I NEED HELP! (job offer)

je_suis_chic

Reaction score
I very much want to learn ASL and I thought I was going to get my chance next school year at my high school. They were offering ASL! I was sooo excited that was the only reason for going to this school. but when We had a high school meeting today the principal said they dont have a teacher to teach ASL. My hart sank and my mind went in to a black whole. ok, I know I sound like im over reacting but im tottaly serious.

ok, now I will get to my point. The principal said I can post this. Im asking if there is anyone with some (you only need a little) teaching education that can teach ASL at NorthWood high school, in silverspring, Maryland. The school only needs a part time teacher. and we need one as soon as possible!

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could e-mail me. I would love to hear from you. If you e-mail me I can give you the principals e-mail address. please!
My e-mail is deafiesrock@aol.com

Thanks you sooooo much!!!
Heather

OHH shoot i would be more than happy to teach over there in MD ... but I am out of range !!! I wish u the best luck to find someone who is willing to take that positions ...

even what make u interest in it ?

Miss-Delectable said:
I believe he meant he's far away from Silverspring, Maryland thus he is not able to work.
put 4 gold star on her forehead ... ofc, I am not in MD ... I am in Mile High City which is in Colorado... smile ...

You could contact MSSD and Gallaudet to see if they can post up a job announcement in their bulletin boards or through their email systems.

Meg said:
You could contact MSSD and Gallaudet to see if they can post up a job announcement in their bulletin boards or through their email systems.
That's very good suggestion why i haven't thought about it in the first place .... look like i need to put my brain to be on :smash: hehe

je_suis_chic -- i am a DC area native now living in Missouri -- and yes from the Silver Spring area -- i know where Northwood HS is -- if u know Susan Gershowitz (spelling qq) -- have u asked if she is still with the MCPS qq last i knew she was teaching ASL at Gaithersburg HS years ago and i dont know if shes still teaching tho -- go talk to the ppl at ur high school and find out if they have anyone they know in the SS area that are known to teach ASL

if i was still living back east i wouldve helped with teaching ASL -- sowwy im no longer in the area to help out :(

fly free,
My school has contacted almost every high school. so i dunno. But northwoood is just reopening next fall. and if they knew anyone is ths SS area we would allready have a teacher. So I hope mabe they will find a teacher for the next year. *sigh* I hope! So, how can I contact Susan Gershowitz? Do your have her e-mail? So I can find out if she still teaches in MCPS schools.

Thanks,
Heather

Last edited:
je_suis_chic said:
fly free,
My school has contacted almost every high school. so i dunno. But northwoood is just reopening next fall. and if they knew anyone is ths SS area we would allready have a teacher. So I hope mabe they will find a teacher for the next year. *sigh* I hope! So, how can I contact Susan Gershowitz? Do your have her e-mail? So I can find out if she still teaches in MCPS schools.

Thanks,
Heather

i have no idea how to get in touch with Susan Gershowitz but u can ask ur HS guidence counselor or someone to call Gaithersburg HS since u had mentioned "..has contacted almost every high school..." so if GHS hasnt been contacted yet, then give them call to find out if Susan Gershowitz is still teaching there -- thats all i can basically suggest and i realize its been so many years since i last heard she was teaching up at GHS but i dont see any reason to try and check with Gaithersburg -- and another thought, perhaps someone from Rockville HS qq i remmy from years ago i had a few friends who were mainstreamed with the MCPS and they went to RHS -- i dont know if RHS still has deaf program (after all its been since the 80s LOL) -- maybe they would be able to point u in the right direction for someone who teaches ASL in the MCPS system -- good luck :D

fly free,
thanks a lot!
I will contact rockville HS. I used to live in rockville. If they have ASL at rockville HS I just might swich high schools. The only reason I was going to northwood was for ASL. So I guess that why im a little pissed off. Thank you!

-Heather (je suis chic)

You'd probably be in luck finding Ms. Gershowitz at QOHS (Quince Orchard High School) located in Gaithersburg/Montgomery County. You can click this for her E-mail address and message her. I am sure that Ms. Gershowitz will be glad to help you and your school getting one or maybe you could transfer to QOHS for that, if that is possible. Good luck! :)

Back