i hear the Sun

I notice "synth" in the middle of your name. Synesthesia?

Hi. :) I do have synestesia yes, but my name is SynthFreq becuase I program and compose music (my whole life) with electronic musical synthesizers from the 80s. Also 'Freq' means 'frequency' as well as it sounds like the word 'freak' so I used the word 'freq' as it relates to synthesizers, and it sounds like 'freak' since I am a 'freak' or fanatic about anything synthesizer and 80s music related. lol
Anyway, synthesizers, like the Roland Jupiter-8 and Roland D-50 as well as many others, are designed to be programmed by the user, with parameter data and the user/musician can control every aspect of a sound in order to make a new one, or attempt to make 'realistic' sounds. Synthesizers allow for a user to program how a sound starts, continues and ends. First an oscillator or sound generator must be used. Basic waveshapes such as a Sine wave or Square wave can be chosen as the basis of the sound to be created. When you get a hearing test or audio gram, a sine wave is what you are hearing. A since wave is used in a hearing test since a sine wave has only one harmonic, its fundamental frequency and its a pure tone since there are no other harmonics present. Each waveform has certain harmonic content which end up giving it a shape. Once the waveform is chosen, filtering can be done to either add to or take away frequencies to make a sound anywhere from very bright with high frequencies added, or very dull with mostly just lower frequencies heard. After that, the only thing left is the amp. In a synthesizer there is a signal path ending with an amplifier. This only determines how loud the sound will be over time, if it fades or not, and how much time it takes for the sound to complete its amplitude specifications set by the programmer. With synthesizers musicians can make any sound they can imagine with endless possibilities. :)

:D

Dunno what to make of this!...My boys have perfect hearing and have never heard this before....

Hi. :)
I live with a hearing friend and she cant hear it at all either. I am trying to think of a way to connect my hearing aids to a recording device on the computer and then go outside in the sunlight and record it so that the audie can hear it for themselves too.

It has to be the filter. Can you use a diffeent kind of filter? Lights do make sounds , some are more noisy than othere. When I could hear( before u were born) I could hear some light bulbs and transmission lines too. We lived right next to the high power lines and always would hear that buzz coming from them. The sun has its own energy and would be noticeable bouncing off different surfaces, almost like sonar!. Try a spot aluminum foil to block off the waves that reach your aids. But then you may start picking up radio stations, not bad if you ghet free sirus

Hi. :)
Well, I thought it was the filters too, but its impossible. My sister's hearing aids, the same as mine, still have the filters in them, and she can hear the sun and lightbulbs too. I can too with and without the filters in.
Hey, free Sirus radio on the hearing aids? sweet idea. LOL
I always listen to 80s music throughout the day. I use my Icom so much that the 675 batteries need to be replaced often. Got to have 80s music. :)

Yep, the sun has its own energy and every planet does too, different frequencies. The sun is the frequency of the note 'B'.

The filters are missing. I imagine they were there for a reason in the first place.

Hi :)
Well, the filters are only there to help with wind noise, and to make the hearing aids 'water resistant'. The filters dont really change the way everything sounds or is amplified until they need to be changed. Mine are over a year old now, and they must be replaced, but until I can get new filters, I have to wear my hearing aids without the filters just so I can hear with them. As soon as I removed the filters, all the high frequency sounds that I wasnt able to hear, were there again and I was pleased. I started to worry that my hearing aids were broken.
There is also a filter where the battery is, its the same as the ones on the microphones, I even switched them since the battery filter was in better shape than the mic ones.
And the thing is, is that with and without the filters, I 'hear' and 'sense' the sun and lightbulbs, my sister can too. So that kind of rules out the filters as the culprit of this strange little issue. lol

When I was younger, we had a broken door microwave(I believe it fell apart and my mom put it together again, and since then that's when I started hearing it) . Everytime someone turn it on to use it, I hear this buzzing noises. I asked my family - Mom, dad, sisters/brothers if they hear it, and all of them told me no. I think my hearing aid was picking up the radiation or something. I don't know if this the case with you, especially it is possible your hearing aid have a defect.

hi. :)

Hhmm, thats really interesting, sounds kind of dangerous to have a broken microwave though.
I certainly hope that my hearing aids dont have a defect, becuase both my hearing aids as well as my sister's hearing aids have the same issue. It would be a crazy situation for 4 Naida V UPs, (2 pairs) to have the same exact issue.
Who knows.

yeah it is. but oh well.. my mother thought she put everything together like it was.

Jenny (and i have occasionally too) finds that she can 'hear' a camera flash. Perhaps it has something to do with how powerful the UPs are, or because they have frequency transposition??
*EQL*

Am I the only one who can hear the sound of one hand clapping????

"I hear the sun"? Really? Sun beam to your ear and it sizzle! :lol:

Yes this sometimes happens to me. check to see if you are in a tcoil+mic setting - it could be part of it.

That aside, this does happen to me. As Lisa said I hear camera flashes - very loudly at that. I have no florescent lights in my apartment because i can hear those if close enough, and for other reasons. I am yet to hear the sun but perhaps I am too Deaf for that.

From what the orginal poster has described sounds like inference with the electromagnetic/radiation from the sun. Maybe it needs to be calibrated/adjusted to avoid that fequency of the sun. I never heard of that case before...maybe talk to the audiologist about that issue?

I plan on making a trip to the audiologist to get new filters, since now my hearing aids are 'shorting out' with any kind of static, even my hair makes them short out and stop working altogether. This happened a lot when I first got them, with new filters and all. My sister too had this issue. Today while in the cab on the way home, I heard the sun through the window that was closed. Since sunlight can go through glass with little to block it, I still heard it loudly the glass and it just as loud as being outside.
Anyway, I am going to let my audiologist know and see if some of the low frequencies can be turned down just a little. My sister will have to do the same thing since she hears the sun too and her hearing aids are doing the same exact thing as mine.
I will post a short explaination of what the audiologist says and what can be done.

:)

Back