I will NEVER to buy new computers at Circuit City and other stores again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bad joke or nice cover up.

Depent what games you use? What games you like to play?

Nice spec. My friend complained about slow computer (Amd XP 2.4ghz and Ati 9800 pro) and CS:S run around 20-30fps at low settings. He got Intel E6300 1.83ghz for $80 from somewhere. I help him to pick right hardware(mobo,ram, gpu, and PSU) and built the computer for him.He got 8800GTS from newegg.com BIG JUMP from 20-30fps to 200fps at MAX settings for CS:S. He said WHOA!

Heh, I would love to have a 8800GTS. But really, that should give you more than 200 fps. My friend has 1GB ram, intel core 2 E6600, and 7900GS. He's capped at 299fps. I haven't found the command for uncapping fps yet.
The reason i get lower fps than him is because of my 533mhz pentium D. I'm trying to find a buyer who will want to buy my old system (with my current pD) for $465 so i can use that money to buy a core 2.

Heh, I would love to have a 8800GTS. But really, that should give you more than 200 fps. My friend has 1GB ram, intel core 2 E6600, and 7900GS. He's capped at 299fps. I haven't found the command for uncapping fps yet.
The reason i get lower fps than him is because of my 533mhz pentium D. I'm trying to find a buyer who will want to buy my old system (with my current pD) for $465 so i can use that money to buy a core 2.

He use CS:S at MAX setting? E6600 is much faster than E6300.

It's CPU as itself. Most Amd 64bits 400mhz faster than Pentium D 533mhz and Pentium EE 667mhz.

Aye, max settings. Same here, and getting between 25-40 fps on full office servers.

Wow.. Everyone is talking about the video card and now CPU.. LOL!! So, better wait till after April 22nd, many of Intel CPU's will cut and LOWER prices than current. So, that is why I'm still working on my new project for the next PC generation! :D

You need new PSU,RAM, and CPU for new motherboard. It's super easy.

Same here, Just those things he mentioned and including DDR2 and PCI Express graphic card of your choice. Be sure PSU is 450 watt or more. Most gamers use that. You have to look inside the case and see if PSU is under inside top back of CPU case (on outside back of CPU, fan on left, power jack on right). This one give lot room. If PSU is installed on side (Power jack on top, Fan on bottom) is bad because it take up room belongs to CPU heatsink (IT would partly block cooling for CPU). Who knows you might have planned to get monster Thermaltake Fanless Heatpipe LOL. (I doubt you would want that cuz it's so heavy and can rip off CPU and pieces of mobo if you drop cpu case just few inches to table ROFL). If you can take pix of your CPU case w/ cover open and we both can help out.

Thanx
Catty

Check this out. I bought it and returned it quickly Yike it's huge and heavy!!

Ratings and Reviews - Thermaltake Combo Cool DIY Series TOWER112 4 in 1 CPU Cooler for Intel LGA775. P4 and AMD K8. K7 with Heatpipe Cooling Model CLP0024 (ThermalTake-CLP0024) - PriceGrabber.com

Bought it at Microcenter. They're huge and top heavy. May not be compatible with many CPU case.. At first, I thought it was just a white box with lot of adapters for any CPU but turned out to be a monster when I opened and my eyeball about to fall out. I returned quickly and exchanged for smaller heatpipe (Gigabyte Rocket heatpipe). It kept my AMD64 CPU cool down to 28c (using cool n' quiet technology) and "quiet" setting (Abit AV8 uGuru software for CPU)

Is it true that if you install a wrong daughter card in the CPU, the CPU's motherboard would melt like green liquid. I never heard of it.

What the hell is a daughter card?

There is alive daughter that lives in the CPU. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. I should have typed one word - a daughterboard. Sorry. Here is the link on Wikipedia:

Daughterboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your CPU has several electronic boards, then they are daughterboards. The cards or boards would be for a printer's resolutions, video monitor resolutions, speaker board, internal modem (unsure if related), etc. A memory card or clip is not a daughterboard.

One big main electronic board is called a motherboard. She has many daughterboards "on her back." It is kinda of weird names. They are tech terms.

Okay. I just never used that term. I just call the "daughter cards" by using their respective names (e.g. video card, RAM, etc.). Either way, it doesn't make sense to call a CPU a "daughter card". And how would an incompatible CPU connect to the mainboard without bending some of its pins?

Use of the names daughter card and daughter board, and even mezzanine board are also acceptable.

If your store did not credit your bill, you can reject your payment on the internet. I always check my bills online for my history balances. Sometimes I forgot what did I bought something a few months ago. It is free to open your account. The only way is for you to look at your paper bill that has a website address.

It is very important for you to see your credit card's website address - like this: https://www.citibank.com You see the letter "S" that stands for security. Without S, you must not access it. It does not matter if it has a symbol lock on your browser. The letter S is more important than the symbol lock.

Another important, if you receive a credit card advertisement in your email box, please never click a bank or credit card's link. The only way for us to look at our bill's website address and save it in our bookmark.

After you finished checking your credit card/bank website, you must "Logoff" and empty cache memory (your browser) so that it will not be stored on your hard disk.

TFWFalcon is right that it takes a few hours or up to 48 hours. Don't worry about it.

plus you have to empty cookies too!

I have an advice for you:

Build your computer from scratch and it will stay durable for a long time. I have built my computers from scratch and each other stayed durable for 4 to 5 years.

If not, ask your friend who is whiz in building computers.

Durability = a good investment :)

You should get HP or Compaq are good than other. I have hear most good one on Hp or Compaq than Dell or other. But Apple is good for school program or something.

Try buy which you want Hp or Compaq...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back