I like being single

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
How many time have you met a guy or gal who told you that they like being single? Does this make you go away? You know, get frustrated as you're looking for a relationship and they tell you they like being single. Do you continue on and hope that you can convince them that you're different from other people that made them happy to be single? Did your current or former Single Other at one point claim that they were happy being single?

How about the "friendship" first before "relationship" start? You wouldn't want to get hurt if, you want a relationship to go first, would you? Lol

Been both ways...single and married...then divorced....Seriously, I like being Single. Could be that it's I'm so very independent and any Drama really irks me to the core....Plus, I like my "alone" time too. Feel living and being alone does build character somewhat.

Been both ways...single and married...then divorced....Seriously, I like being Single. Could be that it's I'm so very independent and any Drama really irks me to the core....Plus, I like my "alone" time too. Feel living and being alone does build character somewhat.

it does, and I agree, i dont have to be 'needy' or need a partner of convenience which a lot of people do, to 'look normal' THAT irks me to the core.

and ban the "marriage" industry, that would put a lot of lawyers poor, governments will have far less control of people than they do now too...

I don't actually know any happy single people.

Now you do! (Although not personally) There are some of us who are fine being extroverted to everybody, maybe I'm missing something... only time will tell and hit me with a reality check! :lol:

Now you do! (Although not personally) There are some of us who are fine being extroverted to everybody, maybe I'm missing something... only time will tell and hit me with a reality check! :lol:

Could be because I am older and married forever, the similar people are the ones I know.

you assessment to you quality trust to friends long times think so 10 year but sometimes failure to people have issues single or relationship, no matter choice to up to your want to choice to change your mind. so what to you need to prefer to your own.

Hmmm...........

Being single, an interesting topic. I guess you would have to be out there "looking" , if your not, then I would purport you are ok with your relationship status. That being said, you CAN meet some of the most amazing people in the strangest places.

I have a pure bred Boxer (non turbo) he is a full time job in and of himself. Someone would need to pass the "boxer acceptance test" in order to even be friends with.

Love being single, but it does get a bit tiring after 8 years. Never mind that, I love being unattached, and NO KIDS! Singledom really does allow me to travel all over the world, especially on my own.

How many time have you met a guy or gal who told you that they like being single? Does this make you go away? You know, get frustrated as you're looking for a relationship and they tell you they like being single. Do you continue on and hope that you can convince them that you're different from other people that made them happy to be single? Did your current or former Single Other at one point claim that they were happy being single?

Derek, you need to also consider the fact that there have been changes in the general lifestyle for some individuals. I realize that some couples have been married very young and I respect that, it is their own decision to make in life. Just saying that I'm only 24 and I can't imagine being married with a family right now at my own age. I am very busy as is, having two part-time jobs and full-time school. I am finishing out my Associate's degree next spring with the Bachelor's and Master's degrees to go after that. I don't get much time to myself and when I do, I just want to do low-maintenance activity or get sleep to "re-charge." I don't have the time or patience to deal with relationship drama, period. I want to enjoy life while I still can. Love just happens when you're not looking for it or expecting it to happen. Don't force it to happen--you will never develop a genuine spark. By the time I am done with my Master's degree I will be in my early 30's. If I am still single at the time, great. If I am in a relationship at the time, that's great too. I think that the idea to find love, marry and get settled down by a specific age is overrated. Love happens at all stages, not just in the 20's and 30's. If it happens, it happens. Don't fight the flow--just go with it.

If someone told me they like being single and I happen to like them I would move on. I would take it that guy like having his own space and does not want to be in an one on one relationship . He rather be free to date any woman or guy he felt like or not date at all. I would not want to date someone that told he like being single , to me it mean he is too set in his own way and that is their right. If you really want to met a woman you should more time going out meeting new people and maybe take a class or volunteer at someplace have an interest in, like a cat shelter .

I know plenty that are really better off being single. I even know plenty that refused to have another relationship. That is, plenty of my friends. It is really hard to find right mate. Best start with friend, then let it ride and never know what would happen next.

Patience is key.

I was single for six years, and I loved it. Now, I'm in a relationship, and it took me long time to actually accept it, but I couldn't let her go. Sometimes I admit I miss the single-life. Maybe I'm weird, but...

Derek, you need to also consider the fact that there have been changes in the general lifestyle for some individuals. I realize that some couples have been married very young and I respect that, it is their own decision to make in life. Just saying that I'm only 24 and I can't imagine being married with a family right now at my own age. I am very busy as is, having two part-time jobs and full-time school. I am finishing out my Associate's degree next spring with the Bachelor's and Master's degrees to go after that. I don't get much time to myself and when I do, I just want to do low-maintenance activity or get sleep to "re-charge." I don't have the time or patience to deal with relationship drama, period. I want to enjoy life while I still can. Love just happens when you're not looking for it or expecting it to happen. Don't force it to happen--you will never develop a genuine spark. By the time I am done with my Master's degree I will be in my early 30's. If I am still single at the time, great. If I am in a relationship at the time, that's great too. I think that the idea to find love, marry and get settled down by a specific age is overrated. Love happens at all stages, not just in the 20's and 30's. If it happens, it happens. Don't fight the flow--just go with it.

I agree , I was not really looking for someone to date it just happen on it own. I was in Boston with a g/f and we ran into a guy I went to grade school with . He was a funny looking kid and his butt was way too big for him. He grew into his butt and was a handsome 6'4" guy . I lost weight and the guy could not believe it was me and we talk a bit and exchange phone # and took it from there. Either one of us where was looking for someone ,but 20 years later we run into one another and we started dating.

It just people who prefer being single to avoid the trouble and make thing easy on their life.

But anyone (not 100%) will feel so needy.

It just people who prefer being single to avoid the trouble and make thing easy on their life.

But anyone (not 100%) will feel so needy.

Yeah some people just like to stay to their self and not date at all. I knew some women that never dated , one was way too shy and the other rather stay home caring for her father as he grew old . She was a beautiful woman and could found a guy , she just did not want to.

I know several people who are satisfied with their single lives, and, as far as I know, are thriving individuals.

For myself, I'm very happily married to TCS. :)

When I was younger, my goal in life was not to be married and have a family--it just happened.

Back