I think I may get this as my new car...

hey... I can tow that!

Call the Thread Police. ;) Obviously your thread has been hijacked.

Clearly.

Oh well. I'm still getting dicked around by my insurance company and the banks, so I've not been able to buy my car yet anyways.

:popcorn: Are you not a fan of supercars in general, or just the Veyron?

Oh, I don't actually have anything against them, I'm just not all that familiar. Nor am I, y'know, filthy rich. And I don't actually have anything against the Veyron, I just only know of it as a stupidly expensive prank dressed up as a mouse, lol.

yea - it's most likely used for bike rack or a light sport trailer but really.... towing a stuck vehicle? bbbbaaaaaaaaddddddd idea! some people install bike rack to avoid paying toll at E-Z lane to cover their rear plate from being captured by security cameras

wouldn't be surprised if Subaru got a small crack in the frame for even a quick short towing

Sound right to me. How about jet ski trailer? I think Subaru can tow the jet ski trailer. WRX? :dunno:

Small crack? It can be...... depend on how strength of the rear subframe. It can be torn the metal body sheet when pull heavy vehicle or the Subaru body become twist. But the rear subframe can be fabricate with metal sheet or tube as backing plates to reinforce the weak subframe, maybe allow to bolt on a trailer hitch frame to the subframe.

Oh, I don't actually have anything against them, I'm just not all that familiar. Nor am I, y'know, filthy rich. And I don't actually have anything against the Veyron, I just only know of it as a stupidly expensive prank dressed up as a mouse, lol.

:h5: Well if you do ever want to familiarize yourself with some fine automobiles just let me know, and I'd be glad to inform you.

reventon_600_5.jpg

Sound right to me. How about jet ski trailer? I think Subaru can tow the jet ski trailer. WRX? :dunno:

Small crack? It can be...... depend on how strength of the rear subframe. It can be torn the metal body sheet when pull heavy vehicle or the Subaru body become twist. But the rear subframe can be fabricate with metal sheet or tube as backing plates to reinforce the weak subframe, maybe allow to bolt on a trailer hitch frame to the subframe.

there you go. it's clearly not designed to do towing.

:h5: Well if you do ever want to familiarize yourself with some fine automobiles just let me know, and I'd be glad to inform you.

How about you come drive one over here to Cincy, and I'll familiarize myself with your fine vehicles by taking them for a test drive. :D

Wirelessly posted (HTC Thunderbolt)

WV_Magnate said:
How about you come drive one over here to Cincy, and I'll familiarize myself with your fine vehicles by taking them for a test drive. :D

Is that emphasis on "your" supposed to be sarcasm? :eek:

Not if you've actually got one. ;)

If that's the case, I really would enjoy taking it for a spin, that'd be awesome, lol.

Wirelessly posted (HTC Thunderbolt)

Not if you've actually got one. ;)

If that's the case, I really would enjoy taking it for a spin, that'd be awesome, lol.

:tears: Being that I'm only 16, I currently don't own a supercar (nor any car for that matter). But hey, if you don't mind waiting 6-14 years (approximately), I'd be more than happy to take one out of my collection and up to "Cincy". :cool:

I think Subaru Forester/Outback can tow 3k pound trailers. I don't know if this 3k pound includes passengers or cargo. Am I correct?

no. it's bit more complicated than that.

You just gotta look at its towing capacity limit (Class I-VI), tongue limit, height clearance, etc. etc.

Chance is... Forester and Outback have a very limited towing capacity and I believe it's foolish to tow a big boat with it.

Back