil ( before we wrapped them, we add spice just like we spice our ribs ), and put them in the smoker too....

We cook ribs every 4 to 6 hours, for pork and beef, they are to be cooked overnight, we load them after we closed or before we closed, then unload them in the morning before we open...

I don't mind the questions at all Tousi and I'm glad you find it interesting! ;)

Bullym0m said:
Cheri/Angel..

Do you involved constant RibFest..
Did you win the constant all over the states?

I would love to try your cook rib.. and eat it.. *yummy*
When you will be next RibFest incoming in Mich or wherebouts ? I would love to TRY taste your cook famous ribs.. :)

We won most of them but we also lose some too....We can't always win because others can have a chance on winning too....

Reno, NV is one of the biggest rib cook-off, and my dad always wanted to win that one, and hasn't for a long time then finally last year we won the best ribs and bbq sauce, it was the happiest day for my dad, I knew he was counting on this for years...

We will let you know the date for Michigan, that one I haven't work yet because the hours for that show is really ridiculous, but Cheri had worked there for many years, and it open at 11 until 3:30 in the morning....only get 2-3 hours of sleep each day..... :crazy:

Working at the rib cook-off is very very hard work, and being on your feet for hours { 15 to 18 hours a day }.....It not an easy job either, but I love the people and love being outside too...but when a show is soo busy, it get really hard, and there are times we get soo hot cause of the weather..It sucks!

Of course you can stop by and try our ribs and bbq sauces :thumb: , I hope you would like it, I send Alex and E our famous number one bbq sauces last year, I'm not quite sure if they tried it yet....

^Angel^ said:
We won most of them but we also lose some too....We can't always win because others can have a chance on winning too....

Reno, NV is one of the biggest rib cook-off, and my dad always wanted to win that one, and hasn't for a long time then finally last year we won the best ribs and bbq sauce, it was the happiest day for my dad, I knew he was counting on this for years...

We will let you know the date for Michigan, that one I haven't work yet because the hours for that show is really ridiculous, but Cheri had worked there for many years, and it open at 11 until 3:30 in the morning....only get 2-3 hours of sleep each day..... :crazy:

Working at the rib cook-off is very very hard work, and being on your feet for hours { 15 to 18 hours a day }.....It not an easy job either, but I love the people and love being outside too...but when a show is soo busy, it get really hard, and there are times we get soo hot cause of the weather..It sucks!

Of course you can stop by and try our ribs and bbq sauces :thumb: , I hope you would like it, I send Alex and E our famous number one bbq sauces last year, I'm not quite sure if they tried it yet....

Angel,
Great thanks for replied about this issues..
Wow impressive how much you work hard and not much sleep short hours.. Worth for your experience.. btw you had great meeting people and enjoyment too.. Is that secret BBQ recpies or bought from the STORE ?
I love HICKORY BBQ SAUCE.. tasty so RICH and delcouisly.. *yummy*
Really that ribs takes long cooks.. I didn't realized that.. Funny thing, that I cooking ribs takes an hour to be done the cook by BBQ. (hmmmm) Strange different ribs long cooking by smokes.. compares.. Pretty find interesting.. :)

Oh Yes Indeed, I like that hear you when confirmation when r u coming in MICH.. perfect I would be chance to meet you... btw I will go St Louis, Missouri on July 21-23 2005.. R u coming along there ?

:thumb:

to Angel or Cheri

do you have a name or where I can order these sauce.I have my niebors or friends over we cookout shrimps or salmon or ribs here and there,any suggestioin where and to get the sauce your Dad made like a webbsite or?

Cheri said:
Davenport, Iowa? We go there every year.. I'll let u know the date when it comes up ok? ;)

When you know your Iowa schedule, please use the Deaf Events and Meets forum. It won't get buried so quick.

Steve & JessHercules

Steve said:
When you know your Iowa schedule, please use the Deaf Events and Meets forum. It won't get buried so quick.

Steve & JessHercules

Why Steve, You wanna meet us or just want to eat some smacking ribs? :giggle:

yea good idea why dont u guys put list of where u will be at this summer and give some of us a chance to meet ya? put it in deaf event and meets forum so it would be easier to find :-D

ooo my fave is smoked sausages *yummy* :D let me know if yall come in alabama then i zoom to buy this and meet blonde twins too! :kiss:

Cheri/Angel...

Why dont bringing your dad and foods over to Missouri on july 2006 .. so we can tryin taste your rib, etc..

Just kidding, i know that you guys need a break from that .. and you guys need havin FUN!!!

:D

TOF

Not Germany?
sad2.gif
:tears:

here is your tissues! aww * patting your shoulder * .. dont cry!! ask them to shipping their ribs to you! *giggling*

TOF

Back