I need buy DVD Player for 1080i or 1080p with CC

That's what I have. DirecTV's HR-20 HighDef DVR. It's great. Captions sucked to start but now they're just fine--on HD and SD. (I hear MPEG4 HD has some problems, but without those channels to test, I don't know.)

Well, digital CC will work for HD channels that is from broadcasting on TV and analog CC for regular tv channels like MTV, Nick, Logo, Fuel TV, Spike or other more.

oh shit, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD not have CC
thanks

you think Blu-Ray and/or HD-DVD have subtitle with black Soild background?

Excuse me, BD movies don't support CC anymore then you just got nothing on 480i.

BD movies are designed for HD, from 720p to 1080p.

Get a life and quit whining about CC issue.

you think Blu-Ray and/or HD-DVD have subtitle with black Soild background?

Actually, Sony does. I hope the other studios will follow suit soon.

All of the studios do use SDH but with no background.

What is SDH ?
I want soild backgounrd becuse some movie white, can't read subtitle. I love CC best than subtitle! if Subtitle got soild bacground then I LOVE BOTH CC and Subtitle! oh well

Actually, Sony does. I hope the other studios will follow suit soon.

All of the studios do use SDH but with no background.

What is SDH ?
I want soild backgounrd becuse some movie white, can't read subtitle. I love CC best than subtitle! if Subtitle got soild bacground then I LOVE BOTH CC and Subtitle! oh well

SDH is called Subtitle for Deaf and HoH.

Digital CC is exclusive to tv channels on almost rest of HDTV, cannot use on component, HDMI, DVI and VGA.

There's no law to make require digital CC on different video source than composite/S-Video.

They're not user-friendly.

Sony use SDH on Blu-Ray and it resemble CC. It has a black background. They even move it around like they would with CC.

But to be honest, I'll rather have SDH. It's the same with DVD. I have a portable DVD player, and there's no CC decoder on it. Sometimes when I travel, I will bring a portable DVD player with me. Portable DVD players in general don't have CC decoders. I don't recall any that featured such a thing.

That's why it's better to have SDH because it guarantee you will get access, no matter what situation you are in. With CC, you can't get that guarantee.

One of the things I like about CC vs. subtitles is that CC usually puts the text of who is speaking under them or toward them. Do these new subtitles do that? Or does it just depend?

You're a wealth of information in this area, by the way, and I appreciate it. :ty:

Hello Guys,

I need buy DVD Player with 1080i or 1080p with Closed Caption but not subtitle, any you have dvd player, what company and model?

I know some HDMI or Component video with 1080i/p are not working closed caption

any

Hello, I'm new forum. Are you looking for DVD player upscale 1080p with CC? Hmm... If you are really so bad for 1080p with CC? You can get a Mini Mac. It's support DVD Player built in CC. Also you can use DVI to HDMI! I often use DVD library storage from my Mac Pro.

One of the things I like about CC vs. subtitles is that CC usually puts the text of who is speaking under them or toward them. Do these new subtitles do that? Or does it just depend?

Well, I can say that Sony does all of these that you just described on the Blu-Ray format.

I always try to let people know the difference between SDH and English Subtitles. When you see the 'SDH' symbol on the back of a DVD case, that indicates that it will provide the same information you would find on a DVD with CC.

I can say that most has yet to add a background to the subtitles. I'll really like to see that someday, Sony is the only one who do add a black background to the subtitles. Some of them are easy to read, some aren't so easy. I think it's just a matter of time before they realize that especially when they are making SDH the standard on high-def formats.

However, one feature I'm looking foward to the fact they will be making it possible for the people to download subtitles that aren't available on any particular Blu-Ray movie. I'm not sure how it'll work but I think it will be a good feature and useful to many people including hearing people.

Well, I can say that Sony does all of these that you just described on the Blu-Ray format.

I always try to let people know the difference between SDH and English Subtitles. When you see the 'SDH' symbol on the back of a DVD case, that indicates that it will provide the same information you would find on a DVD with CC.

Banjo, I am asking a question about "SDH on Sony Pictures for Blu-ray": I am very curious, I want to know how Sony Pictures on Blu-ray does like Universal Studios for DVD-format have SDH style just this like across the left, center, right that just like Line-21 captioning that would do same goes for Sony?
I knew about one thing: solid back-ground subtitles. I would wish open-caption theaters should have a black-background because the captioning that cannot
read over the white screen that means, "I don't understand what it
said? I missed that words what it said."

Yes, I know same Windows XP Media Center Edtion, Vista ULtmate and Home Primuem too but they are not perfect 21 Line

Hello, I'm new forum. Are you looking for DVD player upscale 1080p with CC? Hmm... If you are really so bad for 1080p with CC? You can get a Mini Mac. It's support DVD Player built in CC. Also you can use DVI to HDMI! I often use DVD library storage from my Mac Pro.

Banjo, I am asking a question about "SDH on Sony Pictures for Blu-ray": I am very curious, I want to know how Sony Pictures on Blu-ray does like Universal Studios for DVD-format have SDH style just this like across the left, center, right that just like Line-21 captioning that would do same goes for Sony?
I knew about one thing: solid back-ground subtitles. I would wish open-caption theaters should have a black-background because the captioning that cannot
read over the white screen that means, "I don't understand what it
said? I missed that words what it said."

There's short answer is... no no no no no...

SDH is just stand for explain on sounds, it doesn't make black solid background, though.

Like rhr said, it's not perfect 21 lines.

Only TV support it.

Yes, I know same Windows XP Media Center Edtion, Vista ULtmate and Home Primuem too but they are not perfect 21 Line

I hate Windows XP Media Center Edition. Make me headache many mess up system.. It wasn't smooth PC and stupid scale size and switch player. I like Mac's DVD Player. Those font is smooth text the perfect 21 line. Very simply Mac!

I knew any DVD player won't built in decoder CC. HTPC and Mac provide people use CC and upscale 1080p. Cable box has already built in the decoder CC and Dish is just latest product upgrade the decoder CC this year.

Which you say MAC's DVD Player is AppleTV or Computer?

I hate Windows XP Media Center Edition. Make me headache many mess up system.. It wasn't smooth PC and stupid scale size and switch player. I like Mac's DVD Player. Those font is smooth text the perfect 21 line. Very simply Mac!

I knew any DVD player won't built in decoder CC. HTPC and Mac provide people use CC and upscale 1080p. Cable box has already built in the decoder CC and Dish is just latest product upgrade the decoder CC this year.

Last edited:
Which you say MAC's DVD Player is AppleTV or Computer?

You know better AppleTV limited 720p and can't use DVD disc. Mini Mac, MacPro, and Macbook can use (DVD Player software).

let you know, lot of problem

ATSC Bulti-in CC
CC for 480i to 1080i, work

DVR Bulti-in CC
CC for 480i to 1080i, work

B U T

Player version:
DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray will work only 480i alone

Windows XP Media Center Edtion and Vista Utlmate & Home Premium version:
They will work DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray up to 1080p !!!! but lousy CC, I need Fucation CC (size, color, fonts, etc..) but not perfect 21 line

Any you have DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray Player BULTI-IN CC to 1080i/p same like DVR set-box??

between Out CC or In CC

DVR, Set-box, ASTC HDTV, Media Center Edtion are IN CC

DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray are OUT CC only, I need IN CC

Hmm. I just wonder. Why spend $$ on hd-dvd or blu-ray players. Why not buy hd-dvd/blu-ray-ROM and put inside MCE computer?

LIke that

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 12X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 12X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-R 24X CD-RW 32X CD-ROM SATA 2X Blu-ray Disc Triple DVD Burner - Retail

Yeah, I know but I want combo HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, it is more $$$$$$$$ I will wait down price this fall or next year, I remember CD-Rom 4 X 4 cost $800! right now rw-DVD $24 same like hd-dvd and blu-ray will drop soon

Hmm. I just wonder. Why spend $$ on hd-dvd or blu-ray players. Why not buy hd-dvd/blu-ray-ROM and put inside MCE computer?

LIke that

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 12X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 12X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-ROM 32X CD-R 24X CD-RW 32X CD-ROM SATA 2X Blu-ray Disc Triple DVD Burner - Retail

LIke that

It is NOT HD-DVD, only Blu-Ray. Good luck on waiting for price to drop for combo HD-DVD/Blu-Ray. I believe LG is the only company that makes HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo player but it's very pricey (Retail $1300).

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv|audio|video_digital%20video__BH100.jhtml

Peter

It is NOT HD-DVD, only Blu-Ray. Good luck on waiting for price to drop for combo HD-DVD/Blu-Ray. I believe LG is the only company that makes HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo player but it's very pricey (Retail $1300).

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv|audio|video_digital%20video__BH100.jhtml

Peter

Duh! That's all I found at newegg.com so far.

Back