If you were given the chance to start any career

what kind of engineering?

the sad part about being an engineer is that majority of time is being spent on paperworks for proposals, money, and permits unless you want to be a drone :(

EcPE (Electrical & Computer) & AOE (Aerospace & Ocean) engineers are SOLA because of frequent government budget cuts all over the places. defense sector is no longer a golden dream like in old time. it is pretty common to be in the middle of project and then have it shut down suddenly by higher up.

Civil & Mechanical Engineering are relatively better but still tough. As long as you prove your worth in gold... your future's pretty much set. I think this kind of engineering is the most fun of all.

Chemical, Biological, and Industrial & System Engineering are relatively hot fields now but you'd have to be a socially-inept type to be one :lol:
now now, you need to watch 'the Big Bang Theory" on TV, no wait, i forget you dont watch TVs, but try watch this particular show, its hilarious

that's what all engineers do lol... and of course... the application is different like designing a boat.... or plane.... or building...... or computer... since you like interior designing... I guess civil engineering???

for me - I'd go with mechanical, aerospace, and electrical because I like to design a vehicle of any kinds especially planes and helicopters.

that's why I'm rooting for V-22 Osprey but it's really a damn shame that it's full of failures and billions of wasted tax dollars :(

didnt know about this one, id google and read it up, seems interesting!
:)

If it is not for my stupid modified diploma, I surely would be in Georgia and, probably graduate at SCAD in Savannah by now. I would be prof. artist and writer as my career...

now now, you need to watch 'the Big Bang Theory" on TV, no wait, i forget you dont watch TVs, but try watch this particular show, its hilarious

I did tell you that I saw a few episodes and I don't like it at all. it reminds me why I don't watch tv.

didnt know about this one, id google and read it up, seems interesting!
:)

I'm pretty sure you've seen it at least a few times in the news, tv, or movies. half-plane, half-copter.

bellboeing_v_22_osprey.jpg

If it is not for my stupid modified diploma, I surely would be in Georgia and, probably graduate at SCAD in Savannah by now. I would be prof. artist and writer as my career...

you're still quite young...get out there and Do it

Working with the Career Center here and so far my options are limited. I am meeting with the career counseler on Thursday and he found someone who knows ASL and has been deaf. He has alot of good information for me.

I my have to find some way to make IT work for me, hopefully, minus the on-call stuff.

I've spent years in IT (20+): Applications Development, SQL Administration, Server side - AD, GP, RIS, etc. Can't get my foot back in the door so I'm changing.

I was a Licensed Treatment Foster Care Parent for a few years so now I'm looking at youth facilities, treatment centers, something along those lines.

What amazed me is that hearing people don't want to hire d/Deaf and probably hard of hearing to handle the job including the phone. I was watching the Switch at Birth when Travis (the young Deaf man who worked in the car wash for Daphne's father, Mr. Kinnesh (spelling)) was disappointed. I think Toby, the son of Mr. Kinnesh, is or was expected to work for his father at the car wash. Travis really want to work as he knew the business really well but Mr. Kinnesh would not allow him to do that for him as he is DEAF which is discrimination. Toby tried to tell his father that Travis really want to work as he knew the math and every car wash business. That was not very nice of Mr. Kinnesh not hiring him while Mr. Kinnesh were trying to recovered from heart attack.

That is why it is a shame that the Deaf people, even Hard Of Hearing will not be accepted in working field which is their dream job and have to find that they were being turn down because of deafness. Most offices want the d/Deaf people need to use the phone to make call. So they think the CI should help them listen over the phone or to talk with hearing people easily. We have other ways to have accommodations on the job. I would love to tell them to say I want you to give me a try out and see how I am doing on the job but if they firmly refuse to cave in and not interest in our abilities as Deaf people can do anything except to hear. I don't like being turn down or have them make excuses saying that they want me to use the phone.

I like what Sue Thomas does in her office with accommodation like that. That was just a dream way of getting communication like video phone or texting. That was years ago before we had this but still the hearing refuse to go along with the accommodations for us to use in our workplace. **sigh**

What is wrong with hearing people so afraid of d/Deaf people not be able to handle in the workplace, if they have the talents or the experience of knowing how to run things? Come on, we are not children. That is why Travis was upset when he was not allowed to take over his business. Dang!! :(

What amazed me is that hearing people don't want to hire d/Deaf and probably hard of hearing to handle the job including the phone. I was watching the Switch at Birth when Travis (the young Deaf man who worked in the car wash for Daphne's father, Mr. Kinnesh (spelling)) was disappointed. I think Toby, the son of Mr. Kinnesh, is or was expected to work for his father at the car wash. Travis really want to work as he knew the business really well but Mr. Kinnesh would not allow him to do that for him as he is DEAF which is discrimination. Toby tried to tell his father that Travis really want to work as he knew the math and every car wash business. That was not very nice of Mr. Kinnesh not hiring him while Mr. Kinnesh were trying to recovered from heart attack.

That is why it is a shame that the Deaf people, even Hard Of Hearing will not be accepted in working field which is their dream job and have to find that they were being turn down because of deafness. Most offices want the d/Deaf people need to use the phone to make call. So they think the CI should help them listen over the phone or to talk with hearing people easily. We have other ways to have accommodations on the job. I would love to tell them to say I want you to give me a try out and see how I am doing on the job but if they firmly refuse to cave in and not interest in our abilities as Deaf people can do anything except to hear. I don't like being turn down or have them make excuses saying that they want me to use the phone.

I like what Sue Thomas does in her office with accommodation like that. That was just a dream way of getting communication like video phone or texting. That was years ago before we had this but still the hearing refuse to go along with the accommodations for us to use in our workplace. **sigh**

What is wrong with hearing people so afraid of d/Deaf people not be able to handle in the workplace, if they have the talents or the experience of knowing how to run things? Come on, we are not children. That is why Travis was upset when he was not allowed to take over his business. Dang!! :(

I think it is because most hearing people don't really look at us as their equals in the working field. By now, they should know that they can make accodomations but they seem do not have the faith in us to do the job as well as they can. Especially for those deaf who have no speech skills. It is just plain ignorance and selfishness on their part.

I think it is because most hearing people don't really look at us as their equals in the working field. By now, they should know that they can make accodomations but they seem do not have the faith in us to do the job as well as they can. Especially for those deaf who have no speech skills. It is just plain ignorance and selfishness on their part.

and they dont know ASL and they feel incapable of learning ASL. I still think its unfair,

What superior would want to learn ASL for a dead end job? Will you be there for a long time? Would anyone want to learn ASL for the 3 months in summer that I'll be flipping hamburger until I go back to school? Is it worth all the trouble to learn ASL? Therefore, I think that deaf people like me will need to indicate that we'll be in the occupation for the long haul.

Back