Votes: 5 29.4%
  • NTID

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Nah, I'll work at Mcdonald's.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

e

Reaction score
for you to choose a school would be Gally OR NTID. Which would you choose and WHHHHYYYYYY????

I'd choose Gally because I'd like to go out, it's located in the city, and LESS snow!!!!

I choose NTID so I can go to RIT.. I would not go to Gally. IT prolly would not give me the education I need.

I'd go to Gally. Better to be with the city and have a life. You can learn more in the city, than being isolated in middle of nowhere and partying all the time. LOL Too bad there is no deaf university in NYC, that would rock!

Gally Psychology department focuses more on the needs of deaf people than regular universities.

Gally since it has my major........... but I like being mainstreamed but RIT/NTID doesnt have my major

NTID - that's where I went for my major but lost motivate in that major and loved the social life there too

Originally posted by *~Rayden Wins~*
Teekie - yup ... in fall '04

Boston - yeah ... compy tech

I bet you'll be glad to get out of Indy, then? ;)

Isn't NTID a place for deaf folks to take remedial classes? RIT has all the "real" classes. According to my friend who is going there now.

Well I made my choice.. I chose Gally. And finished what I started, too. It depends on the individual to take the initative to go all the way. Social problems in the deaf community are another story, perhaps even separate from Gallaudet itself.

I blame the "floating standard" of teachers who just let their deaf/hearing students pass classes in elementary and high schools without letting them truly earn that. Gallaudet, NTID and other community colleges bear the burden of teaching these students the most basic things like math and English when they could have been worked on at a much earlier age. More moolah for them, anyway...

But oh well, can't point fingers right now.. heh... what matters is what you are gonna do NOW about your situation.

<-----proud '02 grad since having entered gally by '98

If i got a fundin to Immigrant to U.S i would like to go to RIT coz i heard it got a good deaf access there with good education provides!

Back