How to protect my banking privacy from parents?

I'm told it was a fluke and I'm told they gave one of my parents my balance by mistake when one of them asked for the balance of their account; my parent wanted to make a deposit into my account - that part is fine however they should not know how much I have in it..
However, when I get my check I am opening a new account.

You mean that your parent pay support you? So Probably their money and right to know how much deposit and balance .. Maybe they want to see if you have plenty money, then they don't need to put more money deposit into your bank account? :dunno2:

However

Good luck

Same my mom did that!

And my mom called bank! and im really pissed off for sakes and i told my mom please leave my money alone! and dont touch my own money but im really need my private money but im sure banks have policy for sakes but i dont know!

I told my mom i dont wanted together banks! but i would like separation banks from my mom's banks because my mom will looks my mails,and lots of mores that so NOSYS! but i wanted my privates personal mails they i wont wanted my mom touch my mail that it!

Password? the only password I have is for my ATM card, but when someone calls the bank over the phone, the bank usually ask you for the date of birth, the last 4 digit numbers of your social security and the bank account numbers, I'm sure most parents know their child's date of birth and social security number..

Password is better as the parents are already going to know your DOB, SS#, account numbers. A password is a good way to block them off.

Richard

because my mom will looks my mails,and lots of mores that so NOSYS! but i wanted my privates personal mails they i wont wanted my mom touch my mail that it!

I been there got around it using a PO Box. Cost some money though but the privacy is priceless.

Richard

You mean that your parent pay support you? So Probably their money and right to know how much deposit and balance .. Maybe they want to see if you have plenty money, then they don't need to put more money deposit into your bank account? :dunno2:

However

Good luck

I agree with you Phillips that they may have been checking the balance when they made a deposit, and their intentions were to make sure he had enough money. However, if they had any questions, it wouldhave been proper to simplynask deafskeptic, rather than to go behind his back that way.

well it is not right for parents to look in the accounts seems like they are controlling it
my parents are controlling my life but i kept my account out of my parents sights
i hides my accounts from them

deafskeptic, when you open your new account keep your account informations hidden and keep them away from your parents just like i did ok

Remove your parents' names from your account so that they no longer have access to your banking information, or better yet, get a brand new banking account and transfer all your money to the new bank account.

My parents names were never on my account. I'm still wondering how they managed to find out how much money I had. No one but me is supposed to know that.

They do have an account at my bank.

I agree with you Phillips that they may have been checking the balance when they made a deposit, and their intentions were to make sure he had enough money. However, if they had any questions, it wouldhave been proper to simplynask deafskeptic, rather than to go behind his back that way.

Indeed. I would have been happy to tell them. Now I'm not so sure I'd want them to know after what happened.

I'm a she btw.

Same my mom did that!

And my mom called bank! and im really pissed off for sakes and i told my mom please leave my money alone! and dont touch my own money but im really need my private money but im sure banks have policy for sakes but i dont know!

I told my mom i dont wanted together banks! but i would like separation banks from my mom's banks because my mom will looks my mails,and lots of mores that so NOSYS! but i wanted my privates personal mails they i wont wanted my mom touch my mail that it!

I hope that you can move out soon. My parents would do the same with me when I lived with them. I'm very protective of my privacy for this reason.

Indeed. I would have been happy to tell them. Now I'm not so sure I'd want them to know after what happened.

I'm a she btw.

Oh whew! I always thought u were a she all this time until I saw this post and I thought, "Damn, I assumed the wrong gender of an AD member again!!!"

Hope u get everything resolved with your parents soon!

Remove your parents' names from your account so that they no longer have access to your banking information, or better yet, get a brand new banking account and transfer all your money to the new bank account.

That´s an exactly what I questioned her in my first post about parental/guardian in Bank.

It look like that her parents are still her guardian in Bank? Their guardian need to be removed... Apply Bank.

Oh whew! I always thought u were a she all this time until I saw this post and I thought, "Damn, I assumed the wrong gender of an AD member again!!!"

Hope u get everything resolved with your parents soon!

Nope, you were right and I was wrong!:giggle: So much for those that accuse me of not admitting my mistakes!:D

I'm told it was a fluke and I'm told they gave one of my parents my balance by mistake when one of them asked for the balance of their account; my parent wanted to make a deposit into my account - that part is fine however they should not know how much I have in it..

However, when I get my check I am opening a new account.

It sound skeptical to me. It look like that they are allow to check your account ?

They should talk to you about deposit, etc.

Apply Bank to remove your parent as your guardian at Bank and let them know that you are responsible with your money alone, not your parents.

Same my mom did that!

Apply your Bank to remove your parents as your guardian.

I am sorry that way how you are being treat like that by your parents. Have you thought about move out from your parent´s house to have your own privacy?

It sound skeptical to me. It look like that they are allow to check your account ?

They should talk to you about deposit, etc.

Apply Bank to remove your parent as your guardian at Bank and let them know that you are responsible with your money alone, not your parents.

They should not be allowed to check my account and the bank is not supposed to tell them or any one else but me anything about how much I have in my account. The bank betrayed my trust.

They are not my guardians and no one but me should have information regarding my account. They were never guardians of my account. The last thing I'd want is for anyone else to be guardian of my account. If I ever should marry, I'd not want a joint account for this reason. I do not want anyone else controlling my account. period.

They should not be allowed to check my account and the bank is not supposed to tell them or any one else but me anything about how much I have in my account. The bank betrayed my trust.

They are not my guardians and no one but me should have information regarding my account. They were never guardians of my account. The last thing I'd want is for anyone else to be guardian of my account. If I ever should marry, I'd not want a joint account for this reason. I do not want anyone else controlling my account. period.

Do you and your parent share the same name? My SIL has the same name as his dad, except for the middle initial so has gotten his fathers bills etc. If your names are similar it really could have been an error on the part of the teller who was helping your parents. Just a thought.

I have same feeling about it.

I had done to changed my account and password, removed parent's support since last year, now, nothing to snoop in my account.

Just better to use in https instead of http, https is based on security.

Do you and your parent share the same name? My SIL has the same name as his dad, except for the middle initial so has gotten his fathers bills etc. If your names are similar it really could have been an error on the part of the teller who was helping your parents. Just a thought.

No error. They specifically requested her bank balance.

I agree. The bank has a legal obligation to protect your privacy, and failure to do so is a breach of trust. However, your parents have a moral obligation to respect your privacy, and failure to do so results in ill will and bad feelings on the part of the betrayed. And in my book, a moral obligation broken does the most harm to the individual.

Back