I am lonely

Get some vitamin D, too. It helps.

Remembering the old song...."Only the Lonely.....know the way I....feel tonight"......Roy Orbston (spelled wrong I guess)....

I've never been one that likes a lot of drama, confusion, etc. So, yeah, at times I do get "lonely"...The other day, all 3 of my boys and I were going to Wamart....we all were getting into our shoes at the door....When I looked up, and realized all 3 of my boys were almost grown, so much taller than I !....That night, I was thinking about how time has flown....and not making much plans for my "later years", when all 3 have flown the coup....and it won't be long! I'm so busy with cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. ...that I don't get out very much.....

But just about an hour ago, my 18 yr. old said...."Soon as I get enuf $$ saved, I'm gonna take you on a cruise.".....Ain't that sweet?...(But I'm not holding my breath on it!)

Wow.....Thx for the responses..

It's this concussion.....I am never one to sit around the house, but I have been sitting at home for a month. Hit me last night that this house is kinda empty now that my daughter has moved away.

Awww...:hug:

I have been feeling a sense of loneliness since my daughter moved to AZ.

Remembering the old song...."Only the Lonely.....know the way I....feel tonight"......Roy Orbston (spelled wrong I guess)....

I've never been one that likes a lot of drama, confusion, etc. So, yeah, at times I do get "lonely"...The other day, all 3 of my boys and I were going to Wamart....we all were getting into our shoes at the door....When I looked up, and realized all 3 of my boys were almost grown, so much taller than I !....That night, I was thinking about how time has flown....and not making much plans for my "later years", when all 3 have flown the coup....and it won't be long! I'm so busy with cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc. ...that I don't get out very much.....

But just about an hour ago, my 18 yr. old said...."Soon as I get enuf $$ saved, I'm gonna take you on a cruise.".....Ain't that sweet?...(But I'm not holding my breath on it!)
Roy Orbinson. Love the guy! I have some of his tapes. I think his voice is great the way he croons his ballad songs.

do you get enough vitamin D?

Wow.....Thx for the responses..

It's this concussion.....I am never one to sit around the house, but I have been sitting at home for a month. Hit me last night that this house is kinda empty now that my daughter has moved away.

You could come here to Iowa... Lots of lovely ladies here. Mt. Rushmore is beautiful when they set off the fireworks. It's about 8 hours away from here.

:P

Visit the Badlands! Go to Sturgis this fall.

It's a part of life that no parent wants to go through, but they have to. The kids are off doing their thing, freedom from nagging parents! Whoo hoo!

Eventually though, they will start to miss you, come to you when they have a problem, or they made a mistake you warned against and say 'You were right.' or even 'My son/daughter gives me that much trouble day to day, you were right, I sure did find out the hard way what it would be like for me, I can't believe I was such a brat to you when I was little.' (this is the part where you rub it in a little. :lol:)

I have experienced it already even though my sons are only 10 and 8. It is hard and lonely. Nothing but silence in a house when you are alone. So the best thing to do is get up off your behind and step out of the house and do something. Kick rocks, bird watch, go skydiving, bungee jump. Ride roller coasters til you get sick. Be spontaneous. :D

whoa didn't see this thread. no wonder I haven't heard much of peep from you.

I can't explain it....I don't understand it,,,,,,and I have never felt it.

Is this a deaf thing?????

no. not at all. happens to all of us - hearing, deaf, blind, etc. sorry to hear that you're hitting rock bottom. It's the common issue to people who have been busy nearly everyday for years. and then one day of complete silence..... it starts to get to them. 2 days.... 3 days... or so... it hits them.

it's really a period of self-reevaluation in one's life for all. it's a good thing. everybody gets their 2nd chance. I did too. a very enlightening experience. I was feeling lonely and depressed for probably a year. more or less. finally got out of it. Since then.... I go by this code - "Fuck It. Let's Ride"

28733_10100105496041969_8825246_53681068_7696749_n.jpg

Sir, would you like to hop on? :cool2:

I would like to tell you a good ole' story....

A traveling salesman is driving through Arkansas. He sees a farmer struggling under the weight of a hundred-pound pig, carrying it from tree to tree, so that it can nibble on the apples that are hanging. The salesman is dumbfounded by what he sees. Finally, he can't stand it any longer, and he goes and asks, "What are you doing?"

And the farmer answers, "I'm just a-feedin' my hawwwwg."

Then the salesman asks, "Why don't you just knock down a bunch of apples?"

"I jus prefer to do it this a-way," the farmer says.

Then the salesman asks, "Isn't it a waste of time, doing it that way?"

And the farmer asks, "Well, what's tiiiimmmeee to a hawwwggg?"

ok this popped up in my head (it is one of old Rock n' Roll music) :

(Paul Anka and Joe Dowell)

I'm just a lonely boy
Lonely and blue
I'm all alone
With nothin' to do

I've got everything
You could think of
But all I want
Is someone to love

Someone, yes, someone to love
Someone to kiss
Someone to hold
At a moment like this

I'd like to hear
Somebody say
I'll give you my love
Each night and day

I'm just a lonely boy
Lonely and blue
I'm all alone
With nothin' to do

I've got everything
You could think of
But all I want
Is someone to love

Somebody, somebody
Somebody, please
Send her to me
I'll make her happy
Just wait and see

I prayed so hard
To the heavens above
That I might find
Someone to love

I'm just a lonely boy
lonely and blue
I'm all alone
With nothin' to do

I've got everything
You could think of
But all I want
Is someone to love

I can't explain it....I don't understand it,,,,,,and I have never felt it.

Is this a deaf thing?????

I dunno. If you mean you're feeling cut off from your hearing friends because you can't understand them then it may explain your feelings. I understand that you're late deafened, right?

And your daughter being gone can cause empty nest syndrome.

Being at home for a month and not having contacts with anyone, I would think that sounds lonely to me. I'd feel that way.

I always prefer having someone in the house. It sure helps me feel less lonely.

I dunno. If you mean you're feeling cut off from your hearing friends because you can't understand them then it may explain your feelings. I understand that you're late deafened, right?

And your daughter being gone can cause empty nest syndrome.

Being at home for a month and not having contacts with anyone, I would think that sounds lonely to me. I'd feel that way.

I always prefer having someone in the house. It sure helps me feel less lonely.[/QUOTE]

That is me as well!

On Mother's Day, I was completely alone at home...it was depressing.

You could come here to Iowa... Lots of lovely ladies here. Mt. Rushmore is beautiful when they set off the fireworks. It's about 8 hours away from here.

:P

Visit the Badlands! Go to Sturgis this fall.

It's a part of life that no parent wants to go through, but they have to. The kids are off doing their thing, freedom from nagging parents! Whoo hoo!

Eventually though, they will start to miss you, come to you when they have a problem, or they made a mistake you warned against and say 'You were right.' or even 'My son/daughter gives me that much trouble day to day, you were right, I sure did find out the hard way what it would be like for me, I can't believe I was such a brat to you when I was little.' (this is the part where you rub it in a little. :lol:)

I have experienced it already even though my sons are only 10 and 8. It is hard and lonely. Nothing but silence in a house when you are alone. So the best thing to do is get up off your behind and step out of the house and do something. Kick rocks, bird watch, go skydiving, bungee jump. Ride roller coasters til you get sick. Be spontaneous. :D

Well I have been stuck in the house due to my accident....but the noggin is better now and I can tolerate the sun. Getting out definetly helps.

Sturgis you say.....:hmm: sounds fun. Watched Full Throtle Saloon last year......I may have to make that. Plus I haven't played golf in Iowa yet.....gotta get that check in the box.

Well I have been stuck in the house due to my accident....but the noggin is better now and I can tolerate the sun. Getting out definetly helps.

Sturgis you say.....:hmm: sounds fun. Watched Full Throtle Saloon last year......I may have to make that. Plus I haven't played golf in Iowa yet.....gotta get that check in the box.

In that case I can provide you a list of Golf Courses that Iowa has, the best if you want.

My guy friend suggest that you check out Okoboji, Ia, every guy from out of state that comes to visit, that knows me, all say the same thing. They love the ladies. :lol: :roll::D

Apparently they give off this down home country girl vibe with a hidden agenda. :roll:

Sturgis is the biggest motorcycle event around in South Dakota. Small town turns into a kind of a Woodstock, but with Motorcycles of all kinds. Just think, main street packed with thousands of parked motorcycles for miles (All based on word of mouth from people who went). I want to go there this year. Planning on it.

I had a head injury from soccer about a year and a half ago and it took 4-6 months to recover, sounds a bit from what I was suffering from.

Collided with the goalkeeper going full speed while in the air, his hand was the first thing that hit me. First in the head and then the rest of body slammed into my right shoulder. Last thing I saw was my hearing aid in pieces in front of me up in the sky. Came down and was looking for the aid. In two pieces. I was more concerned about the aid than the rest of me. I walked off dazed and I knew I was a candidate for a concussion but I felt "ok" enough to play(adrenaline and stubborn).

I went for it and I had him beat. It was a rec league so it wasn't really necessary for the keep to go that late to make a play on the ball where it was (right on the penalty box line).

Besides not being able to hear well for about a month, I suffered from short-term memory loss, balance issues, fatigue, light-sensitivity issues. MRI was negative (TG). Couldn't "reach" as much into my thinking as I would've been able to. Unfortunately, that injury masked another injury that occurred at the same time. Hard Hit.

All I can say about possible concussion is: rest a lot and don't drink alcohol if you think your brain is still trying recover from it. Alcohol affects the recovery tremondously, which is why my recovery might've taken awhile. Video Games did help. Golf would help you a lot.

I had a head injury from soccer about a year and a half ago and it took 4-6 months to recover, sounds a bit from what I was suffering from.

Collided with the goalkeeper going full speed while in the air, his hand was the first thing that hit me. First in the head and then the rest of body slammed into my right shoulder. Last thing I saw was my hearing aid in pieces in front of me up in the sky. Came down and was looking for the aid. In two pieces. I was more concerned about the aid than the rest of me. I walked off dazed and I knew I was a candidate for a concussion but I felt "ok" enough to play(adrenaline and stubborn).

I went for it and I had him beat. It was a rec league so it wasn't really necessary for the keep to go that late to make a play on the ball where it was (right on the penalty box line).

Besides not being able to hear well for about a month, I suffered from short-term memory loss, balance issues, fatigue, light-sensitivity issues. MRI was negative (TG). Couldn't "reach" as much into my thinking as I would've been able to. Unfortunately, that injury masked another injury that occurred at the same time. Hard Hit.

All I can say about possible concussion is: rest a lot and don't drink alcohol if you think your brain is still trying recover from it. Alcohol affects the recovery tremondously, which is why my recovery might've taken awhile. Video Games did help. Golf would help you a lot.

I am glad of you improve you feeling better. wow really you feeling better?

I hope be you better improve recovery wow Not easy your life feeling better improve you successfully :)

I am glad of you improve you feeling better. wow really you feeling better?

I hope be you better improve recovery wow Not easy your life feeling better improve you successfully :)

:ty:

I'm glad I'm feeling better too :P:P. It was scary for a little while. On top of that, there was some crazy pressure at work. When I told people who work for CA state government of the pace and expectations at that time, their jaws dropped. Mandatory 10 hours OT (in state service, while being furloughed), managers openly crying, disagreements where open and personal, tons of disrespect, loose rules and enforcement. I wanted a challenge and I got it. The heat turned up months after I was hired and then the injury hit

I think sometimes work had as much to do with my life at that time and struggled to conquer both. Work stress went down, I stopped drinking alcohol (it wasn't *that* much but it still affected my recovery and needed rest) and stopped playing soccer to rest up. I still had problems with stress and light sensitivity for months afterwards, but after a trip to the doc and some meds, I was squared away. And I had tons of vacation and furlough time. Planning a trip is just as fun as taking the trip :).

2nd major injury was last summer and I'm just getting back to training...partially collapsed lung; courtesy of a huge defender crushing and re-breaking ribs. It's not that bad mentally because I know what to do now. I maybe stubborn about playing soccer in light of these serious injuries, but I dream about playing.

TxGolfer; I think if you spent that much quality time with your daughter, you may need to complement your life with something that gives you as much happiness as she did. I mean, I imagine it's tough (I'm 25). Hope for the best for you. Oh yeah...try skydiving!:D

:ty:

I'm glad I'm feeling better too :P:P. It was scary for a little while. On top of that, there was some crazy pressure at work. When I told people who work for CA state government of the pace and expectations at that time, their jaws dropped. Mandatory 10 hours OT (in state service, while being furloughed), managers openly crying, disagreements where open and personal, tons of disrespect, loose rules and enforcement. I wanted a challenge and I got it. The heat turned up months after I was hired and then the injury hit

I think sometimes work had as much to do with my life at that time and struggled to conquer both. Work stress went down, I stopped drinking alcohol (it wasn't *that* much but it still affected my recovery and needed rest) and stopped playing soccer to rest up. I still had problems with stress and light sensitivity for months afterwards, but after a trip to the doc and some meds, I was squared away. And I had tons of vacation and furlough time. Planning a trip is just as fun as taking the trip :).

2nd major injury was last summer and I'm just getting back to training...partially collapsed lung; courtesy of a huge defender crushing and re-breaking ribs. It's not that bad mentally because I know what to do now. I maybe stubborn about playing soccer in light of these serious injuries, but I dream about playing.

TxGolfer; I think if you spent that much quality time with your daughter, you may need to complement your life with something that gives you as much happiness as she did. I mean, I imagine it's tough (I'm 25). Hope for the best for you. Oh yeah...try skydiving!:D

It's good to hear that you are doing better! You better be careful! I thought I was a walking accident! :lol: Well at least you have soccer as an excuse...

Back