If you won a Mega Millions Lottery....

I tend to keep my mouth shut on bragging things as a personality habit in real life unless it's a necessary situation that needs to be known. My parents would know though. Guess it's just how I grew up.

Same here.

You could still donate privately. I would guess that depends on the amount of money being donated and with the instruction that your name not be used.

Yea, the thing is that I plan to invest it into a few things that would generate several large monthly incomes, then use that income to donate. So it will eventually come out that I am donating.

Not the Mega Million lottery, but I tried the Reader's Digest sweepstakes and they asked me if I want to go public or private. So I put the check (mark in the box) for private, in case if I win. Still waiting. Anyway, I prefer private better than public as I don't want to tell the whole world that I won the big lottery. Yeah, I might tell my family and a little bit wary on the in-laws family (my husband's side). I noticed they are selfish when it comes to money. Yes, I would help some of our families when they need the money. With the lottery money, I would love to travel and attending the Powwow events in both USA and Canada, especially to visit my families in New Mexico back and forth. That would be great. :) :fingersx:

How in the world can a Mega-Million Dollar lottery winner be "kept private?" As far as I know, they publish your name in the papers. Am I missing something?

How in the world can a Mega-Million Dollar lottery winner be "kept private?" As far as I know, they publish your name in the papers. Am I missing something?

Conversation killer!
icon13.gif

:)cool:,
icon14.gif
)

I will be very privacy person to get an attorney to keep it slience. Donation money to build a new day hab program for the disability clients with more activities for them

Pay to my sons go to colleges

Pay off my debts

Retire from Government then work on my own business.

I would let someone else I trust sign the winning ticket and deal with the hassles. :)

Family corp. It's the best way if you plan to give money to family members. Gift taxes will kill ya otherwise. That is how alot of athletes and lotto winners go broke.

The problem is that when you win a lotto, it has to be public from what I read.

States vary. Winners are public info.....but, at least in Texas, you have a choice in the level of attention you get when you accept the prize. Some choose a small photo op.....some choose a presser.....and some are willing to do commercials for the lottery.

I would let someone else I trust sign the winning ticket and deal with the hassles. :)

You might be surprised by who you CAN"T trust when large sums of money are involved. Money can change even the best of people.

Back