I need some help guys

Simplest way is to get a copy of your audiology test. Have them copy it as proof of your deafness.

That's about it.

If they refuse to comply then you can shove that ADA law up their butt, but really, they'd understand once you prove your deafness.

That is actually a very good point to be made. Of course we all know, legally, landlords can't do anything to your apt. or your pets. But you'll always wonder when you're out, if your pets are safe. I live in a house with 2 other roommates and I wonder every night when I go out if they're "safe" at home. (One of my roommates is VERY weird which gives me cause for concern.) It's sad to say .. So that is something to consider -- if Jasmine feels the apartment she wants to move into would become a hostile environment after "duking it out" with the landlord over the cat, maybe she would be better off in another cat- or pet-friendly place. Not that I want to discourage Jasmine, of course, but ... peace of mind goes a long ways.

I found out that my landlord snuck into my apartment and I knew he was just checking around for whatever he didn't like. He complained to me several times about noise so I guess he was trying to see what was causing the noise. He is a music producer so he has sensitive hearing. Apparently it was one of my back-up hdd cases with a bit-loud fan.

He came up with a bullshit excuse - "oh I had to fix something in the attic" or "I had to let the electrician in." That's why I don't want to move to a house with landlord living in it anymore. It's too much bullshit to deal with. Apartment complex is better that way.

:mad2:

Thank goodness I'm a home owner

I can have pets with no complaints from a landlord.

:( tax and insurance is a bitch thou.

doctor wouldn't know anything about this. He'll think his doctor note is good enough but unfortunately - this pet is not officially recognized as service animal by law so the landlord has legal rights to refuse the animal. The state is the one who will license your pet as service animal so you need to learn about its laws in order to certify your pet. This superseded doctor's note. ADA has a hotline number so it's good idea to get info from it.

Here's what I found from random search about service animal -

Unless the doctor is familiar with the OP--that sometimes works.

Unless the doctor is familiar with the OP--that sometimes works.

I mean of course the doctor knows the patient which is why he would write the note but I mean most doctors are not usually familiar with ADA law and the whole process.

That's why I keep saying that calling ADA hotline is good idea to obtain all information. Of course - you can try and get a doctor's note as well but it's still good idea to be equipped with legal knowledge and be prepared for it when landlord gets hard-ass and refused to accept doctor's note.

A friend of mine who have usher's symdrome and she does own a cat. One day she received a letter that all tentants is to get rid of the cat or dog. She was shocked and was ready to give up her cat but someone told her that she can get a doctor letter to let her keep the cat. It help her alot and she did and the landlord let her keep the cat but her sister have to move out along with her cats.

A friend of mine who have usher's symdrome and she does own a cat. One day she received a letter that all tentants is to get rid of the cat or dog. She was shocked and was ready to give up her cat but someone told her that she can get a doctor letter to let her keep the cat. It help her alot and she did and the landlord let her keep the cat but her sister have to move out along with her cats.

wtf!?!? he can't just announce that all tenants are to remove the pets. That's just plain damn mean.

before u do any of the asking of the ADA or such you should see if your state has landlord and tenant laws. We do here in canada and in my province and I took that specific course (landlord and tenant law) in school and it states in the law that a landlord can say they do not want pets and refuse you if they know you have a pet when u fill out an app for renting an apartment...BUT if their is a clause in the contract stating *no pets allowed* it is null and void as it is aganst the law to forbid pets in any renting situation in the province of Ontario:)...so double check your laws in your state!

But the problem is. Will the landlord agree?

Jasmine has a hell of a cat. Which I think it is wonderful. My cat just lays around and leave me unexpected presents at my front door.

LOL, Star does that too, leaves me unexpected presents.

Back