I Got A Question....

Gabi

Reaction score
Hey All,

Not quiet sure if this is the place to post a question like this, and if it is not, please, move it to the proper place.

Ok.....I don't really know what its like to be deaf, but I have had a few people in my life, that have been deaf and I have realized that its really hard for deaf people to function in a society that is made for a hearing person.

Ok....so here is my question.......

Is there a program that anyone knows of out there, that helps to take a video that is made for a hearing person, put it into the program and autiomatically create a transcript or added captions to that select video, or is it still the old style where captions are added by hand.

This is all unknown territory to me so any feedback, thoughts or programs that any of you might know of or that I could maybe look at, I would greatly appreciate it!

I really hope that I posted in the right section, thank you again for your time and have a fantastic day !

Gabi

Hi Gabi,

That is a good question, but I do not know about captioning program to make at home. Im sure theres someone in this forum who knows about that. I remember my friend made subtitles for a dvd movie few years ago but not know how he did it.

YouTube has a wonderful feature right now.

I'm not sure if you are talking about uploading your own movie or showing a home movie.

YouTube does have a feature and it is subtitling. If you upload your own movies, you can subtitle your own movies as well. They are wonderful! :)

Duh, I forgot about youtube has subtilting support. You can find it in there and edit it on ur videos that you make. :)

there is overstream net or something where you can add your own subtitles

YouTube has a wonderful feature right now.

I'm not sure if you are talking about uploading your own movie or showing a home movie.

YouTube does have a feature and it is subtitling. If you upload your own movies, you can subtitle your own movies as well. They are wonderful! :)

Yes I use youtube, but I need something that I dont have to add the captions, word for word, cause I normally talk a ton and there is just not enough space or room on the youtube program for them all. Recently I did a video then did a whole seperate video for the captions but I know there has got to be an easier way. *crosses fingers*

All of the television are featured with the closed captions :)

Yes. I know that. LOL

But I am looking for a program that I can use. I make a ton of videos per week for my job but I would like to added videos with captions or transcripts for the deaf crowd and just wondering if there is an easier way ;)

Back