i711.com (new Ip-Relay service)

Whining? It was just a blunt statement.

Richard

Relay List?

Is there a list somewhere that has the url for all the relay services that are available?
Thanx

I spoke with some a few 'key' deaf people about this i711 system. They praise it but caution against registering your personal information into i711 because they can use that info to locate and collect from the thousands of former Wyndtell subscribers who reneged out of their contracts.

AD was moving dammed slow to take in this reply I didnt know if it was working or not!

Richard

Well, that's actually not legal, Richard. The FCC has rules against using personal information and sharing it between departments of a company. The company would lose a lawsuit if they found a way to do that with information they garnered from their relay division.

As in, the blood of the relay service providers at Nordia.

Just got this nice little email back from i711.com:

>Hello Velvet,
>
>Thank you for sending us your comments.
>
>We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our new service. However; >unfortunately with i711.com, you cannot make international calls outside of >the United States meaning we do not accept any call from Canada or make >any relay call to anyone in Canada.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>i711.com Support

Okay. That's fine. Connecting over the Internet, you're still going through a real live operator (instead of the server pass-through Hamilton Relay uses, which can (and will) block you once they find out you're Canadian). Last I checked, i711.com is still dialing Ontario numbers for me (well, my home number, which is busy, because I'm logged on the Internet, duh), and I'm going to see if I can get one to make an outgoing call where someone really will pick up on the other end tonight. This may be a workaround, until I get caught, but still no wireless relay services as of yet, either. I will keep you posted.

The boiling blood part comes from this:

IT Business

The relevant quote goes thusly:

"Providing relay services across the border presented a challenge, as relay calls don’t normally cross borders, Grimard said. The signals are different and Nordia worked with Bell to make switches to bridge the two. Though the contact centre is located in Canada, the service is only available in the U.S."

All together now children as a group:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry. Fine now. Really I am.

Okay, first my problem was the American relay services wouldn't let Canadians make calls. Now, they've got a CANADIAN relay service, that only lets AMERICANS make calls.

And, oh, yes, I managed to get through to the Executive Offices of Bell Mobility, and was told essentially, too bad, so sad, you're S^^t out of luck. ("There is currently no way for Data Support Services to link your Blackberry with the Bell Relay Service.")

In the meantime, I am still making payments of $60.48 to Bell Mobility each and every single month, for $350 worth of PLASTIC.

Can you say "not a happy camper", boys and girls?!

At least I got the snail-mail address of Nordia's Ontario branch. Let's see how long *that* takes to get a response from.....

Velvet

Wondering what is Canada's ip relay service? I am myself lives in Ontario :)

Daz

Back