I am waiting for results in genetics

Giulia

Reaction score
Hello there
I am waiting for results in Genetics. I get mad : results are on, but the secretary doesn't want/can't give me them and the geneticist is impossible to reach. I get mad :rl::dunno2:
What do you advice me ?

PS for moderators : I don't know if it's the right place so excuse me if I posted it in the wrong place.

well Giulia, the results are in. there's some good news and some bad news.

the good news is, the DNA test proves that you are a human after all.

the bad news?

you're NOT the father!

LOL I didn't understand at the begining your joke.

Well, I have done these tests in genetics to know if my unilateral deafness is hereditary. Normally we should have had the results, but the secretary doesn't want/can't give them to me, and the geneticist is unreachable. So I get crazy !!

No one but a doctor is permitted to release test results to a patient.

I'm sorry that things are not happening as quickly as you would like. I know it is frustrating to have to wait to find out something that is important to you. But just try to keep in mind, that every patient feels the same way you do, and one doctor cannot make everyone the first priority. I'm sure he doesn't mean to upset you.

No one but a doctor is permitted to release test results to a patient.

I'm sorry that things are not happening as quickly as you would like. I know it is frustrating to have to wait to find out something that is important to you. But just try to keep in mind, that every patient feels the same way you do, and one doctor cannot make everyone the first priority. I'm sure he doesn't mean to upset you.
No problem Jillo, and thanks for your kind words :)

The only problem is that I should have had the results for 2 months, and I' still waiting. :rl:

LOL I didn't understand at the begining your joke.

Well, I have done these tests in genetics to know if my unilateral deafness is hereditary. Normally we should have had the results, but the secretary doesn't want/can't give them to me, and the geneticist is unreachable. So I get crazy !!

my joke was two things in one.

first, i had no idea what kind of genetics test you were talking about, so i assumed you took a test to verify that you are, indeed, a human being. obviously, you wouldn't need a genetic test to confirm this, but that's completely irrelevant for my purposes as a master craftsman of quality jokes.

second, i alluded to the Maury Povich show, which features a "who's my baby's daddy?" type storyline in every other episode. every story ends with Maury dramatically opening an envelope and announcing either, "you ARE the father!!" or "you're NOT the father!". regardless of which one it is, half the audiences always gets up and dances and cheers while the other half boos.

YouTube - YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!!

my joke was two things in one.

first, i had no idea what kind of genetics test you were talking about, so i assumed you took a test to verify that you are, indeed, a human being. obviously, you wouldn't need a genetic test to confirm this, but that's completely irrelevant for my purposes as a master craftsman of quality jokes.

second, i alluded to the Maury Povich show, which features a "who's my baby's daddy?" type storyline in every other episode. every story ends with Maury dramatically opening an envelope and announcing either, "you ARE the father!!" or "you're NOT the father!". regardless of which one it is, half the audiences always gets up and dances and cheers while the other half boos.

YouTube - YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!!
No problem, even if English isn't my mother tongue, I was ROTFL

I am waiting for results for Waardenburg syndrom.

Thanks a lot for having moved this topic. I didn't know where was the right place, so thanks again to tell me that next time, I should post that kind of topic in General Health. :bowdown:

Thanks a lot for having moved this topic. I didn't know where was the right place, so thanks again to tell me that next time, I should post that kind of topic in General Health. :bowdown:
No problem.

It's usually a good idea to look at the main page and read the descriptions of each forum to help decide where to go.

Basically, genetics is part of medicine... which is part of health. :)

Back