How would you feel if your child(ren) used bad manners with you and to others?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good manners show respect and caring; bad manners hurt people's feelings... It's never too late to teach your child to be polite, but it's smart to start early. What do you think?

I teach my boys to respect everyone equally in school, on the playground, to adults and to children. and being polite learned how to say thank-you and please. Markus never got in trouble in school because I have told by teachers through the years that he is a very polite boy who shows alot of respect to others and teachers and within himself too. That makes me proud that I have taught him to the right path in the right direction. Not bad for a deaf mother isn't it? :lol:

I do same thing for my boys, if my boy hit, I take him aside and tell him it is wrong to hit and make him to apologize to the person whom he hits, he usually go up and give them a hug and say "I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU" instead of "I am sorry" but as long he knows what he did was wrong.

He does know how to say please, thank you, yes ma'am and sir, no thank you. Sometimes he won't do it, we won't do his way until he asks please. It is very important to start manners at a very young age. if you don't, the later they get older the more problems you will approach!

You are doing a great job!!! :)

Yes, I do the same with my boys, too.

I teach my boys to say "thank you" when the butcher or any stores give them candies or piece of sausage sliced.

I also teach my boys to say "sorry" when they made the mistake. I also say sorry to my boys when I know that I made mistakes which it show them that I respect them as the same as they respect me, too.

I also teach my boys to respect adult when they have different personalities.

I teach my boys to not read the comic during meal times.

I also teach my boys to say "please". They forget sometimes but I get them to say "please".

My unbringing education is love and respect.

Back