I can sell for more $$$$ now.....

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I had one guy ask me price on 2 bikes. I told him $140 back in February when it was cold and snowy. He passed on them. He asked last week how much?? I said $140. He offered $120, then $130, but I want $140. He didn't get them yet. Now, if he ask, can I tell him, it'll be 175 or 185?? After all, I offered him great deal in February when no one was buying and he didn't want them. Now it's nice weather and people are looking for bikes.

I had one guy ask me price on 2 bikes. I told him $140 back in February when it was cold and snowy. He passed on them. He asked last week how much?? I said $140. He offered $120, then $130, but I want $140. He didn't get them yet. Now, if he ask, can I tell him, it'll be 175 or 185?? After all, I offered him great deal in February when no one was buying and he didn't want them. Now it's nice weather and people are looking for bikes.

IMO, stand you ground. He will either meet your price or someone else will come along and pay you $140. Of course, the next person that comes along tell them $150 and they will offer you $140.....done, sold.

IF he comes back, ask $140. That's what you want for them, that's what you told him. To jack up the price on him would only make you appear to be a vendictive or questionable dealer.

like a bus.... there's always next one.

I have to agree with Journey, you could do it, but it's not cool.

Of course, that doesn't stop of from lying and saying you have another offer for $175. Just sayin....

its too late now- u should have asked 160 or so now. when he asks why price increase, just say your inventory is depleting and everyone is buying. if he asks if you can do better - negotiate till you get down to 140 and say sold.:D

Tell him the bikes are 140 now, but April 1 the price goes up to 185 because there is greater demand for bikes in the spring.

In sales, the fear of losing something or missing out is a stronger motivator than the hope of getting something.

Tell him the bikes are turbocharged.

IMO: the bikes should be sold at the price they were first offered for. The weather should not play a role in your pricing. So, you should sell it for the price you first offered him. Sorry, but increasing the price on him for weather purposes is not a reasonable business.

Back