I didn't realize this was such a tight community.

jupitersnymph

Reaction score
I am a "hearie." I am interested in someone who is deaf. I believe he is mostly deaf although he has some hearing in his left ear. I am not intentionally seeking out deaf people to teach me sign language. He is actually the first deaf person I've ever met. Anyway, I am on this site hoping to get some insight into how to act around him. I would really hate for him to be thinking "God I hate when people do that!" When I talk too fast or whatever. I met him in a bar. He is a riot. And he's really sweet. But the kicker is, he beat me at pool. I love a guy that can play pool. I've seen him a few times in the last couple weeks. He really gets my dry sense of humor. I learned some signs and the alphabet so that we could at least have basic conversations. Whenever we have the opportunity to sit and chat I end up losing track of time. People always assume that we are "together." I don't even know where I am going with this lol. I just want him to feel comfortable. I have read the "do's and don't" section. I wouldn't throw things to get his attention and I have no interest in learning "dirty" signs. It isn't necessarily a romantic interest. All in all, I just really like his style.

Yup Was wondering when you would introduce yourself.

Welcome.

Now get to 50 posts, and we'll find out if I am the guy you're checking out.

Where are you by the way? I am always at the bars, and I always play pool. I kick ass in pool, and foosball.

Gasp, welcome! ((waves wildly))

Are you older than 25.. pretty.. and desperate? o_O

:laugh2: I have deaf genes too, but I have never been sure what good they would do. I have two hearing children.

Isn't he going to need a desperate deaf woman with a dominant gene too, to be sure?:lol:

:hmm: Hm. I am from Ann Arbor, MI. We'll see about 50 posts. I do talk a lot.
.... You big flirt.

Haha, I'm from Boulder Colorado - I hear the deaf community is pretty decent in Ann Arbor. Hell, the entire community there is decent.

GL in finding what you need around these parts.

Now that you've introduced yourself, we can properly welcome you! :)
:welcome: to AD!

Welcome to AD

I just have one other thing I'd like to say.

Purdue rocked the Big House! Nah Nah Nah Nah!!!!!!!!

Upload as an avatar, that's what I did. BTW, welcome to the jungle - AND of course deaf culture! :wave:

Back