I Am Angry And Confused

Daminx

Reaction score
i went to my audiologist appointment last week and I redid my hearing test, (back story:I did my research on hearing loss and decibels, so I knew I had at least a mild hearing loss to start with), I saw the results and they WERE actually in the mild hearing loss frequency and some of the higher frequencies were in the moderate hearing loss section, my audiologist said that my hearing was fine despite the fact I was stating my difficulties. She said I had trouble processing what is being said, then how come I managed all my life right up to now!?, the results clearly stated that there was a hearing loss.

I was just let off with a few tips and nothing else, not a follow up appointment or a hearing aid fitting appointment. I am actually just going to wait until I can't hear a thing before they realise that I have something wrong with my hearing!? My parents can tell my hearing has gotten worse but the Audi is just ignoring it, I don't actually know what I got now, a "fake" hearing loss, a actual hearing loss or "audiotory process disorder" that I would of had my whole life if I ever had it!

What can I do now?, I live in the UK with my health board being the NHS and being free to all UK residents. Should I wait until my hearing gets worse? Complain? Protest, go private with which my family just simply can't afford? Go Deaf?

Play AC/DC at Volume 11 until you can't hear it anymore.

Just kidding of course, from the audiologist it sounds like it's really a mental processing of sounds not the actual ear hardware that is problem. I'm no way an expert in that type of disability but I found this wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_processing_disorder

You might want to google around for Auditory Processing Disorder and see if any of the information resonates with you. If so, you can look around in your area for possible treatments.

There are others on this board with that exact same issue. APD.

be proud to be deaf. i have that experience like yours. so i decided who am i. Deaf and proud at once.

i went to my audiologist appointment last week and I redid my hearing test, (back story:I did my research on hearing loss and decibels, so I knew I had at least a mild hearing loss to start with), I saw the results and they WERE actually in the mild hearing loss frequency and some of the higher frequencies were in the moderate hearing loss section, my audiologist said that my hearing was fine despite the fact I was stating my difficulties. She said I had trouble processing what is being said, then how come I managed all my life right up to now!?, the results clearly stated that there was a hearing loss.

I was just let off with a few tips and nothing else, not a follow up appointment or a hearing aid fitting appointment. I am actually just going to wait until I can't hear a thing before they realise that I have something wrong with my hearing!? My parents can tell my hearing has gotten worse but the Audi is just ignoring it, I don't actually know what I got now, a "fake" hearing loss, a actual hearing loss or "audiotory process disorder" that I would of had my whole life if I ever had it!

What can I do now?, I live in the UK with my health board being the NHS and being free to all UK residents. Should I wait until my hearing gets worse? Complain? Protest, go private with which my family just simply can't afford? Go Deaf?

Going Deaf is a good thing....'-)

Back