I had three oprations

Sweetmind said:
MY POINT is... Do they really feel sorry for this person? I THINK NOT! I have my right to say it aloud since they dont have any good valid points in my topic. All they bashed and insulted/ namecalled to a direct person who cares so much. While I didnt until you think I m not taking it serious so I had to point that out for a good reasonable strong point of view of what audism people did it all along. And you told lies about us Deaf people and Deaf Community about being against CIers. Of course I am very against CI device on those Deaf children s nonchoice.

They dont feel sorry for those CI failure deaf children at young age and dump them into your trashy cans as far as I can see it very clear. They dont care or dont even help them at all after the parents were lost and did not know what next steps to take.

I have seen some parents who do not sign with their CI failure deaf child and their written english is not very good. This kid is still in Mainstream and use an SEE interpreter in the classroom only. SEE is artificial language that relates to a spoken language. There is something very seriously wrong going on and I am not very comfortable with this sticky situation. It is not a two way street. Also NO information about Deaf community that we can provide them with a very positive outlook that we all are Deaf people of Deaf community that cares about them. The information was hidden for a long, long time and wasn't shared with the parents. We did our job but no one even sees it I dont understand why.Thats why there is too many oralism rules and has to be their way all the time after all it is not the solution yet to avoid making the same mistakes.

Thats why I am here, because I want to help and educate them to get as much information as I can offer them to read with all my heart. Thats their choice to think of their best interest for the deaf child 's sake that comes first.

I know some parents do regret making a mistake and they wont admit because it s very painful for them. That's understandable and I dont blame parents 100 percent. Therefore, they are not the blamed for it 100 percent only since they didnt know any better and realized they got in with the wrong crowd in some ways. I m sure they read my writings that shows I do care for their Deaf children. NO matter what you think of me.

MODERATOR: I feel as though you are trying to control or overpower me and I am somewaht bothered by that. I dont think I should have to agree with everyone here. I think it is ok to agree to disagree. I m here to make the point and how I feel. NO one can stop me after all they dont have any respect for CI failure Deaf children.

I feel like You did not say anything to all the members that were rude/nasty / oppressive/ discriminative towards me. I dont think I should have to refrain, after all I am very strong supporter for Deaf children and Deaf community that saves my life. So I feel as though it s my job to save those Children from harm or the destruction ( for lack of a better word) of their true identity and language that works for both sides of the community that is possible to make the difference.

Let the children have their own Deaf spirit to make them feel good about themselves for being deaf. Deaf children can do anything except hear.

I am not talking about this lady which I havent said anything yet about her.

Im talking about Deaf children going through surgery for that reason..it is the wrong reason, let them have a HA if thats their choice.

Thank you very much! ;) :ty:
Sweetmind

I honestly think what you said in here was harsh. This isn't about you. If you have something to vent about CIs then you need to create a thread about how you feel about CIs not go against Lizasoul. Liza is speaking personally about her surgeries. If you got something nice to say then say it. Don't go "bashing" in here. You think the mod is controlling you? no.. The fact is you are harsh in this thread. I'm not trying to be mean but I felt something needed to be said so I said it. You can speak all you want but not in this thread. Hold it off to another new thread.

Roadrunner said:
Sorry to know that you've had to go through all this process over and over--hopefully now you're able to do better, are you doing a bit better than where you were before the operations?

Do hang in there and welcome to Alldeaf! ;)
RoadRunner, she told me that she was being forced to get the surgery by her parents. She told my fiancee that she wanted the cochlear implant removed. She told Sweetmind another story. Everybody I know who has talked to her tells me that she told them each a different story. When things like that happen, I have no idea what to believe out of her.

gnulinuxman said:
RoadRunner, she told me that she was being forced to get the surgery by her parents. She told my fiancee that she wanted the cochlear implant removed. She told Sweetmind another story. Everybody I know who has talked to her tells me that she told them each a different story. When things like that happen, I have no idea what to believe out of her.

Whatever 'you' may know (outside of AD), bringing it in here isn't really appropriate...it's better for the 'one' person whom it concerns with mention whatsoever a situation may be in their own words. (as for many of us, we'll see things differently but usually see the same overall concept/idea of what's being discussed in any thread here in AD)

Also, another point--when 'word' of something goes down a line (a group of friends 'one at a time'), usually things may be added or taken from the original comment/concept which brings up another good reason to not say anything--in some cases, the 'truth' will be revealed or will come out IF that's such the case--for now, the first 'post' in this thread is what AD'ers should 'see' here. Hopefully that'll clear this up. ;)

~RR

gnulinuxman said:

I personally know an ignorant member here yet I don't call that member out just because I have a "trade secret" knowledge about them.

Zip it before you get yourself arrested. I know exactly what you said in your first post in this thread and I'll gladly tell you exactly what I think of you in person. Now the question is can you really tell me what you think of us in person? My magic 8-ball says:

doubtful.gif

RebelGirl said:
I honestly think what you said in here was harsh. This isn't about you. If you have something to vent about CIs then you need to create a thread about how you feel about CIs not go against Lizasoul. Liza is speaking personally about her surgeries. If you got something nice to say then say it. Don't go "bashing" in here. You think the mod is controlling you? no.. The fact is you are harsh in this thread. I'm not trying to be mean but I felt something needed to be said so I said it. You can speak all you want but not in this thread. Hold it off to another new thread.

:werd: I agree...

^Angel^ said:
:werd: I agree...

Lizasoul does lots of whining in the deafchat.. now she is whining here.. i do not see the middle finger in here..... she lied to her mother.. same thing happened in deafchat...

Thanks!!!

SxyPorkie

Welcome Liza.

You poor love, 3 operations! Glad that they fixed things in the end though. How long ago did that happen?

This is CERTAINLY NOT !!!!!! sarcastic or in any way demeaning. This is how normal people express compassion for each other, not pity.
Especially that the poster ends with "Glad that they fixed things.."
The poster simply expresses sympathy for someone who instead of having one reagular surgery was unfortunate enough to get complications and ended up with more than one. Which is rather uncommon occurence.
Nothing inapropriate about that.

For gosh sake read with UNDERSTANDING, wait at least half an hr before sending your reply into space Lisasoul.

And you Sweetmind with your eternal complains... for GOD's sake you are not a doctor, you have no way of knowing whether or not Lisasoul would hear with CI or not, and how well, so BACK OFF!!!
you have NO RIGHTS to criticize anyone for getting CI or HAs or for making just an empty hole in their head if they wish so.
and listen to Roadrunner 'cos he is SO RIGHT! about you.
You are a bully, an ASL Nazi who want the whole deaf world to be deaf as a post, limited to visual ways of communicating only. How ridiculous is that.
I don't know what is more frustrating than a deaf who struggles to communicate with hearing people because his only ways is via ASL.
Hearing people ARE NOT going to learn ASL world wide or even nationwide forget nation- statewide, citywide -for you deaf, so wake up and smell the coffee!
Also since when being able to hear a little is a bad thing, limiting to the deaf person? You should have you head examined.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
This is CERTAINLY NOT !!!!!! sarcastic or in any way demeaning. This is how normal people express compassion for each other, not pity.
The poster simply expresses sympathy for someone who instead of having one reagular surgery was unfortunate enough to get complications and ended up with more than one. Which is rather uncommon occurence.

For gosh sake read with UNDERSTANDING, wait at least half an hr before sending your reply into space Lisasoul.

And you Sweetmind with your eternal complains... for GOD's sake you are not a doctor, you have no way of knowing whether or not Lisasoul would hear with CI or not, and how well, so BACK OFF!!!
you have NO RIGHTS to criticize anyone for getting CI or HAs or for making just an empty hole in their head if they wish so.
You are a bully, an ASL Nazi who want the whole deaf world to be deaf as a post, limited to visual ways of communicating only. How ridiculous is that.
I don't know what is more frustrating than a deaf who struggles to communicate with hearing people because his only ways is via ASL.
Hearing people ARE NOT going to learn ASL world wide or even nationwide forget nation- statewide, citywide -for you deaf, so wake up and smell the coffee!
Also since when being able to hear a little is a bad thing, limiting to the deaf person? You should have you head examined.

Fuzzy
Excellent Fuzzy... I agree with you. I've put it down in other words elsewhere as you might have noticed..

Now, calm down, here's a bag, over your mouth - and nose - and now ... breath in.... breath out...... breath in.... breath out...... breath in.... breath out...... breath in.... breath out...

OK... fixed..

C U later

(breathing easier) Thanks Cloggy. yes I've read your reply, it's good, but I so needed to add mine.
It is unbeliveable to what lenght Sweetmind will go to fulfill her selfish actions.
She thinks she is helping deaf children. In fact going to the other extreme is NOT helping.

Fuzzy

Roadrunner said:
Obviously this shows being off-topic in this thread--if you don't have anything to say in regards to the person who created this thread, then don't respond in here and ramble on about some 'other' issue(s) when it has no bearing to the thread itself. ;)

As for you assuming that I'm controlling you, overpowering you...tsk tsk, that's something I would never do or would ever have the desire to do--I simply was trying to point out something quite useful, helpful, whereas hoping that you'd see it and be able to comply and correspond accordingly from a peaceful perspective. ;)

Peace out.

~RR
Thanks you for being so understanding.

Audiofuzzy said:
(breathing easier) Thanks Cloggy. yes I've read your reply, it's good, but I so needed to add mine.
It is unbeliveable to what lenght Sweetmind will go to fulfill her selfish actions.
She thinks she is helping deaf children. In fact going to the other extreme is NOT helping.

Fuzzy
audiofuzzy, it is not R2D2's post that they are mad at. It was gnu's post that he made a harsh comment to her but was deleted by the moderator. That's why we don't see that deleted message. I saw gnu's post before it was deleted.

Audiofuzzy said:

Fuzzy

EXCELLENT post!!! I couldn't agree more.

audiofuzzy, it is not R2D2's post that they are mad at. It was gnu's post that he made a harsh comment to her but was deleted by the moderator. That's why we don't see that deleted message. I saw gnu's post before it was deleted.

Oh I see - my apologies then to Lisasoul.

Fuzzy

Roadrunner said:
Obviously this shows being off-topic in this thread--if you don't have anything to say in regards to the person who created this thread, then don't respond in here and ramble on about some 'other' issue(s) when it has no bearing to the thread itself. ;)

As for you assuming that I'm controlling you, overpowering you...tsk tsk, that's something I would never do or would ever have the desire to do--I simply was trying to point out something quite useful, helpful, whereas hoping that you'd see it and be able to comply and correspond accordingly from a peaceful perspective. ;)

Peace out.

~RR

agreed :)

It is one thing to allow a person to choose to use an auditory device, but i see that it is unfair to decide for any individual to have a surgery that changes their physical properties. Once a person is mature enough to decide to have a CI surgically implanted, the decision should be made. To have a parent/guardian etc.choose this for a child is ridiculous. Why should it be ok to force a person into a surgery that they may rely on for their entire life.

Once a child has become accustomed to these devices it is something that they expect to have for the rest of their life. If the device fails or does not continue to work in the same way for their entire life, then they no longer can use what they have been expected to rely on. This is totally unfair to any child or adult. If they have the choice to decide whether to use an auditory device or not then they can make that decision for themselves. It is wrong to force anyone to depend on something when naturally they are not going to have that. Children cannot make that decision. They should have the choice to decide on adapting their physical properties on their own. This should not take place unless they have been fully educated on ALL of the possibilities...positive and negative.

If a child relies on the auditory device and then it suddenly isn’t working anymore, then it is something that they have no choice but to have taken from them. These surgeries are not inexpensive. It takes money to maintain these devices and not all people are able to keep up with this. What happens when a child decides that they do not want to utilize this technology?

It is wrong to force a person to rely on something each day, when naturally they may be better off without a device being implanted into their bodies. Insurance does not cover a CI removal. If a person chooses that route then more power to them,but it is not an issue that should be decided by a person that will not have to live with it. The person that is getting a surgery of this type or any other surgery should be allowed to choose for themselves. It is something that will have impact, whether positive or negative, a person for the rest of their life.

By forcing an individual into a life altering procedure it is the same as saying you are not “good” enough the way that you were born. You must change physically for you to be accepted by the real world. Is this really the impression we want to make on deaf children.

It is a huge put down to deaf childrens true identity. People must have a choice, it is only fair! We should appreciate the differences in all people. If we were all the same, then the world would be a very boring place.

Therefore we have the right to maintain the status we were born with...people need to learn to accept that. Any adaptation that needs to be made should be made within the faultfinders, not the children. Acceptance is KEY! Need I say more?

"Tell the mothers I said, "Don't try to change your child; you are the adult, you bear the burden of change" - Harlan Lane Thats what it needs to get through your head.

Seeing as how there are more cons than pros to getting a CI, ( as such stated in other topics), It is more responsible to NOT implant a child. You dont need to hear to be alive. And if a d/Deaf child is not good enough for you then you need to reconsider your morals and prejudices. Like it, love it, or leave it alone.

Thank you!
Sweetmind

:topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic: :topic:
You should not put that in here Sweetmind / GNU.
Copy your post and start a new topic. Or have the moderator do it for you. But your elequently written post does not fit here.

Why would someone celebrating to have three surgeries all along? I find this is real odd strange to bring it up without having any explaination. All you do is getting off topic from the start. I didnt do it since it s issue of having the surgery topic itself.. I have my right to say something that I dont agree with.

Doctor could have done it right at first time but itsnt. I dont trust any doctors because they cannot fixed our deaf ears.. It s the outrageous that has the defective mechanic that is not necessary to implant on Deaf children s innocent for their stupid mistake. There are more than just having the defective mechanic that had a leak from the CI device itself. I have stated that a long time ago before it shows the fact that has happens in few years ago.

Is she looking for a pity? and Why would her mom s comment have to be threaten to whoever it s and stated about the flip the middle finger??? I m in a very big puzzle. If so, It must be something going on fishy.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
It is one thing to allow a person to choose to use an auditory device, but i see that it is unfair to decide for any individual to have a surgery that changes their physical properties. Once a person is mature enough to decide to have a CI surgically implanted, the decision should be made. To have a parent/guardian etc.choose this for a child is ridiculous. Why should it be ok to force a person into a surgery that they may rely on for their entire life.

Once a child has become accustomed to these devices it is something that they expect to have for the rest of their life. If the device fails or does not continue to work in the same way for their entire life, then they no longer can use what they have been expected to rely on. This is totally unfair to any child or adult. If they have the choice to decide whether to use an auditory device or not then they can make that decision for themselves. It is wrong to force anyone to depend on something when naturally they are not going to have that. Children cannot make that decision. They should have the choice to decide on adapting their physical properties on their own. This should not take place unless they have been fully educated on ALL of the possibilities...positive and negative.

If a child relies on the auditory device and then it suddenly isn’t working anymore, then it is something that they have no choice but to have taken from them. These surgeries are not inexpensive. It takes money to maintain these devices and not all people are able to keep up with this. What happens when a child decides that they do not want to utilize this technology?

It is wrong to force a person to rely on something each day, when naturally they may be better off without a device being implanted into their bodies. Insurance does not cover a CI removal. If a person chooses that route then more power to them,but it is not an issue that should be decided by a person that will not have to live with it. The person that is getting a surgery of this type or any other surgery should be allowed to choose for themselves. It is something that will have impact, whether positive or negative, a person for the rest of their life.

By forcing an individual into a life altering procedure it is the same as saying you are not “good” enough the way that you were born. You must change physically for you to be accepted by the real world. Is this really the impression we want to make on deaf children.

It is a huge put down to deaf childrens true identity. People must have a choice, it is only fair! We should appreciate the differences in all people. If we were all the same, then the world would be a very boring place.

Therefore we have the right to maintain the status we were born with...people need to learn to accept that. Any adaptation that needs to be made should be made within the faultfinders, not the children. Acceptance is KEY! Need I say more?

"Tell the mothers I said, "Don't try to change your child; you are the adult, you bear the burden of change" - Harlan Lane Thats what it needs to get through your head.

Seeing as how there are more cons than pros to getting a CI, ( as such stated in other topics), It is more responsible to NOT implant a child. You dont need to hear to be alive. And if a d/Deaf child is not good enough for you then you need to reconsider your morals and prejudices. Like it, love it, or leave it alone.

Thank you!
Sweetmind

I agree with Sweetmind. My parent never force me to fix my ears. they respect my wish!

ghsh1996 said:
I agree with Sweetmind. My parent never force me to fix my ears. they respect my wish!
Excellent. What age were you when your parents decided NOT to "fix"?

Back