I can't believe that my vet lied to about my dog!

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I took Marty to the vet yesterday as Marty was still not pooping! The vet told me that when Marty was taken out side he pooped! Marty was not getting better so I took Marty to a veterinary emergency critical care today.
The vet had to use his finger to dig feces out of Marty and he got and about 4 inches out. The vet when outside with me to see if Marty could poop after that and he couldn't. A x ray was taken and it showed that his whole colon was blocked with feces! His anal glands were full and keeping him from pooping! There was no way he could had taken a poop at the the vet yesterday! The vet at the veterinary emergency critical care told me if I had waited any longer Marty would had been vomiting feces! He also had diarrhea from the med my vet told me give to him, but it did not good as Marty was impacted! Because my vet lied to me about Marty pooping it almost killed my dog, he could had dies from the toxicant!
I am so angry and upset, it also cost a lot more to go the veterinary emergency critical care than my vet's office! I wish I knew how edit my title, I meant to post 'I can't believe that my vet lied to me about my dog!'

I would certainly consider finding another veterinarian, and letting the previous vet know exactly why you'll be taking your patronage elsewhere. I'm glad you were able to secure adequate veterinary care for your dog in time. What a nightmare that must have been for you.

You might want to talk to the initial vet?
Maybe the emergency Vet can write a letter?

There is also a Vet Surgeon's Board of some sort you would be able to contact

Wow, that is really an incredible story. Definitely take your vet business elsewhere, and definitely tell vet number one why you are doing so. That is amazing.

Good for you for following up and taking him to the emergency vet. Expensive though it may be, you'll forget about the expense when you enjoy your sweet Marty, happy and healthy.

So is this the end (ha!) of the problem now? Anal glands all cleaned out and all systems good to go?

Marty has finally eaten a little baby food!! This the first time he ate in four almost 4 day! But he is not drinking water, I am going to take to vet today for a follow up ,but we'll not be seeing the same vet! There a woman vet I like better. I am going to see her from now on. The ER vet fax Marty results to my regular vet , I wonder want the jerk think now when he see how sick Marty is and that he did nothing about it! He just dismissed like I was some old lady that did not know what I was talking about , he thought I was being too emotional about Marty's health because I lost Finlay. The vet did not say this to me ,but I bet he think this! He has to eat crow now as he was wrong about Marty and I was right! I knew he was lying to me! He does not realize that deaf and HOH people are good at reading body language!

Marty has finally eaten a little baby food!! This the first time he ate in four almost 4 day! But he is not drinking water, I am going to take to vet today for a follow up ,but we'll not be seeing the same vet! There a woman vet I like better. I am going to see her from now on. The ER vet fax Marty results to my regular vet , I wonder want the jerk think now when he see how sick Marty is and that he did nothing about it! He just dismissed like I was some old lady that did not know what I was talking about , he thought I was being too emotional about Marty's health because I lost Finlay. The vet did not say this to me ,but I bet he think this! He has to eat crow now as he was wrong about Marty and I was right! I knew he was lying to me! He does not realize that deaf and HOH people are good at reading body language!

hope marty can poop right away. :( change the vet is a good idea for your good. poor marty.

Happy that lil' Marty is finally pooping!...A packed colon sounds very uncomfortable!.....

Was talking with one of my neighbors about this. To find out that small dogs do get "upset" if there is a change in their lives, such as moving, new owners, etc. .....sometimes they get diaherra, won't drink water or eat, even vomit....My own little doggie went thru this when we moved.

Sometimes, when a doggie has diaherra, giving the dog some cheese,and even tea if they won't drink water....cheese will do the opposite effect so the diaherra will stop.....Dogs do "worry" and get "upset" at changes in their lives, same as humans....Soon as things settle down, they will get back to normal. But feel it's best to check with the Vet about this anyway.

Happy that lil' Marty is finally pooping!...A packed colon sounds very uncomfortable!.....

Was talking with one of my neighbors about this. To find out that small dogs do get "upset" if there is a change in their lives, such as moving, new owners, etc. .....sometimes they get diaherra, won't drink water or eat, even vomit....My own little doggie went thru this when we moved.

Sometimes, when a doggie has diaherra, giving the dog some cheese,and even tea if they won't drink water....cheese will do the opposite effect so the diaherra will stop.....Dogs do "worry" and get "upset" at changes in their lives, same as humans....Soon as things settle down, they will get back to normal. But feel it's best to check with the Vet about this anyway.

I wish I knew more about Marty, I would love to know why he ended up in kill shelter in Cal. I know he was someone pet , and I wonder if he missing his first family a lot. He has kennel cough too andhas to nasty med for the until
4/16! I am hoping he will feel better once he done with his med! I get get a
reward for all mt effect, Marty wagged his tail at me today for the first time!
I can't wait to his little wagging all the time! Thank you for asking about my dog. Marty went to the vet again today as he needed an IV for dehydration
again! I hope he will start drinking water on his own fast!

or better yet, make a sign and protest outside lol

I wanted to say something to the vet that lied to me , but , I like the other vet that work with him. And they're giving 50% off my vet bills as I was going train Marty to be my hearing dog so the trustees can't say anything about me having another dog. No pets are allowed in my condo!

Glad to hear you sought a second opinion and found out the gravity of Marty's illness.
I hope he'll get better from now on.

Poor l'il Marty!! That's so odd that he won't drink water. Does your tap water have an odor to it at all? Maybe try some bottled water for a day or two, and gradually transition to tap water.

My Pippin was a rescue, too. We got him from a rescue organization; they said he had been taken from an abusive and/or neglectful situation. He was probably close to 6 years old at the time.

I wonder sometimes what kind of life he had. He was seriously underweight, didn't know any commands at all, but he was perfectly house-broken, and a sweeter, more affectionate dog you'll never meet. So someone must have loved him sometime.

I hope Marty can buck up, wag his tail morning, noon, and night, and eat, drink, and poop properly like a little doggy should!

Back