I don't have an answer for My VESID Counselor Any Suggestion or Advice

pedro2

Reaction score
I sign up on this site and post this on deaf education but let me know if there a different Forum that may help me a little bit more or other Website.

I,m 22 year old from Brooklyn new york and in High School I always attended Special Educations and My Disabilities is Learning Disabilities Which means that its take me time to learn than others and My Condition is Panic disorder and Depression.I receive VESID Services Vocational Educational Services Individual With Disabilities I don't know if anyone heard about it.I took an academic test a year ago and My vocabulary was 5.8 reading comprehension 2.8 and everything else below and worse.What came out from the result of the test Maintenance,Food Service and Recommendation:Supported Work. My VESID Counselor said that she is going to close my case because its been open for 3 years and that I don't know what I want to do so.

She is thinking of sending me to another supported program because the one that I'm going called YAI she not going to be able to paid for it why would I want to go to other supported program that keeps you waiting for about a year to start working in a job? It makes me feel like not doing anything no college or nothing going on in my life learning the same thing ever once a week how to be prepare for an interview.What I want is to go to a school so that I could be prepare for college and take some Remedial classes or something in college so that I could be at the level of college.But I can't

My mom is an home health aid part time she doesn't earn much and she going to retired in 1 year my father is an taxi cab I don't know how long hes going to support us and I don't know for sure if I will receive SSI I would have to wait and see.Also My VESID Counselor said that if she put me into a school than my case would be close its is not work goal.I have the through of learning an trade skill and I don't know what and making a decent living if I not going to college but a job coach was teaching the other day at this program that I still go to Every once a week called YAI and he said the trade school is a scam.

That many don't graduate and don't have a job VESID do paid the trade school but the rest I would have to paid and end up in debts.I want to be proactive this falls I have no friends and no want one is going to help me.My VESID Counselor gave about until Monday and I wasn't able to find anything on these past years on my own I also don't have an answer for her I think I should use VESID only for jobs not for paying schools what do I say that I want to work in a Restaurant? Because she said there was an place hiring setting up tables or will going to the library will work? I also wanted something better than this.

going to supported programs make me feel like not doing anything in my life no college or anything learning the same thing every once a week and I don't know what's have been wrong with me that I can't find anything on my own.

Last edited:
Back