I have a question.

someone090

Reaction score
Hello,
this is a very unusual question. I am not deaf myself, I post regularly on some MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) forum and a person made a thread in which he said that he knows by lipreading what Chris Weidman said after he beat Anderson Silva. And I said that there is no way he can say that by lipreading if he is not a professional lipreader. So I hope it is okay for you to help me out with this since I know that lipreading is an art and not everybody can do it. The funny thing is that 99 % of the people (probably 200 or 300) who answered in that thread (on the MMA forum) agreed with the Thread starter (!!!!) as if they could all lipread as well.
So here is the short video, please tell me what you think the guy says:
https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/r/vi...p4?versionId=Bd44LmvR8pf.IVqBesO1NKFYs.IFxLd8

Thank you in advance :aw:

The guy on the MMA forum said that Weidman said "That disrespectful piece of sh*t" (excuse my french, but I have to quote him).
Anybody can confirm that the guy in the video says anything remotely close to that? Because when I try to read his lips I have no idea what he is saying. Simply because I do not know how to lipread. People could as well say he said "my birthday is next saturday" and I still have no idea if that is what he is saying.

By the way, my sister learned sign language many years ago, I am not an expert, so I do not know how many people communicate through sign language or lipreading. I am confident some people have an idea of what that video shows (what the guy is saying).

Thanks

I'm not a "professional" lip reader and I'm not even deaf, but English is my second language so I spent YEARS watching people's lips to help me understand English, aaaaaaaaaanddd

he said "disrespectful piece of shit".

:laugh2:

i unable to get that link...i not best lip reader but shit and F off not that hard to read when boys school nearbye i see hundreds walking passed and only seem to use those two words

Thank you for the replies first of all.
I know this sounds crazy, but can you please tell me how lipreading works for you and if you can lipread everything that a person says?
The problem is this: I didn't want to post at first that the guy in the MMA forum said that Weidman said "that disrespectful piece of sh*t" because I didn't want to influence anybody here in a certain direction.
Because if you say that he said that, and then you watch the clip, then you might somehow interpret it into the video.

And here is my question: is it 100 % possible to say he said exactly that or is it possible he said something similar?
I am amazed how people have such skills as lipreading because I watched the clip 10 or 15 times and if I myself just try to guess what he said, then I have to admit that I have no idea what came out of his mouth.

i would have difficulty i think he had mouth shild in.but it do look like that

why is it so important to you? just curious

It is not "so important" to me but I just thought it would be hilarious how somebody claims something and 99 % of the people in the thread believe them. (as happened in the MMA thread)
But it looks they were right.

i unable to get that link...i not best lip reader but shit and F off not that hard to read when boys school nearbye i see hundreds walking passed and only seem to use those two words

:laugh2: Oh cazzie, you made me laugh so hard!

i wondered why it important,when someone kicked shit out of you or visa versa i dont think need be lip reader understand what said

Back