I am lonely

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't explain it....I don't understand it,,,,,,and I have never felt it.

Is this a deaf thing?????

Wirelessly posted

Txgolfer, it can happen to anyone facing a difficult time in their life, a death, divorce, break up, job, my list can run a mile of reasons. I hope what you are facing is temporary lonliness and are able to get involved with something that interest you either a volunteer organization, particular sport or deaf social events. I hope the suggestions help. Life is too good to waste what God has given you (no debates pls).

Last edited:
Hey, man, been a while. Anyway, you say you have never felt it, and if you mean the loneliness....what compels you to ask the question? I don't see how/why it is just a deaf thing.

Loneliness is not exclusive to deaf people. I am mostly deaf and I feel it sometimes. You just have to find a "support system" that works for you. It doesn't necessarily mean marrying someone, just means finding people who have the same sort of interests as you.

Those rare friends who you can confide in are greatly appreciated too.

Yeah, get some buddies of yours or make new ones and do something for some fun. Attend some events like baseball, do some BBQing, hang out and drink, or do something different like jump out of an airplane 10,000 feet above ground (with a parachute, of course) or something crazy like go streaking at a clothing optional beach. What's up, Txgolfer? I hope things aren't too bad for you.

Yeah, get some buddies of yours or make new ones and do something for some fun. Attend some events like baseball, do some BBQing, hang out and drink, or do something different like jump out of an airplane 10,000 feet above ground (with a parachute, of course) or something crazy like go streaking at a clothing optional beach. What's up, Txgolfer? I hope things aren't too bad for you.

Skydiving is freakin' awesome.

Wirelessly posted

I would love to try skydiving

don't let any hearing gals make you feel that way if you felt so lonely. I don't assume about it but it sounds like to me. Everyone have good tips. It's my opinion that the best tip is to hang out with your close friends and take it easy and enjoy the life.

I can't explain it....I don't understand it,,,,,,and I have never felt it.

Is this a deaf thing?????

depends on the situation. If it is because you are busy with family and everyone else is busy with their, that's normal.

If it is because everyone is avoiding you because they don't know how to talk to you, yes, it is a deaf thing.

Wow.....Thx for the responses..

It's this concussion.....I am never one to sit around the house, but I have been sitting at home for a month. Hit me last night that this house is kinda empty now that my daughter has moved away.

Hey, man, been a while. Anyway, you say you have never felt it, and if you mean the loneliness....what compels you to ask the question? I don't see how/why it is just a deaf thing.

I don't think it is either now.....The thought crossed my mind last night and thought I would see what you folks thought

Wow.....Thx for the responses..

It's this concussion.....I am never one to sit around the house, but I have been sitting at home for a month. Hit me last night that this house is kinda empty now that my daughter has moved away.

I always feel lonely when I stop doing things and keeping active. It's hard to not feel lonely when you don't have someone around and you're at home a lot. I really hope you get past this once you're better! :hug:

I'm married with two kids but I've spent quite some time in hospital over the past few years, and I've often felt like TXgolfer. The best thing is to try to get out of the house as often as you can. Kevin.

Back