i have some questions

friendlymom21

Reaction score
Me and my bf are deaf parent of 2 month old hearing daughter its our first child i want to know will it be easy to commucate with her by voice and sign so she'll know we're deaf and sign so we know what she want or need by now and growin??

at home i mostly put my baby to sleep with us or in her own crib so would u suggest use a vibrate alarm or light so know she cryin i heard some say put the baby to sleep with u in bed?

how long does it take for babies develop more sign whatever u teach them?

when the baby father goes to work and come home like everyday do u think our child will understand that and not feel left out by her father??

Is that normal for babies cried when mommies or daddies have go work then come back home excited?

Me and my bf are deaf parent of 2 month old hearing daughter its our first child i want to know will it be easy to commucate with her by voice and sign so she'll know we're deaf and sign so we know what she want or need by now and growin??

at home i mostly put my baby to sleep with us or in her own crib so would u suggest use a vibrate alarm or light so know she cryin i heard some say put the baby to sleep with u in bed?

how long does it take for babies develop more sign whatever u teach them?

when the baby father goes to work and come home like everyday do u think our child will understand that and not feel left out by her father??

Is that normal for babies cried when mommies or daddies have go work then come back home excited?

Well, your baby is only 2 months old. She doesn't understand yet. You teach her and you are a mother now. I have 2 kids, they are grow up now.

Anyway, if you can't hear baby cry and I think it is good idea to get vibrate. If your baby sleep in crib, you may want to get vibrate.

Babies do cried when mommy and daddy leaves, but not always. When my daughter was a baby, she doesn't understand why I'm going to work. Now she is 4 yrs old, she get mad at me for going to work. She told me, " Don't go to work" and then she cried. It is normal for child behave like that. All babies are different develops. You can go ahead teach your baby to learn sign language and don't wait when she get older. Just go ahead do it and teach her everything. That is what parents for.

Well, your baby is only 2 months old. She doesn't understand yet. You teach her and you are a mother now. I have 2 kids, they are grow up now.

Anyway, if you can't hear baby cry and I think it is good idea to get vibrate. If your baby sleep in crib, you may want to get vibrate.

Babies do cried when mommy and daddy leaves, but not always. When my daughter was a baby, she doesn't understand why I'm going to work. Now she is 4 yrs old, she get mad at me for going to work. She told me, " Don't go to work" and then she cried. It is normal for child behave like that. All babies are different develops. You can go ahead teach your baby to learn sign language and don't wait when she get older. Just go ahead do it and teach her everything. That is what parents for.

I agree with everything. I have a 1 year old and he is starting to understand and has separation anxiety whenever my husband and I leave even if it is to go upstairs. As soon as we are out of his vision, he will stop crying and play with his toys. It is around 2 years old is when they cry a lot longer.

Did u put the baby in bed with both of you at night? That is not a good idea cuz what if one of u roll over on top of the baby and suffocate her. Also, she will soon start to roll over and can roll off of the bed. Best to put her in a basinette in your room or in her own crib with a flashing or vibrating baby monitor.

My son just started signing even though he doesnt really know what they mean. He is just copying our signs but when we sign some basic signs to him, he seems to recognize some of them.

Hope all this helps! :)

I have done research, and talk with several deaf parents with hearing kids. I found out one thing in common. Those who don't teach sign language to their hearing kids REGRET big time in later time, because when they become advanced, it gets harder to understand lipread them, and the communication start to break down. So... once they learn sign language, then it won't happen.

Me and LT raised our only son, and we love him like crazy, and he learns ASL, and we don't just quiet down. We do make alot noises normally and this makes our son used to it and think its no big deal! It worked, I am glad that I took many of good advices.

All babies are different. Some babies learn earlier. Some learn later. As soon as the baby is fully aware of his or her surroundings, signing may help with communication.

Friendlymom 21,

I agree with Shel90, never put baby sleep with you. I put my kids in crib when they were baby. Just teach your baby and don't wait. You will be regret.It takes time when your baby understand you. All babies are different develop. Both my kids are different develop. When my son was a baby, he start to walk when he was 8 and 1/2 months old . When my daughter was a baby, she start to walk when she was almost 11 months old and she doesn't hold her till she was 9 months old! My son hold his bottle when he was 4 or 5 months old. See the difference.

anytime you can teach your baby... just say milk, mom, Dada, i love you... simple light.. baby will speak blabbe words.. so cute..
Trying to communcation with you... cute!

you can get baby cry alarm vibrate nearest your local Deaf Community services something like that...

Welcome parent club!

Your baby will know, but the best advise I can say and tell u, and it is really more on the babie's benitfits. Call your closest ECI(Early Childhood Involvment) and ask if they could help you with your dauther's speach. Only problem with them, soon as you call them and set it up, they get mad if you miss to many appt or cancel too many. They are good overall, cause they help you with activties to play with your kid and come to the house. They also work with CPS too, so if CPS getts a call on you and your man, ECI can back your side up, just would be hard to get them out of the house for good till your child is 3. It helped a lot for my son, but then again, I am hearing.

I have taught my son many signs when he was a baby but he was so stubborn! LOL! His first sign was bath..OFC he LOVES water!!! He was squeal when it was a bath time! Too cute!

My good friend, her adopted son, he is only 11 months old and KNOWS almost 40 signs! I fell off the chair! OMG! He is soo smart boy! Even he can talk soo well. I am so impressed with her teaching her adopted son signs and ofc verbal too.

So every babies are different...some babies can be stubborn some aren't.

So just enjoy your new baby and teach her as much as you can. Most important is milk, mommy, daddy, sister/brother, dog/cat, something is in the household then can teach more when she pick up signs. It worked for us. I am still teaching my son signs. Some signs he made up, so I had to teach him in correct way...he said ohh okay..thanks mommy...:)

Never know he know almost all of ASL and become interpreter one day. :)

I am a hearing parent of a deaf child but have lots of deaf friends with kids both hearing and deaf. Research has proven that regardless of whether a child is hearing or deaf they will pick up signs quick and from quite a young age. Also it cuts down and frustration because they can communicate their wants and needs from an early age and it also increases their intelligence.

All babies are different and will develop signs at different paces. But the more you sign the quicker your child will pick it up.

My Auslan teacher and his wife are both Deaf with 3 hearing children aged 6, 3 and newborn. His children are bilingual. They have regular meetings with a speech therapist to make sure their spoken language is developing appropriately which it is because they have so much outside access to spoken language ie. extended family members, preschool, TV, friends etc. But you are the ones that can give your child the beautiful gift of sign language.

Back