I think I may get this as my new car...

Not gear ratio, - my bad - just short shifter box, something like that to replace the OEM one that my fiesta have, and like jiro said, I can do that - but the euro website I visit have one for sale at $180+ but I found another one at $169 with momo geat stick and it looks heaps awesome.

The Cooper S hatchback (manual, obviously) is exactly which model I'm looking at.

The 2007 and newer models are actually Turbocharged, not Supercharged, too.

Thanks for the rest of that, though, good to know.

The last S/C used in a Cooper S on model year 2008, is convertible model, according to the oil/air filter catalog. Just thought. T/C is not my taste but powerful and can create the engine problems such as oil leaking due to excessive blowby in crankcase, T/C can be suffer ball bearings failure due to hot exhaust gasous and long oil life (means neglect oil change dues). Dst

Not gear ratio, - my bad - just short shifter box, something like that to replace the OEM one that my fiesta have, and like jiro said, I can do that - but the euro website I visit have one for sale at $180+ but I found another one at $169 with momo geat stick and it looks heaps awesome.

The reason for change gear ratio in tranny, is hard to find the parts for a Fiesta. If the gear ratio set are available then you might have a problem with a PCM (powertrain control module)...... factory calibration computer, or you have to reprogram it. Not worth.
Mod shorter shifter is good choice.

speaking of clutch, at some point in the future, I am thinking of shortening my gear ratio to make it more sportier and short gear stick as well.
How are you shortening your gear ratio? If you do this, it will affect your highway speeds negatively.

The last S/C used in a Cooper S on model year 2008, is convertible model, according to the oil/air filter catalog. Just thought. T/C is not my taste but powerful and can create the engine problems such as oil leaking due to excessive blowby in crankcase, T/C can be suffer ball bearings failure due to hot exhaust gasous and long oil life (means neglect oil change dues). Dst

How ofter you see T/C problem for Subaru and diesel motor?

The reason for change gear ratio in tranny, is hard to find the parts for a Fiesta. If the gear ratio set are available then you might have a problem with a PCM (powertrain control module)...... factory calibration computer, or you have to reprogram it. Not worth.
Mod shorter shifter is good choice.

This is what I meant. ;)

How ofter you see T/C problem for Subaru and diesel motor?

Let me to explain about the oil leaks from under or around the T/C engines when servicing the oil/filter changes or engine repairs or visual inspection (smog inspection), what cars I saw is European cars, most Swedish cars like Volvo/Saab. Subaru? Not much just little leaks. I 've not seen Subaru diesel.

Let me to explain about the oil leaks from under or around the T/C engines when servicing the oil/filter changes or engine repairs or visual inspection (smog inspection), what cars I saw is European cars, most Swedish cars like Volvo/Saab. Subaru? Not much just little leaks. I 've not seen Subaru diesel.

I never said Subaru diesel, I said diesel motor. :) How ofter you see diesel engine's T/C got leak like cummins, duramax, powerstroke, CAT, and mack?

I never like Swedish at all and Volvo's AWD system is worse ever than other AWD systems for wet road. My exgf complained about her two Saab that both of them have engines issue already. Many of my friends who own Japanese vehicles with t/c and they don't complained about oil leak that I know so far.

You mean lower gear ratio that affect the speed reduce? I just curious.
Yeah, changing the gear ratio will affect something else. A car is designed to do many things, such as driving in town to driving on the highway. If you change one thing, it will affect something else. No getting around that.

I never said Subaru diesel, I said diesel motor. :) How ofter you see diesel engine's T/C got leak like cummins, duramax, powerstroke, CAT, and mack?

I never like Swedish at all and Volvo's AWD system is worse ever than other AWD systems for wet road. My exgf complained about her two Saab that both of them have engines issue already. Many of my friends who own Japanese vehicles with t/c and they don't complained about oil leak that I know so far.

Oh, yeah, I notice the big trucks have oil leaks frequent cuz of large blowby due to high compression ratio and turbocharger but they are normal. Often they (truckers or mechanics) wash the dirty engines to keep the engines clean and allow the drivers or mechanics can spot the leaking area of the engines.

Yeah, changing the gear ratio will affect something else. A car is designed to do many things, such as driving in town to driving on the highway. If you change one thing, it will affect something else. No getting around that.

My mechanic language on the gear ratios in differential (axle) is: lower gear ratio create more speed...... higher gear ratio create low speed. But I read your post #44. lower gear ratio= lower speed. I never see the question before. But you can research the infro of the gear ratios in manual tranny or axle.

Oh, yeah, I notice the big trucks have oil leaks frequent cuz of large blowby due to high compression ratio and turbocharger but they are normal. Often they (truckers or mechanics) wash the dirty engines to keep the engines clean and allow the drivers or mechanics can spot the leaking area of the engines.

Correct, very HIGH compression and fuel is very high pressure like crazy.

*off subject*
I tried to put the dye in my Mazda for AC leak check and I forget to hold "needle tail" when I connected it to AC high pressure plug and end up "needle tail" blow whole green dye in my engine area. :mad2: So I tried clean everything with brake cleaner. So I was recharge AC and AC work ok. It was happen 2 hours ago. :o Thanks god, I wore my latex glove. It got full of bright green.

Correct, very HIGH compression and fuel is very high pressure like crazy.

*off subject*
I tried to put the dye in my Mazda for AC leak check and I forget to hold "needle tail" when I connected it to AC high pressure plug and end up "needle tail" blow whole green dye in my engine area. :mad2: So I tried clean everything with brake cleaner. So I was recharge AC and AC work ok. It was happen 2 hours ago. :o Thanks god, I wore my latex glove. It got full of bright green.

Lol, same thing to me and other mechanics but the Robinair A/C machine in a gas station, have built-in dye oil injector by press the button to charge the amount of oil or dye oil into the A/C system of the vehicle.

countryman_01_0710-md.jpg

I saw this today. I didn't know they had a 4 door Mini Cooper out already.

countryman_01_0710-md.jpg

I saw this today. I didn't know they had a 4 door Mini Cooper out already.

Yeah, the Countryman (or previously, the Clubman) model has been out for a few years now. Seems kinda silly, to me. If you want a bigger car, why get a Mini?

Yeah, the Countryman (or previously, the Clubman) model has been out for a few years now. Seems kinda silly, to me. If you want a bigger car, why get a Mini?

I have seen the Clubman but not the 4 door version that I saw today. I only saw the one that has rear door that opens when you open the front door kinda like what some trucks have.

I found out that the heater core replacement in Mini Coopers is not too expensive job as I thought but my service writer stated me before. Here is: replace a heater core in a newer Cooper, is about 2 hours, doesn't include recovery, evacuate and recharge A/C system. Not bad, older Coopers, take about 3 hours to replace leaky heater core.
I recalled I replaced a blend door in a HVAC housing of a 1990ish MBZ 300E that took me 1 and 1/2 day. Hell job and no fun.
I think some European cars are more likely expensive repairs, like a 2005 BMW 760i have about 16 hours to replace a leaky heater core ( doesn't include recovery, evac and recharge A/C syst). Just thought.

Back