I wanna be trendy too!

MelodyB

Reaction score
Ok since it was stated in another thread that the "ask me anything" threads are looking like a trend...then go ahead, Ill play!

Ask me anything... :giggle:

How did you come up with your username?

Would you kill somone if he/she eats your friends?

My user name is my name....Melody is my first, B is my initial to my last... (I know, Im real creative)

Ummmmm I dont know...Im not sure, depends on what friend it is...LOL

Melody..did ya use your sn from the music term of melody? I wonder..

No its my actual name...what my parents gave me when I was born...

I must ask you. Do you know of the secret monk technique; exploding donkey pijamas? If not, at least tell me what sort of BBQ sauce you prefer on your steak :P lmao.

I must ask you. Do you know of the secret monk technique; exploding donkey pijamas? If not, at least tell me what sort of BBQ sauce you prefer on your steak :P lmao.

I must confess, I do not know of any secret Monk Technique, nor if there be any such thing as exploding donkey Pajamas. But I do know I like 57 sauce on my steak!

Jillio I was going to ask that too,...

hm... I have no other question right now

Interesting avator, mind telling me (and the others) what it does say? ( I have an idea what it does say--)

Is there any place or spot you've been to that you would love to go back to someday? What was so interesting about it?

If there was any place in the world you would travel to and visit, where would it be and why?

Do you love animals, if so, what are your favorite animals (domestic and/or wild)?

Has Alldeaf struck a melody chord with you lately? :giggle:

~RR

I must confess, I do not know of any secret Monk Technique, nor if there be any such thing as exploding donkey Pajamas. But I do know I like 57 sauce on my steak!

57, good stuff. More of an A1 person here. As for the secret technique, it really does exist! Once upon a time a monk got drunk on sake and dressed a donkey in a suit of firecrackers... Well, yeah you know how the rest goes. :afro:

Why did you become interested in learning ASL?

I have always thought that sign language looked really neat, and I have wanted to learn for awhile. A little over a year ago, I met a woman who does interpreting at church, and she offered to teach classes, and I took them thinking it would be fun and interesting. I found out that I have a desire to learn this beautiful language, and learn all I can about the Deaf and their culture. I since have engrossed my self in it, and find myself not being able to think about anything else. I LOVE IT!

Interesting avator, mind telling me (and the others) what it does say? ( I have an idea what it does say--)

It says "God Bless America"

Is there any place or spot you've been to that you would love to go back to someday? What was so interesting about it?

I went to El Salvador on a Missions trip in 1999, and I would love to go back. The people there were so humble and open. I would love to go back after I get fluent in ASL and meet the Deaf there.

If there was any place in the world you would travel to and visit, where would it be and why?

I would just like to take a long road trip across the United States with a few of my closest friends, and just see all the fun stuff that is here.

Do you love animals, if so, what are your favorite animals (domestic and/or wild)?

I love animals! I have a Cat named Eboni, and I LOVE Dogs! I would love to have a few big dogs, or even one, but I am not in a position to have a big dog, or a small dog right now. So Ill stick with my Eboni, she is all I can handle! But I love animals!

Has Alldeaf struck a melody chord with you lately? :giggle:

~RR

Of course! Thats why Im here, to learn, share and have fun!

Answers looks good--as for your avatar, that is what I had figured it to be, nice one.... ;)

You mentioned going on a mission back in '99, how long were you there for and how many of you went?

~RR

Answers looks good--as for your avatar, that is what I had figured it to be, nice one.... ;)

When I saw that picture, I had to save it, and when I joined here, I figured this would be the best place to display it since most everyone here most likely would know what it meant, but I didnt think that without the hands being on a body, and the non-movement of the hands, it might not be understood, so Im glad that someone was able to understand what it meant...LOL

You mentioned going on a mission back in '99, how long were you there for and how many of you went?

I was there for 10 days, and I went with 34 other young people...I have a page I made, but it is VERY old. LOL but there are lots of nice pics on there.

Y.O.M. to El Salvador & Honduras!!

Thats cool Melody! You have been to El Salvador. Dios Bengia! I was down there as well on missions trip too! I have been down there 4 times between 1997 and 2000. It was awesome! Many Deaf Americans here should go down there and learn something! What I mean is that Deaf people down there have NO Social Security or welfare programs to collect money. They are very poor.

God truly bless you on your missions down there. I know how people are: humble and so nice. Maybe with exception of one! Haha.

What happened was that we had to stop somewhere in middle between San Miguel and San Salvador to get our mission friend's car to fill up with water in his customized extra large water holding tank to cool the engine in hot dry desert region of CentroAmerica.

When he did, a crazy man perhaps high on drugs weaving his sharp machette toward our mission friend. I was sitting in back seat and my pastor up front seat. I was able to lock my door and I was so calm. Any reaction can overreact the drugged man to do something harsh. So, both my pastor and I were calm. But my pastor can not lock the door--only powered lock up front.

As our mission friend filling water, he talked rapidly in Spanish to calm the man. We were able to escape by driving off to San Salvador.

Next morning, at a Mickey D's (McDonalds), I was reading morning papers (all Spanish), I saw a large word cross the front page with a large photo. The word was: iMURTE! The picture showed 3 covered corpses on ground with police officers holding crowd back. Our mission friend who is a Costa Rican understood Spanish better than I do and he said the drugged man with the machette killed 3 men by decaptation in the same area where we were the day before! The police arrested that man with the machette. We came to believe it was the same man alright. God truly bless us with protection. Oddly or strangely, this happened on a Sunday afternoon in Feb 1997 and back home, a large group of church members prayed for us that afternoon about the same time it happened. God truly blessed us on this mission trip!

Wait! There are more testmony from our mission trips but I will let you all swallow hard with this one testmony, ok?? More later! iDIOS BENGIA!

Thats cool Melody! You have been to El Salvador. Dios Bengia! I was down there as well on missions trip too! I have been down there 4 times between 1997 and 2000. It was awesome! Many Deaf Americans here should go down there and learn something! What I mean is that Deaf people down there have NO Social Security or welfare programs to collect money. They are very poor.

God truly bless you on your missions down there. I know how people are: humble and so nice. Maybe with exception of one! Haha.

What happened was that we had to stop somewhere in middle between San Miguel and San Salvador to get our mission friend's car to fill up with water in his customized extra large water holding tank to cool the engine in hot dry desert region of CentroAmerica.

When he did, a crazy man perhaps high on drugs weaving his sharp machette toward our mission friend. I was sitting in back seat and my pastor up front seat. I was able to lock my door and I was so calm. Any reaction can overreact the drugged man to do something harsh. So, both my pastor and I were calm. But my pastor can not lock the door--only powered lock up front.

As our mission friend filling water, he talked rapidly in Spanish to calm the man. We were able to escape by driving off to San Salvador.

Next morning, at a Mickey D's (McDonalds), I was reading morning papers (all Spanish), I saw a large word cross the front page with a large photo. The word was: iMURTE! The picture showed 3 covered corpses on ground with police officers holding crowd back. Our mission friend who is a Costa Rican understood Spanish better than I do and he said the drugged man with the machette killed 3 men by decaptation in the same area where we were the day before! The police arrested that man with the machette. We came to believe it was the same man alright. God truly bless us with protection. Oddly or strangely, this happened on a Sunday afternoon in Feb 1997 and back home, a large group of church members prayed for us that afternoon about the same time it happened. God truly blessed us on this mission trip!

Wait! There are more testmony from our mission trips but I will let you all swallow hard with this one testmony, ok?? More later! iDIOS BENGIA!

Thats an awesome testimony! God is so good like that!

I would love to go there with the knowlage of the Deaf that I have now. At the time when I went, I had never given any real thought to learning sign language, and I didnt have the understanding about Deaf people as I do now. So I would LOVE to go back and get the oppertuinity to minister among the Deaf there!

I guess I'll join in your trendiness, M; how's the rarefied air? Lol!

Back